Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007

Olaf The Stout posted:

Kind of jealous of Dota 2 announcers to be honest. Hots announcers have around 5 minutes of audio, while Dota 2 averages 45 minutes per announcer.

If there is one thing I'd love to bring over from my DOTA2 inventory it's the Stanley Parable Announcer Pack. They really gave him some wonderful lines and I miss his soothing voice.

Compared to that the mixed sounds of the selected announcer and the map announcers in HOTS feel really primitive. For me very few of the announcers have a... personality? I'd love to hear more quips, silly lines or even bad jokes during the game from the announcers. :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007

MMAgCh posted:

Well that's disappointing. If this is what it's supposed to sound like I don't even feel it deserves the altered voice-over tag.

Two years ago when they added the Orc Sgt. Hammer reskin they gave her a altered voiceover - pitched her voice down and called it a day. The voice sounded terrible and was removed from the skin after a few months.

Compared to that mess, I'm happy when they go easy with the voice alteration on skins! :shobon:

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007

Macaluso posted:

Are they really not doing a spotlight video

I'm assuming it'll drop when the hero is released live to drum up more interest, rather than the PTR-release this week.

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007

Issakhar posted:

I hate the map, I have no idea why it's been in the QM pool for so long after being removed from the ranked ladder for like, what, 4 years?

I agree wholeheartedly with this. It's an awkward map to play since the best way to play it is to not risk losing coins - that's boring!
I'd be ecstatic if they swapped out Blackhearts Bay to Haunted Mines in QM; it was also "bad", but at least it's a different kind of bad.

Speaking of old maps, I wonder if they'll ever re-introduce that old Hanamura Boss mob.

Lamquin
Aug 11, 2007

Bum the Sad posted:

I haven’t played this game in years but why the gently caress did they disable Leoric?

According to Blizzard in 2020 (Augh);

quote:

Both The Lost Vikings and Leoric are flooding our RISK team with intentional feeding false positives. To keep ARAM as healthy as possible we are temporarily removing them from the mode.

Glad to see a patch!