Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Kurtofan posted:

the white colored artifact

I'm digging both that this core set is normalising a few things like coloured artifact design and that it's making playable equipment, I think. A bear that leaves an equipment seems usable, certainly very draftable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Probably makes sense to not launch Historic as super-standard plus two new sets at once, and it means they can add the Kaladesh and Amonkhet limited formats in quiet spots.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Jeoh posted:

One Legacy event (in Mengucci's home turf, of course), one Modern event. At least there's a Standard event in Europe again.

London was pretty dismal, losing both my games to format bullshit, but Lyon might be worth a trip, I went a few years ago and it's a great city. Maybe Montreal to make more of a vacation of it.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Elyv posted:

Richard Garfield's original idea was that there would be a whole family of Deckmaster games but that ended falling through when none of them except Magic got anywhere.

Wasn't Netrunner a Deckmaster game, at least for a time?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

LifeLynx posted:

Because I'm playing Merfolk, I'm protected under maritime law, you see,

Cute story

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

If you do a prerelease without singing "Embercats are on the move//Ember cats are loose" you're doing it wrong.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I've got a foil Sorin, Imperious Bloodlord and finally figured out why his art looks odd. On casual inspection he appears to be doing side-eye, but in foil it's much clearer that his eyes are yellow-on-black and he's looking at the "camera". Also in a bit of a weird way but there it is.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Starting to think about a vacation to a GP, but the timings seem iffy. Montreal and Utrecht are great cities but it's limited format on the prerelease and release weekends for the new set. Lyon is standard but is literally the day after Brexit is suppose to happen, which makes me nervous.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I know it's a precon so it doesn't matter, but this seems wild as a common.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Kurtofan posted:

Today they're revealing cards for the Faceless Menace (morph theme) commander deck

The first green vampire I believe.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Yeah, glad I'm not bothering with Birmingham.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I think black and white should get counter spells, say by taxation effects and attaching life costs or otherwise being conditional in ways blue doesn't have to be. White already has Mana Tithe and Dawn Charm. Like how most colours can tutor but only black is unconditional.

Really they need to take a good look at how blue plays to be less negative.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I'd like to see if Smuggler's Copter would make any headway and if Fatal Push in particular keeps it in check, since we didn't get to find out in standard.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

mossyfisk posted:

When are they going to print felines with sacrifice mechanics, so I can play a Standard deck called "The AristoCats"?

If the arena historic format goes back to Amonkhet you should be able to produce a lot of cat tokens and marry that with sac effects?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Really dumb to ban Looting, which is in plenty of non-problematic archetypes, and leave Stirrings.

Nice of them to unban that cars they shouldn't have banned in the first place. And maybe there will be a stupid Colossus Hammer deck with SFM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I don't see what argument you can make to ban Looting where you don't also ban Ancient Stirrings.