Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The Magic Shoes is the most bizarre, hands down. Especially when you get to the end and you see who made it.

http://www.rifftrax.com/lets-pretend-magic-sneakers

IUG fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jun 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

I think "the calendar: how to use it " is still one of my personal favs due to the memorable jackson browne impersonator playing the guitar on it

"That is clever!" :psyboom:
"Don't think about how clever that is!" :psyboom: "Noooo!"
"I can't think about how clever that is!!!" :psyboom:

Ladies and gentlement, Rifftrax is canceled.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

He uses a "sonic screwdriver" which is basically a magic wand, but noisier.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Does anyone have any of the DVDs of the Rifftrax shorts? Specifically Shorts to Astonish? I'm ripping all my DVDs to Kodi as .iso images, but this one disk will not go past 70% for me. I'm hoping that someone could get that full iso so I can finally be done with this project.

(I can rip all the individual shorts besides one, but I wanted to full thing as an archive. It also seems that I ran into this problem in 2013 and Rifftrax support was good enough to add the one short to my library. However, the DVD was a gift, so I don't have the purchase history, and I don't think they'll add the disk image to my account.)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

CrimsonAuthor posted:

Their first batch of that one was all bad actually and they had to reprint it. Try emailing support@rifftrax.com. I got a free replacement (5 years ago).

Won't hurt to email them, so I did. I bought all their other DVDs, so hopefully they'll know I'm not trying to rip them off.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Rifftrax support continues to be the best. They added that DVD iso to my account.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The Holiday Shorts one (the second ever Live show) was one of my favorites. The whole thing with Rudolf alone makes it worth it.

vv Be right there!

IUG fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Oct 24, 2017

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Burkion posted:

You have my attention

I say this liking the movie, for the record. Theatrical cut?

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/941809601539796992

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I found my wife does the acrost thing, so in my head I now hear "oh COME ON!" every time she says it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

They have a link on their site to suggest a riff. But it seems like it's mostly feature length stuff.

http://ideas.rifftrax.com/forums/244244-rifftrax-movie-requests

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm a bit unclear in how to use that site. It says I have the $10 credit for the digital shorts, but there doesn't seem to be a way to claim them on there. Is that coming separately? (If so, then why say I have $10 in credit on this store?)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Gavok posted:

I decided to rewatch the first Rifftrax Live and, man, the extra stuff sure isn't missed. Random people in the audience lovingly singing along to Jonathan Coulton is still cringeworthy as hell.

If that was the first one I went to, I probably wouldn't have gone to any other ones. Luckily that wasn't playing in my area, and I instead started at the second one. I've stopped going to them though as my wife doesn't enjoy MST3k or Rifftrax (but went to a couple of them when we first started dating but was too polite to say anything). Now I'll just buy them on demand, since I did that with all the live shows I did see in theaters anyways.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Well, I just upgraded my mp3 only purchase of that to a VOD version. With the coupon I got it for $4.50. Now I'll see Lumpy's disgusting family in better detail.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

syscall girl posted:

Corbett's great

A must follow on twitter

https://twitter.com/BillCorbett/status/1084258998851911681

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Did anyone watch Tigtone? It's that show that Bill Corbett does a few roles in. (I was not a fan of the pilot, but hope the actual show is better.)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

InfiniteZero posted:

I actually really enjoyed that. It was just a catalogue but they added some humour to it and it worked.

That said: I don't think I "get" RLM most of the time, and I know that there is lots of fan overlap between them and Rifftrax/MST3K. Am I doing something wrong? I don't really enjoy watching a bunch of guys on a couch groaning at films.

I'm not saying that RLM is bad or whatever. I'm sincerely asking: is that "all" they do? Can you get full commentaries on films from them?

They have some mp3 commentaries as well, but I've never tried those. I think the overlap is they both pick on lovely B movies. But RLM is more of the dissecting of bad film and trying to be a film critic about it. More than half of their videos where they watch movies is spent at a table talking about how good/bad it was. You don't spend much time at all watching the films they talk about, it's all clips where relevant.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

By popular demand posted:

Never forget those brave Cardboard cutouts who didn't make it to the end of the movie.
:zpatriot:

I bought this episode of MST3k just because of this scene that I remembered from watching it on SciFi. I had to see the movie so bad that they tried to abandon it.

HOB GOBLINS! HOB GOBLINS!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I just woke up to a :10bux: gift certificate email from Rifftrax, no strings attached. Looks like I haven't even purchased something since December 28th of last year. Check your emails / junk folders!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

In Kodi I just use the TV thing for the shorts, and put the feature length Rifftrax in my regular movie library. I use a smart playlist to look for "Rifftrax" in the file path, and a second smart playlist that is every movie besides that. I need to make another one that is stuff where I have the mp3s to go with the movies, rather than the baked-in ones.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Just a warning, the latest RiffTrax VOD is missing 20 minutes of its 90 minute running time. That's absurd.

18 minutes have been cut from the latest release.

And again they've chopped fifteen or so minutes out of the film.

