Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Remember when Raynor's talents affected hyperion shots and it still only made him "viable"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

"It was at that moment, that Raumsog knew, he hosed up"

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

I found an error in your list, it doesn't contain Stitches, Tracer, or Morales

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

GenericOverusedName posted:

That applies to all abilities by the way. Even stuff like Sonya's Slam which is just Hit Really Hard, that's a spell damage.

* Abilities that reset your basic attacks instead do not count (Looking at you, Artanis)

Which makes triple strike artanis hilarious against a suspersition nazeebo

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Every time you die, spam pings on the nearest friendly hero (even if they are a lane over)

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

bamhand posted:

The point is there's no reason to ever push the top lane in Dragonshire. So you can just let your solo guy safesoak without worrying about getting any siege damage in.

Removing the enemy's top lane structures gives them no safe retreat zone up there and makes going for that shrine a very risky option.
Heck even soaking past the bridge is not safe if your top fort is down since that huge opening above the bruiser camp exists.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Sab669 posted:

Dumb Question: Is D.va the only hero who can disjoint projectiles in this game?

A good amount of League experience and a shameful amount of DOTA games but I'm fairly new-ish to HOTS. Played a bit a long time ago and just started playing again a week before 2.0 dropped. D.va's been pissing me off since.

zeratul and li ming can disjoint projectiles with carefully timed blink, tracer can disjoint with rewind and illidan with metamorphosis, any ice block type effect also disjoints

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

If you were level 9 with jojo (or any other hero) before they changed how all the leveling works you will already have the master portrait

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

I swear half the "normal comp" QM screens you get are fake and the game is just teasing you, and will always just give you the connection error when this is the case

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Spudd posted:

I'll still wait, the fact that there is another mortal strike effect in there screams to me that it's not 100% on the ball, especially at level 7.

I mean they gave Alarak battle momentum at level 1

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Power Bottom posted:

A'ight, so someone from this thread (or reading this thread) tracked down my Discord and messaged me asking for better winrate percentages.

First of all: Do not do that, you creepy loving weirdo.

Secondly: I do not work for Blizzard, I'm just good buddies with some folks that do. We like to BS about HOTS from time to time because we play it together every now and then and that's where I got the Tychus Winrate from. I do not have a secret red telepone wired directly to Alan Dabiri's rear end in a top hat, so please do not play Internet Detective on my poo poo just so you can beg me for Secret Winrate Deets. HOTSlogs, while not perfect, is close enough.

Thank you.

it was jimbo wasnt it

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

BrianBoitano posted:

"Tracer AI might be the best thing ever" from reddit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6rskJlWlIs

An accurate representation of the inner psyche of trying to play Tracer

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

NeurosisHead posted:

I just had one of those QM games that started with someone doing something loving stupid, and replying with "lol it's qm" when someone called them out. So I spent the entire game relentlessly feeding, and typing "lol it's qm" in chat every few seconds. It was, by a wide margin, the most fun I have had playing this game in at least the last year. Namaste.

source your quotes you gigantic manbaby

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Frogs are great vs Illidan, just toss them behind you when you see him coming in for the dive

If you have the 5 frogs talents half his health is instantly gone lol

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Don't you dare convince Blizzard that Chen needs a "rework" aka shuffling talents around and making him useless

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

glug glug glug
ha ha ha!
*smash*
*fwoosh*
HO
*sound of barrel*
bonk, bonk, bonk, bonkbonk, bonk, bonk
enemy slain

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

dead game for casuals EleGiggle

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Nephzinho posted:

Yes, but you place all the mines in a spot and bait people into it. Why else play Aba?

Still more fun to place them all over the map chokes when there is a zeratul or nova on the enemy team. Much glee as you see their icon pop up in random spots of the map all game long

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

The Shortest Path posted:

It would avoid the situation of players picking characters that end up garbage on the map that they get randomed into. If you don't like the daily map, you can just not play qm that day and not have to worry about it on later days, instead of hoping you don't get randomed into a lovely one like Hanamura or Mines. Draft will still be random, so you have options for variety.

What are the downsides to this?

"just not play that day" is an awful solution

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

I'm giving this idea, The Shortest Path...Right to my toilet!!

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

The Shortest Path posted:

Like I said shortly later, it would be better as an additional mode, so people who want to play situational characters like TLV can do so without getting utterly hosed by the random map if they don't want that.

I mean, they also need to do something about their egregiously lovely maps like Hanamura and BHB but :shrug:

yes lets make another game mode to segregate the playerbase and lengthen queue times even further
and of course the best way to do this is to make a mode with a fixed map so the same heroes best suited to that map are picked and played in every game

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

People use portals, but only when its one you specifically made for yourself to dive under a keep to try and snipe a kill, and then they end up dying and complaining because you didnt shield them

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Apparently there was some info leak and the next hero is a disc/shadow priest multiclass

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Power Bottom posted:

The killing complaint against a Blue Ragnaros was that it looked too much like Jaina's Water Elemental.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

it finally happened

e: fml

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Oh man they did it, they made brightwing's E not garbo

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Hats confirmed for Hots!?

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Is a hood a hat? Valla, Auriel, Tyrael, Medivh, Jaina, etc

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

I'll settle this.

(I'm the deely bobber)

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

First loot box gave me this bad boy :smugdog:

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

SKULL.GIF posted:

Why is Tychus's belly button hosed up?

Apparently back when Jimmy and him were outlaws the two of them were in a tussle with some UED marines or something and he took some bullets to the gut to give Jimmy time to escape

/lore

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Holy poo poo they just confirmed Fenix during the HGC stream

as a sc2 commander

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

So if Stukov uses his E on a sieged hammer, is the hammer completely hosed unless another hero interferes? Or can you unsiege while silenced

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Imagine if Sylvanas had a talent that let her shadow dagger spread back to heroes that were already hit by it, or if KT had a talent that made his living bomb spread 1 second after application instead of at the end (and also spread back to heroes already hit)

This will be Stukov but with healing instead of damage.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I'd be bummed if I won the Blizzcon trip, the last thing I'd want to do is hang out with the same people typing "gg fags" 35 seconds into a match

imagine the smell

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

BrianBoitano posted:

Just posting this in case these people think they live in real states or provinces. Sorry about not being eligible for a $350 Illidan statue, fellas

wow what the gently caress do they have against north dakota

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

If you want a picture of the future, imagine a zergy arm, shoving in the face of humanity, forever

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

Another complication of "which healer is best" is that some are great double supports but awful solo supports, like Lili

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

I agree with Libertine, and Auriel needs not only to be complemented by her own team but needs a suitable enemy team, players at higher levels of play know that an Auriel can be shut down by picking either a dangerous front line that threatens her or her battery, or long range poke like chromie or nazeebo that starves her of hope. Or piling on the CC due to a lack of a cleanse or similar support ability. And thats why she has a poor win rate there. Whereas Uther on the other spectrum works well in pretty much any composition and doesn't really get countered by anything besides a long drawn out fight and with his talent rework even that can be negated a bit by picking specific talents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

someone play xul and give the op-ness report