Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Spoiler for final results

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

zegermans posted:

Man this election really does have a Trump, Clinton, and Bernie

Yeah I remember when Bernie refused to concede at the DNC and didn't endorse a candidate

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

axeil posted:

Maybe the real reason Mélanchon lost is leftism sucks and is Real Bad

What do you dislike about leftism?

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I'm a big baby, bitch.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Alienwarehouse posted:

So it's a choice between a neoliberal technocrat and a protectionist nationalist?

Yeah boi.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I doubt Le Pen will win but if she did at least there'd be the bright side of the EU getting hosed a little more.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Fallen Hamprince posted:

i too love world wars, come join me and baloogan in canada and we can exchange favourite bayonet techniques and maybe watch some animes (no gay stuff) (unless ur into that)

Lol if you think Frogxit would lead to Germany declaring war on France.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

why is macron campaigning to american liberals more than any american politician right now

The centrist ideology is like that everywhere.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Oopsy daisy

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I said this before but it bears repeating: Macron is Trump for people who, instead of believing everything the National Enquirer says, believe everything the Economist says.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

hakimashou posted:

This thread increasingly convinces me that Macron is the right man to lead France.

The antidote to the far right isn't the far left.

You think the far left is social democrats though.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Fallen Hamprince posted:

*believes everything rando on twitter says*

I wouldn't call Hillary a rando, Hamprince.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

You should see the Daily Stormer (far right/alt right blog or podcast or something)'s take on what Macron said. I don't even want to link or quote it because, obviously, it's racist as all hell, but they basically said "Macron's not being racist he's just talking common sense and everyone's triggered"

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

For real though, what Macron said wasn't wrong because he identified high fecundity as a problem, it was wrong because he misrepresented how demographic transition works. He has the cause and effect backwards. Countries don't become developed because people decide to stop having kids; people stop having kids because countries become developed, and they don't feel like they need 7-8 dice rolls just to be sure two of them to survive to adulthood. That's how it happened in every developed country with a stable or declining population, and folks aren't gonna just spontaneously stop having kids because Jupiter said it would be nice.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

babypolis posted:

everyone in the world has already figured out that you can get away with anything as long as you butter up trump first. hes gonna get manipulated by every world leader lol

Trump seriously thought he was going to win every interaction with world leaders because none of them had ever encountered a charming person or bully before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Trudea handled it better.

• Locked thread