Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

KomodoWagon posted:

Also of getting murdered by the millions

There are too many people tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Modest Mao posted:

caesar was like the proto stalin and owned just as hard. so hard people got tired of owning

But Octavian said "I don't care!" and invaded Germany.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

KomodoWagon posted:

Also of getting murdered by the millions

Caesar didn't murder his political opponents. In fact he became quite famous for it because they murdered him instead

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Modest Mao posted:

caesar was like the proto stalin and owned just as hard. so hard people got tired of owning

Voting for Trump is like patrolling the Mojave : it almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

Homestar Runner posted:

:siren: ERROR: 404 :siren:

greetings goon friend,

you appear lost and in the wrong forum.

fear not! allow me to redirect you to your cushy padded cell

with crap,
forums samaritan
I am everywhere at all times

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

skasion posted:

Caesar didn't murder his political opponents. In fact he became quite famous for it because they murdered him instead

He did genocide the hell out of the Gauls, though.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
have any of you guys even considered this though: hillary sucks

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Modest Mao posted:

pro / anti caesar is the partisan politics that will literally outlast the story of jesus christ of nazareth

im an optimate, lets the dirty poors get their own bread

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

hey all Professional Journalist here with a list of publications i write for in my bio, anyway here's a big fat transparent lie for retweets and it came to me as naturally as breathing

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

RaySmuckles posted:

have any of you guys even considered this though: hillary sucks

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Too bad Bernie is gonna die before 2020

I doubt a worthy successor will ever rise lol

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
*A quiet bar in the early hours of the evening, all golden with the light of the setting sun. A piano plays languid jazz, and quiet conversation abounds in a low and peaceful waves, louder, and then softer. The bartender cleans a glass, and watches the television with a customer.

BARTENDER: Well hell, that's it. Looks like Don ran away with it after all.

MAN: He sure did. Crafty orange bastard. He had us all fooled, right to the end.

*The man takes up a shot, downs it and shudders.*

MAN: Guess you can't always believe the polls. It's a hell of an upset, Mike. Are you, Laney and the kids gonna be alright?

BARTENDER: Yeah, I s'pose. He ain't gonna do anything to us the last coupla guys wouldn't have. How'bout you, though? How are you feeling?

MAN: Hey, Mike, don't you go worrying about me. I have things figured out ok, and besides, I have a huge loving penis.

BARTENDER: A huge loving penis?

MAN: Yeah, its huge. Want to see it?

BARTENDER: Nah. I promised Laney I'd cut it out. I'm not in the penis game no more.

MAN: Well if you ever wanna see it, you just ask. It's huge.

BARTENDER: Well hell, maybe some other time. Can I get you one more before you go?

MAN: Well, alright,

*The man turns around, and his penis unspools- it is upsetting and huge, flopping around with the natural dignity of a king, or winged Pegasus, who bore great heroes to their destined course. He is aged, but noble and in his eyes glimmers a splinter of hope, a broken prism dashed across the starscape of his peaceful gaze, but not beyond hope of refraction. His penis is really loving big and it knocks over several glasses as he turns.*

BARTENDER: Hahaha, I guess you will, old friend. Guess it's true what they said about you.

BERNIE SANDERS: And what do they say, Mike?

BARTENDER: When it came to general erections, Bernie would have one.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Justin Godscock posted:

God damnit, I'm all for gay rights and equality but poo poo like the gay community shunning conservatives really does not help their cause at all.

I am always inherently more sympathetic towards a gay republican than any liberal gay movements for that very reason.
If you keep talking about LBTGQ rights, but insult and exclude LGBTQ republicans, then you are a hypocrite of the highest order.

Same with black republicans and such.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

For real though. I'm surprised americans didn't vote for Hillary. She seemed ambitious and smart and most importantly she was one of those rare politicians who actually seemed to give a drat about people.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

kikkelivelho posted:

For real though. I'm surprised americans didn't vote for Hillary. She seemed ambitious and smart and most importantly she was one of those rare politicians who actually seemed to give a drat about people.

