Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
In this and Dragonfall, I didn't find cyberware to be that great when I played. In Honk Kong, though, I found something I really, really liked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Yeah you can stop using them whenever you want. You don't need them to get through the fight, it just makes it easier. Besides, you can handle the stuff just fine so there's no reason not to take just one more.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Fish Noise posted:

This is going to be That One Outfit You Eventually Switch Away From But Never Leaves Your Inventory, isn't it?

I know I wore that thing for far longer than I should have when playing the game. I don't regret it.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Hey, come on, he ain't so bad.

Though I will admit that HK has some, eh, flashier and significantly more ra...d-er people to bring along.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

wiegieman posted:

Dunkelzahn also outed Aztechnology (I mean, officially, everybody already knew) as Blood Magic users.

It is unfortunate that such baseless rumors persist, but you can be assured that Aztechnology is committed to the ethical use of magic and strongly condemns the practice of so-called "blood magic", as can be seen from our participation in various cross-corporate initiative designed to improve transparency. Sadly, I must also inform you that if you continue to participate in the spreading of those rumors, we will regrettably have no choice but to involve our legal department.

Signed,
Your friends at Aztechnology

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Or at least they're smart enough to decline the job.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
That last story made me think of something: wouldn't being paralyzed from the waist down be curable without too much trouble in the Sixth World? Between magic and cyberware, I'd imagine a visit to your friendly local cyberdoc could solve that problem. It wouldn't be cheap, but I can't imagine it'd be that expensive either.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, that's what I was thinking of. If one half of your body has been separated from the other half, then yeah, that would be problematic to replace essence-wise. But fixing the fibrous bits in someone's spine seems like it shouldn't be that big of a deal. I realize it's for story purposes here, but it just doesn't seem to fit with the setting.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Xander77 posted:

Every single picture of D looks drastically different. Emphasizes the importance of having a setting bible of some sort.

The Big D looks however the gently caress he wants. If you don't like that take it up to the great dragon himself.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
The creation of the UCAS itself probably did away with that on its own.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

wiegieman posted:

They really only keep the Yakuza stuff going out of inertia, and to occasionally have another way to send goons after people or do other illegal things.

Why would you even need to pretend at that point? You've got extraterritoriality on your own property, so you do whatever you want there. And outside of that, sending a corp kill team after people is just normal business when you're AAA.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
You know you've made it to the big leagues when everyone in a AAA down to the lowly Stuffer Shack manager is ordered to be on the lookout for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

The Lone Badger posted:

Ares Macrotechnology in particular has gone full X-COM and sends combat teams to the metaplanes to burn hives and gather samples.

You'd expect Saeder-Krupp to be the first in line for this, considering what we've seen in this game. But then again, Ares' branding and corporate identity as I understand it is all about weapons, security, and not so subtle use of excessive firepower. I imagine that also factors in this.

• Locked thread