Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Carecat posted:

His entire assumption for her being from a rich background that invalidates her experience as a social worker is that the area she grew up has expensive houses today? :psyduck:

Sargon is as sharp as a brick.

I think it`s sad that he left high school because of bullies, but man he really needs some education.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
His kids' teachers are gonna hate parent-teacher night.

OwlFancier posted:

Jesus if he has no GCSEs he's got to be almost totally unemployable and completely ineligible for any further education without doing remedial courses.

I think an analogy education-wise for us yanks is basic high school without senior year or any form of SATs, or for canucks, highschool without grade 12.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Al-Saqr posted:

lol eat poo poo you fat retard pedant from swindon.

Oh gross, he lives near my relatives :11tea:

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

he was really, really fuckin full of himself to think he knew how to speak to french voters

"i know about the french revolution so why don't we force a bunch of french-language memes portraying macron as an aristocrat or as mary antoinette, that'll totally be accepted as authentic and grassroots by the french and not as foreign meddling by idiots"

My favourite part of the French election cycle was all the pepe the frog memes about voting for Le Pen. Let's depict the french as frogs, they really love that!

GreyjoyBastard posted:

The only good thing about Swindon is its famous mad science roundabout.

Wow, a quintuple roundabout, I'm barely used to one.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I was just reminded that Armoured Skeptic is a fella from my hometown, so reading about him makes me wonder what my life would have been if I never moved away from home, never went to university,
and got big into internet fights. I'm thinking I made the right choice, but he apparently has a real sweet set of armour so who knows?

Also it's really sad how these mostly-grown adults, many of whom come from histories of depression and bullying, decide to continue the trend and turn their careers into bullying strangers on the internet.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Guavanaut posted:

He claims that his family were part of some weird new religious movement when he was growing up, so maybe that's a big part of it.

Oh, I think I know the group, they've gotten some flack for trying to go after depressed college kids and other at-risk locals. Again I have real sympathy for folks with crummy childhoods, but becoming an angry talking head doesn't seem like the best path to mental health :smith:

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Low Desert Punk posted:

https://youtu.be/YIi1bjl_iqE

People think that the fella that makes colonial American food on YouTube made a Trump diss, and he sure is angry about it

I'm guessing the fruit fool isn't the most common dessert in America.

fallenturtle posted:

It's kind of surreal seeing him dressed like that in a well composed shot doing one of those ultra common "I didn't want to have to make this video" vlogs.

Yeah, especially since so many of his videos have been about positive interactions with his fans :(

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Jippa posted:

There is a german word for when you are embarrassed for other people.

Fremdschämen, good word, gets a lot of use.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

JVNO posted:

Universities can stand faculty who are bad at their job. What they can't stand is faculty who damage their reputation.

Especially for a such a large university like UofT. If he played this fiddle out in a more rural part of Ontario at a smaller university, he'd probably just fly under the radar as opposed to getting shared in facebook articles among annoyed grads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Help, I'm a turtle, I've fallen and I can't get up!

• Locked thread