Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

mcmagic posted:

IDK how Arclight beats Wx Weenie. It's pretty good vs everything else.

Looks like it was a clean cut... So no win and in's on camera.

In the interview before this round, LSV thought it's his second best matchup behind mono-U

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

That was a hell of a game from Autumn, I would've given up way earlier than they did.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

moush posted:

I know this was BDM's last event, but why has he been absent since day 1?

Speak of the devil

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Hellsau posted:

just ban the loving card, it was a mistake

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

gently caress yeah, LSV

Too bad he's running into Nexus next round, which he said his deck has a terrible matchup against

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

This stream is very bad

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

80s James Hetfield posted:

CFB is hosting GP Washington DC

I tuned in for a minute and it was MH draft, which is not fun at all to watch when you don't have the cards memorized and can't see any of them on stream.

It might not be fun to watch when that's not the case too, IDK

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

neaden posted:

Lol https://www.channelfireball.com/art...2235.1557794355 MTG derivatives are here. BRB calling my broker.

y
i
k
e
s

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

ShaneB posted:

So they pretty quietly announced arena modern yesterday

https://youtu.be/l8UFFFKO8-g

This makes sense and is what people coming from Hearthstone or whatever expect. I wonder if they'll ever add old sets? It's gotta be way low on the priority list.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Dinosaurs are cool

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Just to be sure, the elf that taps 3 elves to add 3 mana will add an additional 3 for this card?

no, just 1

edit: I'm assuming you're talking about llanowar tribe, which taps for 3g and has 3 elves on it but you could be talking about a card I'm not remembering off the top of my head

long-ass nips Diane fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jun 19, 2019

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm not talking about this tournament because so far this morning all they've shown is an esper mirror and who cares

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I guess he's doing well off-stream but every time I've seen Lee Shi Tian on stream he gets mana screwed and dies without putting up a fight

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Jack B Nimble posted:

TLDR: I want to buy a cheap set of “core” MTG cards, put them all in collective board-game style box, and play with my friends. I need help figuring out what kind of cards to buy and how the cards should be organized.

Like what other people are saying, what you're getting at is very similar to building a cube. You might even want to just go all the way with the cube idea and let people draft their decks if you think your friends would be into it.

You can look at something like this and try to apply it: http://www.cubetutor.com/gettingstarted

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Bring back Mishra

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Cat companions and upsells and poo poo. Unlockable for money useless ornamentation - just what I wanted in my magic playing game.

What a waste of dev resources.

lol

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Arivia posted:

They mention the new set experiences are replacing weekly rewards.

They also say there are packs and gold in the new set thing so we don't actually know what they are or aren't taking away

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

LifeLynx posted:

I draft a lot on Arena and grind for gold for drafts mostly with the precons. What are these weekly rewards everyone's talking about getting? I know there's the end of season rewards, but I feel like you're all talking about another game entirely because I can't recall ever getting something every week. Are you talking about the daily quests?

You get 3 packs a week for wins

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

mfw they ban Cloudpost and not Tron

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

The streamer preview is Monday and I think it opens to the public on Tuesday.

I think this is right since the packs I bought say they're available on Tuesday

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

It would be nice if I could play Arena today

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

People were mentioning earlier on reddit that the dns change let them login, but was causing problems when they were trying to redeem rewards and buy packs. If all that is working now then you could go for it as long as you remember to change it back when you don't need to use it anymore.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Rinkles posted:

there are many ways of applying psychological pressures. at least lootboxes are (comparatively) honest.

This is the spiciest take on microtransactions I’ve ever heard

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I thought the argument for the arena economy was more that each pack is 1/X of a wildcard, not that there's no secondary market so who cares

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

xarph posted:

I've decided to be the change I want to see in the world. I'm buying reading copies of Scrye magazine from ebay and scanning them. Here are the first two to arrive, from the summer and autumn of 1995. Marvel at almost $20 for a Shivan Dragon, everyone with access to an intellectual property license trying to get in on that MTG money, the height of meta being black lotus into two moxes into literally anything, and a cameo appearance by pogs.

https://archive.org/details/ScryeMagazineIssue8-July_August_1995
https://archive.org/details/ScryeMagazineIssue9-September_October_1995

I have 6 and 7 in the mail. If anyone has some tattered copies in a longbox that they're willing to part with, DM me. The scanning process involves cutting the unbound sheets in half, so the process should be considered destructive. For that reason I'm trying to avoid the "NM IN POLYBAG COLLECTORS ISSUE!!!" ebay auctions.

Good lord the graphic design on these

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Rinkles posted:

Arena affecting prerelease attendence? Barely any M20 trip reports.

The sealed pool I did on Arena wasn't that fun and the ones I've watched on twitch have seemed real bad for the most part

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

mandatory lesbian posted:

i don't know, i've had fun with m20 on arena, but i also opened a bunch of cool u/g cards and both cavaliers in those colors so that probably has something to do with it

My pool was alright (went 4-3) but a bunch of my friends have had pools that went 0-3 and they were done in 30 minutes, and I watched LSV crater out of a sealed in like 15 minutes yesterday. It seems abnormally swingy even for core sealed.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I've been tuning in and out of Ben Stark's stream tonight and he seems like a really nice guy, it's kind of refreshing.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

The arena changes are good, I'm glad I don't have to worry about missing a day or two here and there now.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Boros Feather got some nice upgrades with M20 and I've been enjoying it as a BO1 deck. Some of the lines that it can take are so satisfying to execute.

Gods Willing is really fun to cast

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Lone Goat posted:

Just go to your twitch settings/Connections and Disconnect Gleam when you're done

This is what I did.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I would rather have the credit since presumably the store also sells singles.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Just attacked someone with a 22/3 Chandra's Spitfire. It owned.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Uh Holy Crap does this mean more Rebecca Guay art...?

Oh man, please please please

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Magic Underwear posted:

Is a permanent not entitled to the mana of his abilities? No, says the tap symbol. It belongs to its controller.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Riversideblues posted:

What time does the SDCC panel start? I’ve loaded my collection to sell.

6:30 PST, with the article going up on the site after the panel, apparently

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Look Around You posted:

Betting Goldilocks just makes three 2/2 green bear creature tokens somehow.

The bears have to be different sizes!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Dehtraen posted:

Looks like LSV is going to win the gp with bant scapeshift after last minute switching to the deck

Yep!

https://twitter.com/lsv/status/1153085291076431872

Beat Nexus in the finals.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Wizards, make the land cycles uncommon, you cowards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.