Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I prefer mercin' when the objective just popped and the enemy team is roaming as five.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

blastron posted:

So basically now the only purpose of keeps on Hanamura is to power up your next shot at the cost of massively extending on a map that otherwise never requires you to move past mid? And they're adding an extra point of core health to drag things out more. I'm not sure this is much of an improvement.

I like the XP on payload change though. Now a team won't fall behind in level for actually bothering to engage with the map objective.

This sounds like the map designers were mad that people were playing Hanamura wrong. It's not about pushing its about the dumb lovely payloads!!!!

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
:siren:MASSIVE SHOVE GOES THROUGH ENEMY GATES:siren:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Semper Fudge posted:

Blizzard's true talent as a video game developer has always been finding voice actors that give their lovely underwritten characters a ton of life and personality.

Obligatory.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Radish posted:

I want to like the Gazlowe announcer but something about it feels off. Like it was recorded differently than the other announcers and sounds weird in a way I can't quite put into words...

Yeah, effort and personality was put in to it.

The Lili and Brightwing announcers are also good but too many of the others are just "Say the usual lines in the character's voice."

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I won 5 loot boxes. :geno:

I mean, it's 5 more boxes that I didn't have the day before but i didnt even get anything good out of them.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Kai Tave posted:

Speaking of builds, in my quest to grind out quick lootboxes I've been playing some underutilized characters and I'm messing around with Uther who I recall got an overhaul not that long ago. What are some good builds to go with for him?

Grubby keeps a list of his preferred builds here. Keep in mind that you should adjust your builds to account for your team comp/the enemy comp/and the map.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Stukov seems pretty good.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Bogart posted:

That's why you use her global ult, not Triple Tap.

But it'll totally kill that low-health runner as long as the shots aren't intercepted by other players/terrain/photons!

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Kyrosiris posted:

But how can I be edgy if I don't pretend to like the war criminal who put the Jewish charicature race into a ghetto? :saddowns:

Dwarves are the Jewish caricature, Trolls are a caricature of Caribbean Islanders, get your racism straight. <:mad:>

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

peer posted:

He's talking about goblins dude

In my defense, I've been reading some Tolkien lately.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
This is why people like Garrosh.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
His pauldrons are somehow even more ridiculous than in WoW. Garrosh's Trait: Blinded against any enemy that attacks from the left or right.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Paranoid Peanut posted:

lol @squishy mage charging while johanna and varian stay back

I mean, it explains why Blizzard is bad at balancing if they think Jaina and Hammer are melee characters

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

His second skin is fuckin dooooooooope

EDIT: Other than that he looks sort of uninteresting.

1stGear fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Aug 21, 2017

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Its more accurate to say that while Sylvanas can solo lane, she's way better with another person to help push the lane forward and actually get to the towers.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

ToastyPotato posted:

Eager to see how the HotS design team finds a way to give her a titty skin because they literally cannot help themselves.

"This cloak was made from the breasts of my enemies."

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

lucifirius posted:

HGC being the thing they don't promote that well, with teams I don't know about because Blizzard doesn't care as much about their other games that aren't Weebwatch and World of Raidcraft?

Blizzard promotes games that make them a bazillion dollars.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

lucifirius posted:

Did they try?

I mean, they've made a bunch of cinematics, fund and host a tournament scene, and still giving this game a remarkable amount of high-quality updates on a regular basis. Blizzard is by no means abandoning HotS and they show no intention of doing so. I'm gonna make a wild guess and say its hitting its performance targets for them.

But the MOBA genre is dominated by DOTA and LoL and both of those games were well entrenched before HotS even entered open beta. Blizzard isn't going to spend the same money on HotS that they did on Overwatch unless a miracle happens and somehow the popularity of one of the other games tanks in proportion to a rise in HotS' population.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
HGC Europe is live. The Maiev spotlight will be after the first match.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Macaluso posted:

LIES :mad: They're starting a second game now

A match is a full set of best of 5 rounds.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
First match is over, Maiev spotlight should be soon

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Or just watch the spotlight I thought hadn't been put on YouTube yet.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

BrianBoitano posted:

idgi.

You either have to know WC3 / WoW lore or need to not be a dumb dumb. Someone help me out?

"Vault" can be used as a synonym for jump or as a secure storage place. There is also a dungeon in WoW called Vault of the Wardens, which is the home base of Maiev and Friends.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
There's a Three Greymane Moon spray. :allears:

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
On phone so I can't link but LeyzarGamingViews on YouTube has gameplay of Maiev up.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

SirSamVimes posted:

oh my loving god

jesus christ maiev has three heroics

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I really enjoy that it seems like the ideal way to use Umbral Bond isn't to stand there while your prisoners try to run away but to physically drag they asses back into your team's gently caress Zone. A coordinated Chromie/Kel'thuzad with Maiev will be nasty.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I'm sure the character who's primary damage ability is intended to hit multiple targets, has a CC aimed at pulling enemies into a small grouping, and both Heroics are CCs that set up wombos is a grade-A duelist.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
All teamfights happen in a frictionless vacuum where everyone is a rational actor.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Hero League queues shouldn't be taken as indicative of the health of the game because there are a ton of reasons people wouldn't want to play it.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
When do we get a Hell in a Cell skin for Maiev

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Kai Tave posted:

Dear Illidan players: When Murky's egg is killed he's revealed on the map until he can place a new one. You may think to yourself that this is the perfect opportunity to use The Hunt on him, when he's at his potentially most vulnerable. However, bear in mind that you should probably make sure that Murky's four other teammates aren't nearby when you dive in across the map alone and unsupported, and also remember that Murky has an ability which renders him briefly invulnerable to everything, including The Hunt.

Well maybe if you had engaged with him they would have won bg poo poo team gonna feed lol

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWcVT8rXe58

Hell yeah.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Publords are either want to take mercs too much or not enough, there's rarely a middle ground.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

AlmightyBob posted:

Goddamn hanzo is fun

gently caress you

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Fair

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Take Taunt Varian when your team doesn't have a tank.

Take Smash Varian when your team already has a tank, but could use a bruiser.

Take Twin Blades Varian when your opponents draft a really squishy team with no blinds or CC and proceed to loving obliterate them.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

bamhand posted:

If they're squishy then Taunt or Smash will obliterate them just as well if not better than Twinblades. Unless your team is terrible. Then you have to go Twinblades I guess. Like if no one on your team is able to attack the guy you charge and then hold in place for 2 seconds.

are we playing the same game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Goddamn, that Enforcer Bundle is expensive.