Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Gavok posted:

With the shorts-based RiffTrax Live and the site reaching its 300th short, I'm adding to a listicle I did of the 25 strangest RiffTrax shorts. For anyone who's been watching those regularly, what are some good bizarre shorts they've done in the last 3 years or so?

One Got Fat. It may be because I first saw it prior to it being riffed, but jesus is it ever a carnival of horrors and maimed children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Mister Kingdom posted:

I knew he wasn't happy with the direction MST3K was taking, but it seems that something more happened.

I bet money that Jim Mallon happened

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

WhiteHowler posted:

This is almost unwatchable due to audio issues with the movie.

yes. "audio issues" make it unwatchable.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

My wife handled The Room and Birdemic with increasingly exasperated aplomb, but Rollergator was her limit and she has forbidden repeat viewings.

Everytime we pass a solar farm now, I hear a mumbled "solponz!" from her side of the car.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Like when John Saxon just disappears from Mitchell. Because they cut his death in a dune buggy crash.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Canned Panda posted:

I still think there's a decent movie hiding deep down somewhere in Manos.

Gavok posted:

Yeah. Outside of the catfight bit, there's a good enough horror script that's hurt by really bad production and acting.

I find Manos pretty unnerving (albeit unintentionally) anyway much the same way Texas Chainsaw Massacre unnerves me: both have this weird grainy snuff film quality.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Come on and slam
and

Barudak posted:

Welcome to Japan

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

BaronVonVaderham posted:

We're about 10 minutes into "The Apple". What the actual gently caress am I watching.

1980 compressed to a wafer-thin sheet, punched with sprocket holes, and run through a projector.

They achieved this remarkable breakthrough in 1977 with Viva Knievel and Breaker Breaker, both of which I watched in the same weekend as The Apple and holy poo poo I wanted a CB radio and pet rock by the end

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

It only takes a minute to deeply regret my purchase of Rollergator
Rollergatorrrrr

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Not much of a loss, Lowtax's delivery loving sucked. Maybe they can redo it with Bill and Kevin in his place.

as long as they keep the constant "LARRY DAVID!"

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

I met Alan Thicke once, he checked into the hotel I worked at under the name "Richard Swinger". Nice fella.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

When I saw the email I assumed they were doing The Voyage of the Mimi.

It always blows my mind that anyone other than 8 weird AG students at my middle school ever heard of that. But you can bet your rear end it taught me how to distill rainwater into drinkable water with some clear plastic. Also the phrase "five gallon bucket of peanut butter" pops into my head and I don't remember why.