You have a very dry sense of humor.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pharohman777 posted:

I am always inherently more sympathetic towards a gay republican than any liberal gay movements for that very reason.
If you keep talking about LBTGQ rights, but insult and exclude LGBTQ republicans, then you are a hypocrite of the highest order.

Same with black republicans and such.

lol

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

kikkelivelho posted:

I agree with the earlier poster, you are generally funnier than this. You gotta tease before you strike.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hillary thought Jeb "Turtle" Bush would be a tougher opponent that Trump lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yHckRTkcZg

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

KomodoWagon posted:

He did genocide the hell out of the Gauls, though.
Technically not a genocide(at least not in the legal modern sense) more like an horribly hateful decimation (kill 10% of the population, enslave the rest that are too dumb to turncoat). Also most of the slave ended up dying while mining all the goldmines in the south dry. But yeah tons of Gauls died and they also literally killed anyone even mildly linked to the local religions.

Toplowtech fucked around with this message at 08:22 on May 9, 2017

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

This reminds me of this presidential address, for some reason...
https://youtu.be/rRMRZALWqag?t=1742

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

lost-woods-theme.mid

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

phasmid posted:

I agree with the earlier poster, you are generally funnier than this. You gotta tease before you strike.

Still a drat respectable kill/death ratio in the last few pages.

I'm amazed at how few people check post histories when a real zinger comes out.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
That 8 year olds thing is bizarre.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The Dennis System posted:

I'm rarely surprised when idiot parents try to use their kids as political proxies.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Gazpacho posted:

this again? it's a pen that you can plainly see the secret service agent holding a couple seconds earlier and he dropped it so that he could catch clinton with the same hand

His hand was in her pants?

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

I assume word went out to them via their mailing lists or whatever to write stories about 8 year olds being scared of Trump except they were dumb and took the 8 year old part literally and made numerous tweets and articles about only 8 year olds

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Homestar Runner posted:

lost-woods-theme.mid

So what's this resistance? It's just a bunch of angry tweeting?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Jose Oquendo posted:

Fundraising

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie

Jose Oquendo posted:

Pretty much angry tweets. Any money raised by the DNC will piss away like the last election. Expecting Hillary to care about down ticket Dems all of a sudden (just like her on gays, black people, college students) is an idiot

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Was it 9/11 that so fundamentally broke american brains or did this happen even earlier?

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

They're trying to rile up people who are emotional.

Everyone is so high on hyperbole and rhetoric these days you can't even have a conversation.

I actually had to defend Trump the other day when someone said he was an admitted rapist because of the pussy grabbing comments. I asked the person if they had listened to the whole conversation, and that he was actually talking about consenting groupies/girlfriends, and the person could not deal with it.

Toplowtech
Aug 31, 2004

A kid who has only known Obama as president and now it's changing and suddenly it's like the world is different forever. I think someone better do some serious psychological survey when the Queen dies.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

kikkelivelho posted:

Was it 9/11 that so fundamentally broke american brains or did this happen even earlier?

9/11 was the most recent brain breaking. the last one was Pearl Harbor

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Toplowtech posted:

A kid that has only know Obama as president and now it's changing and suddenly it's like the world is changing forever. I think someone better do some serious psychological survey when the Queen dies.

lol if you think Obama had any effect on any 8 year old (except for the ones he killed).

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Rutibex posted:

9/11 was the most recent brain breaking. the last one was Pearl Harbor

How did Pearl Harbor break brains? It sucked, but we ended up fire bombing Tokyo over it. :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHOSf2zO5zg

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

man between that 8 yr olds tweet compilation and the sadsack anthony burch tweets I almost want to get archives access just so I can relive the hilarity of the sadly-dead "sweet liberal tears" thread which was loving hilarious. is there a link to that anymore?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

DLC Inc posted:

man between that 8 yr olds tweet compilation and the sadsack anthony burch tweets I almost want to get archives access just so I can relive the hilarity of the sadly-dead "sweet liberal tears" thread which was loving hilarious. is there a link to that anymore?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3797270

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

lol I thought it was archives only, this owns, thanks

• Locked thread