Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Mainwaring posted:

Corbyn often has good policies but is fundamentally bad at the job of being leader of the opposition. He'd probably be a pretty good shadow work and pensions secretary or something idk.

Problem is, the other wing is way worse at leading, as shown by them taking the political opportunity of Cameron making GBS threads himself so spectacularly he resigned to knife their leadership in the back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Fallen Hamprince posted:

people say labour's all incompetent but look at the competition in recent years:

- david cameron, the guy who assfucked his entire career and legacy and possibly/probably destroyed the UK in the process
- theresa may, the lady who looked at brexit and said "yeah, i want to be in charge of that 4 sure", running as a populist despite being PM and leader of the rich people party
- boris and that hosed up puppet-looking midget who's name i forget who accidentally succeeded in brexiting and then knifed each other in the back
- snp, a party that literally only runs in a small fraction of the country
- lib dems (lmao)

that corbyn is running against all these people and doing historically badly is a testament to how unusually terrible of a leader he is

and yet everyone else in the party is worse. which is why they couldn't oust him (also why the tried to oust him while the tories had their pants down)

too bad blair left the party in such bad shape huh?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Kurtofan posted:

the english are God's blight

that's why it's called old blighty

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

smells like fascists

odds on this being a false flag attack to try to bolster support for may like they did in france?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-just-called-jeremy-10506835

quote:

Boris Johnson faces criticism today after calling Jeremy Corbyn "monstrous" - for saying something he said himself 12 years ago.

The Tory Foreign Secretary slammed the Labour leader in a high-profile press conference with his US counterpart, Rex Tillerson.

It came after Mr Corbyn linked Western foreign policy to the rise of terrorism in his first speech since the Manchester terror attack today.

He said we "must be brave enough" to admit the war on terror has failed, and "that assessment in no way reduces the guilt of those who attack our children."

In the strongest condemnation of Mr Corbyn yet, he said: "Now is not the time to do anything to subtract from the fundamental responsibility of those individuals, that individual in particular, who committed this atrocity.

"And I think it is absolutely monstrous that anybody should seek to do so.”

There was just one problem - Mr Johnson has made similar comments himself.

And those comments, like Mr Corbyn's, were in the raw aftermath of a terror attack.

Mr Johnson wrote in the Spectator one week after the London bombings: "It is difficult to deny that they have a point, the Told-You-So brigade.

"As the Butler report revealed, the Joint Intelligence Committee assessment in 2003 was that a war in Iraq would increase the terror threat to Britain.

"The Iraq war did not create the problem of murderous Islamic fundamentalists, though the war has unquestionably sharpened the resentments felt by such people in this country, and given them a new pretext.

"The Iraq war did not introduce the poison into our bloodstream but, yes, the war did help to potentiate that poison."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/tory-michael-fallon-slates-jeremy-10508519

quote:

The top Conservative was attacking the Labour leader live on Channel 4 News this evening.

It came after Mr Corbyn said we "must be brave enough" to admit the war on terror has failed in a landmark speech following the Manchester suicide bombing.

Presenter Krishnan Guru-Murthy read out a quote to Mr Fallon: "Isn't it possible that things like the Iraq war did not create the problem of murderous Islamic fundamentalists, though the war has unquestionably sharpened the resentments felt by such people in this country and given them a new pretext?"

Mr Fallon thought this was a comment from Mr Corbyn's speech and went on the attack: "Well they are not entitled to excuses."

But he was left dumbfounded when he found out they were actually words from an article by Boris a week after the 7/7 bombings in 2005.

Mr Guru-Murthy said: "Those are actually the words of Boris Johnson, the foreign secretary.

"He goes on to say, 'the Iraq war did not introduce the poison into our bloodstream but, yes, the war did help to potentiate that poison'."

A flustered Mr Fallon said: "Well I don't agree with that."

