Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I will let the shame of one of you being outed as a reddit speak for itself:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Someone explain to me how every time I tuned in this weekend, LSV was waxing nostalgic about how Grixis Shadow was the best deck and all the best players were playing it and none of them T8'ed?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

mcmagic posted:

This 17 land 4 sleight of hand grixis shadow list that Ari Lax posted is what is actually gonna get it banned.

Toshimo posted:

Someone explain to me how every time I tuned in this weekend, LSV was waxing nostalgic about how Grixis Shadow was the best deck and all the best players were playing it and none of them T8'ed?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Star Man posted:

dat smug fuckin dragon :smug:

I BELIEVE YOU MEAN :smaug:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Siivola posted:

The eternalized tokens are black, but Eternal creatures appear in all Grixis Bolas colours.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
How the Planeswalker redirection errata is likely going to work:
  • Targeted effects that only do damage (Lightning Bolt, Boros Charm) -> Updated to include planeswalkers
  • Untargeted Global Damage (Earthquake, Flame Rift) -> Tough poo poo, this no longer hits walkers
  • Untargeted Damage based on a second effect (Sulfuric Vortex, Searing Blood) -> Tough poo poo, this no longer hits walkers
  • Targeted damage that has a secondary effect (Skullcrack, Blightning) -> Tough poo poo, this no longer hits walkers

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

mandatory lesbian posted:

my guess is that it will be half-assed and have to be redone in a few years

Nah. There's probably 5 or less cards that could go either way with a minimum level of common sense.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Blighting isn't getting errata'ed. It won't work on walkers anymore. Deal with it.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

The fact that none of us can be confident in how they're going to errata things doesn't bode well for it being an intuitive change and not something we have to look up on a card-by-card basis when it comes up.

Basically, the entire rule is just going to be treated as if it never existed and about 5 actually played cards are going to see errata. It won't actually be that big a deal.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Blatant Thievery: The perfect 7 mana sorcery for your low-to-the-ground aggro deck. :cripes:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Help my aging eyballs out, any of you see a Mana Vault or Land Tax in here?

Someone has a 4th edition gift box in good shape with the little bag and instruction pamphlet and everything for $45 up on CL locally. Could be fun to pick up just to carry decks around in for a lark.

Sylvan Library makes that a $20 pile

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Also, some of that is Chronicles, not 4th.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Thanks. The novelty of having the old 2-player gift box and token bag might be worth trying to talk them down five bucks. :v:

The listing says it's the old gift box plus "some boosters" so that maps.

I mean, it's not the worst pile. Nevinnyral's Disk, Mind Twist, Channel, Lightning Bolt, Tron pieces. It certainly hasn't been picked over.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Bugsy posted:

edit -
5 - Vaevictis Asmadi chronicles
7 - Ayesha Tanaka chronicles

There are no gold cards on 5. There is a Svitri Scarzam on 4, next to Cursed Rack.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Old multicolor/legend creature design manages to somehow be worse than old mono-color creature design, which is a real accomplishment.

Wood Elemental
Elder Land Wurm
Shelkin Brownie
Nameless Race

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Still, I feel like if Juzam were dropped into a set today having never existed, it would be an uncommon that wouldn't register as anything super special. You'd maybe take in draft if your other options weren't very good, but it wouldn't pull you into black on its own.

They've made more Juzams and they've been rare every time. Plague Sliver, Yukora, Phyrexian Scuta..

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

AceClown posted:

can we do anything about AutoCard Anywhere not working on SA? It's really starting to annoy me now.

Send Lowtax cash

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Procrastinator posted:

actually, oozes do not have hands

That really depends on where in the digestion cycle they are.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

This is the best standard of all time, the fanart cinches it.

You obviously haven't seen the Jace/Vraska Just Desserts fanart.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

suicidesteve posted:

Buy Null Rods now if you want them. Like right now.

lolno

its not even any good now that top is b&

in legacy right now, it doesn't do anything

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Did you just cite Vintage unironically?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Standard is... good?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Star Man posted:

No matter what era of Magic you started playing in, the best way to play the game is to put your rose-tinted glasses on the table and then smash them with a loving hammer.

:corsair:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

my uncle who got me into magic had been playing since 94, hasnt played since tempest, still has his p9 and is just hoarding it to help pay for his kid's college.

This is idiotic and you should tell him to cash out now if he doesn't actively hate his child.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I personally care deeply about getting fresh art for Arlinn Kord.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

idk what's more disappointing: Arguel's Blood Fast or lack of new art for Arlinn Kord.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Steve Argyle originally drew a male angel on Emerge Unscathed and had to change it because all Magic angels are female. I can't find the article he wrote on that right now.

https://steveargyle.deviantart.com/art/Scintillating-Surge-alternate-163001649

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Which distributor do you think is cracking product for singles?

I'm dying to hear the answer to this.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Dungeon Ecology posted:

just want to say anyone bagging on Isabel for her appearance deserves a kick in the teeth. she's a friend of mine and a super nice person, and she came out publicly only a few months ago. i talked with her right after the match finished and yeah I think she forgot to side back in all her cards from the previous match, maybe on screen jitters.

anyways gently caress haters she made day 2 and is an awesome magic player

wtf are you on about I dont see these posts

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Also, coming in here to yell at us like we are twitch chat is like me yelling at my dog for Trump's tweets.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
PS: He's really sorry about bringing up HER EMAILS.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

lol no this is timmy garbage

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
But Dino dude is cool.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Madmarker posted:

So, as he said, the Ultimate CMD card.

No.

Here's some actual amazing commander cards that have been printed ~recently~ (read: post CMD decks being a thing):

• Blind Obedience
  • Grasp of Fate
  • Cyclonic Rift
  • Dramatic Reversal
  • Notion Thief
  • Dark Petition
  • Green Sun's Zenith
  • Aetherflux Reservoir
  • Paradox Engine

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Kurtofan posted:

That ninja art is the best

I like the fact that they took the fact that the plural of ninja is ninja to its logical conclusion.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I'm very torn, here. First, there's no room for harassment or exclusive behavior in magic. Full stop.

On the other hand, supporting Flip it/Rip It is a pretty clear indicator that you are brain damaged. So, if this is what it takes to make WotC say something about that, at least we might get something salvageable out of the situation.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Urza

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
It doesn't matter.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

suicidesteve posted:

Hot take: It was hers to rip. Who cares?

You can independently think that Flip it or Rip it is as much an exercise for the mentally unhinged as keying your own car while still acknowledging that harassment is inappropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I'm very sad that this forum is on the 4chan side of behavior that is literally 'I take things of value and destroy them for the lulz".