They cut twenty minutes out. WHY WOULD YOU CUT TWENTY MINUTES FROM THIS KIND OF FILM

And apparently 10 minutes were cut out of a 70 minute film. Like, come the gently caress on.

Yo, maybe you shouldn't watch Rifftrax anymore if you think this is some kind of movie preservation thing. They don't have to make a movie as long as the original. The product page on Rifftrax tells you exactly how long the file is, so it's not like they're stealing from you.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'd go with Wizard of Oz, and it's one of my favorite Riffs. They also did Casablanca, but that's kindof cheating because they said they wanted to do one of the best movies as a goal, and picked that.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I'm biased because The Fifth Element is already my favorite movie, but that's a great Mike-only riff.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The rest of the MST3k crew seemed pretty left, from what I remember. I don't follow anyone other than the main Rifftrax account and Bill/Kevin, but I remember Frank being pretty extreme online (and I'm pretty sure he was left), to the point that I had to unfollow him. Joel is an old hippy I believe, so maybe Cinematic Titanic needs to start back up again or something if there's a falling out at Rifftrax if Mike won't budge.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Rusty Kettle posted:

Bill/Kevin potentially leaving Rifftrax

I haven't seen anything from either of them on this subject, at least not on Twitter (other than one reply someone embeded a few posts up, which hardly counts since you only see that if you go looking for it). I doubt that Rifftrax is going to break up based on what we've seen so far. But if they do, eh, I haven't bought anything from Rifftrax in like a year now, but have sunk probably a thousand or two over the years. (My wife doesn't enjoy MST3k or Rifftrax, so that's what stopped me a few years back.)

Also someone did a health check on the Kickstarter campaigns with the last one they did, aren't they going up in money taken in year after year? Bill and Kevin would have to very publicly leave the company for there to be a dent in that.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Bill posted a bit more on this too:

https://twitter.com/BillCorbett/status/1273141488919158785
https://twitter.com/BillCorbett/status/1273144275576983553
https://twitter.com/BillCorbett/status/1273144623515533312

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah, some of Shmorky's cartoons even showed up during the first live show.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

BrewingTea posted:

Someone recommended I cross-post this here. It was originally in the MST3K thread.

tldr: I'm giving away some MST-related stuff. Please check it out.

Thank you!

I kindof want that movie time door to put in front of my home theater screen for movie nights. But I'd have to live in Nashville to get it. Also, I'd have to have a home theater.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I can probably do Endgame seeing as I've seen Endgame enough times that I can mostly ignore it.

If it's a MST3k episode or Rifftrax VOD, I sometimes miss jokes as I don't know the movies and still try to keep up with what's happening in it. That's why despite Cloverfield being a piece of poo poo movie, I remember nothing about the Rifftrax for it because I was trying to keep up with that paper thin plot.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

You could always just :filez: it, and go to the Rifftrax donation page. They basically beg you to during the credits.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That was an excellent use of money, holy poo poo.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

muscles like this! posted:

So there's a holiday coupon code for the weekend and the email I got says it doesn't work on Jack-O, which makes sense as they usually exclude new releases when they do coupon codes. However the website notification for the code only says it excludes gift cards and when I purchased Jack-O (along with a short) I tried the coupon and it worked.

You just took food out of Mike, Bill, and Kevin's mouths. I hope it was worth it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/BillCorbett/status/1337055550052380682

Good for him!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

That first one is clearly just Bill Corbett. He's not shaved or gotten a haircut since the pandemic started.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

How is Fungicide not one of those movies where they try to be bad, and ruin any fun in the process? This one feels like a scam to do as little work as possible just to get money from people who "like B-Movies", and Rifftrax getting the rights to it is just a huge (?) payday for something they clearly didn't put effort into.

How do you see something like this:
and want to give these people money?

Yeah, this one put a hair across my rear end for some reason.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/kwmurphy/status/1381409785560526850

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Breadallelogram posted:

I just noticed Mike went on Lowtax's gaming stream 6 months ago. lol.

so that'd be roughly 8 months after he got in trouble for doing a podcast with Doug TenNapel, which I think was around the same time the Troll 2 riff was pulled from the website

That sucks, but on the other hand, lol @ those view numbers in that time period.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I also have a code for Wizard of Oz, and won't be using my Rifftrax Friends code. Wizard of Oz is one of my favorite Riffs they've done, so whoever doesn't have it, should take the code from me and take a listen. PM me for one or the other please.

IUG fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Jan 15, 2022

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

IUG posted:

I also have a code for Wizard of Oz, and won't be using my Rifftrax Friends code. Wizard of Oz is one of my favorite Riffs they've done, so whoever doesn't have it, should take the code from me and take a listen. PM me for one or the other please.

No one asked for Wizard of Oz, so here's the code for whoever wants to steal it.
MSTOzrn7YY8Uz
Use at: https://rifftrax.com/MakeMoreMST3K

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Check if you download a new copy from Rifftrax, and see if the files differ in any way. They’ve been removing that kind of stuff for a while. If not, report it and they’ll likely remove it.