The presenter replied: "So Boris Johnson, the foreign secretary, is wrong?"

how are the tories stepping on their own dicks like this?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

financially racist posted:

because trump showed the world that you can say whatever idiot poo poo you want and still win the election

i dunno, hillary said lots of idiot poo poo and she lost

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

that tea better be from a japanese tea ceremony corbyn-san....

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/DannyDeVito/status/868498673872891904

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Pierson posted:

when I was in school they assigned us into groups ('houses') named after saints and we got points throughout the year which we traded in for ??????????

i'm not sure if it was meant to make us competitive against our fellow man or what

which saint was for the evil kids?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

WINNINGHARD posted:

i watched about four hours worth of interviews and speeches by this "corbett" guy and he seems like a nice, down to earth guy who is in touch with his feelings. youd have to be a big time asswipe to dislike him.

please spell his name right. it's corbet, pronounced like sorbet

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

i put a crucifix up for effect

what kind of effect is that?

oh well you always trust a man with a crucifix

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

https://twitter.com/BrianElects/status/868559315992498176

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

:laffo:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

bankies for c:orb:y

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

logikv9 posted:

if you're a corncob but also an orb at the same time does it cancel out or what

no u just get a corbyn

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

he only has the -yn in his name cause he parents thought corb was too on the nose

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

are you guys sure may's still alive? are you sure she ever really existed?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

yeah, duh

you guys are the only ones who actually believe a vote for corbyn is a vote for full communism now!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

these polls clearly point to a surprise victory by the red tories. they're the only ones who address the issues facing 70+% of the public

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

sooooooo

how bad did corby lose by?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Concerned Citizen posted:

ATTN: jim messina
RE: yourself
MSG: go gently caress

too late I already told him to go gently caress himself on twitter a few days ago

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

:stonk:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

i was in scottland last week and a bunch of streets had "wynd" in their names and also wee was unbelievably common in advertisements and business names

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

hey the bbc just took a seat back from corby. gently caress you bbc

edit: oh it's back now

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

:stonk: wtf is wrong with her

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

she looks like a duck swallowing food

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

sorry if i offended u hamprince i'm sure you find that very attractive

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Shear Modulus posted:

what are kensington and chelsea

hillary bet her daughter in a poker game with corby

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Woof Blitzer posted:

Someone pls tell me why Corbyn is bad/good, I hate critical thinking

he likes jam and doesn't like nukes

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

love these serious political commentators that advocate for the most idiotic political choices possible. I'm sure labour would have done real well trying to scramble for a new leader a month before the election :ughh:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

the MSM is out for the pinkos

didn't someone link a graph in here showing the number of negative articles for labour being exponentially greater than any other party? is that not "out for pinkos"?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

so you concede the MSM is biased towards centrism?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

i am very sorry NYT is staffed by normal people who are not into either commie or nazi memes

but corbyn's not a commie? :confused:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Gum posted:

Labour/SNP/Lib Dem vote splitting for the most part

thanks jk rowling

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

hmm yes another unbiased article from the msm. odd how there's no doomsaying about mumrah being in office or wanting to strip away human rights, just articles talking about the jeopardous jam man

🤔

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Venom Snake posted:

Am I correct in saying there seems to be a Corbyn that exists entirely in news articles....and then there is the one that exists in real life? For all the screaming by people like that politico guy Corb doesn't come off as being unreasonable about foreign policy at all.

yes, much like there was article bernie vs actual bernie. remember when the news was freaking out cause bernie stole bruce rappaport's record?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

what does it sound like when may cries? i've seen her laugh, so maybe she unhinges her jaw and goes shrieking through the fields

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

unwantedplatypus posted:

In what way are they different?

did may own slaves?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Baloogan posted:

lol r u serious
he looks like a warmed over cuckmunist.

the apex of beauty for a baloogan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

when i was in scottland, they told me not to smoke too close to the buildings. i guess this is why!

also, i hope you guys enjoy the troubles 2: dupple trouble