Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
i have a powerful need for cop dva

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Ark
May 16, 2010

90s Shoes posted:

So, generally and maybe map-specific if anyone's bored enough, what are some of the better duoqueue hero combos (even ones with minor synergies like Jaina/malf, etc.)?

Coming back to this game after a long hiatus and mostly I'll be playing with my roommate, so we're trying to hook some fun synergistic duos to dominate lanes and fights with.

morales/hammer is the classic pubstomp combo, morales heals single targets incredibly fast and hammer has a really long autoattack range

put them together and you have something that the average pubby cannot solve - nobody's willing to take the initiative to dive hammer to get at morales and morales can outheal virtually any amount of poke

President Ark fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Apr 26, 2017

President Ark
May 16, 2010

calling it now, they're going to roll malth's level 13 "gain armor for each person you have death mark on" into his AoE death mark ult

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Midnightghoul posted:

He doesn't have a cleanse, but he does have literally every CC option except for a non-conditional stun

i think launching someone across the map is just as good as a stun

President Ark
May 16, 2010

veedubfreak posted:

This is only my 2nd season. Unfortunately, no matter how hard I try there's at least 1 fucktard doing something stupid to throw the game.

if you're playing correctly and not tilting then over time you'll win more than you lose because there's only a 4/9 chance of the fucktard being on your team but a 5/9 chance of them being on the enemy team

President Ark
May 16, 2010

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

In high Diamond and low Platinum, I STILL get people who auto-highlight Nova and just say "You ban Nova, I leave." or "You ban Nova, I feed."

If I am not banning, then I pray that the guy who does bans Nova to save us all.

what do these people do if the other team bans nova

President Ark
May 16, 2010

bio347 posted:

The only times I've wiped in the brawl are when somebody ignores Abathur on the second screen. It can make the Zagara pit a bit treacherous when the Monstrosity sneaks up behind you.

yeah i've wiped a few times and they're all in zagara's little fuckfest

President Ark
May 16, 2010

i like rag's ult being depicted as a piano

President Ark
May 16, 2010

i am calling it now, they are going to change blaze's level 4 talent tier, meltdown is so much better than everything else on that tier that you're an idiot if you don't pick it

President Ark
May 16, 2010

i've played blaze a whole bunch and so far my experience with bunker vs. combustion is that you have to play it by ear and pick bunker if the enemy comp seems to have debuff-reliant champions bunker would gently caress over and they're competent and your team seems like they're trying to avoid damage and not just playing like "RUN AT ENEMY TEAM AND MASH MAXIMUM DAMAGE BUTTONS"

i think i've picked combustion over bunker like... 66% of the time, and when i do pick bunker sometimes i've misjudged the situation in which case it's about as useful as a wet fart, but when bunker is useful it's really useful

one trick to combustion is to fart out a bunch of oil slicks first so that it's harder to get away from you

President Ark
May 16, 2010

bunker also fucks over combo-chromie hard because getting into it just makes the time loop effect vanish and do nothing, even if you immediately get back out

President Ark
May 16, 2010

i own and have played every warrior a decent amount and my thinking on yrel is that she has problems but they're not simple numbers fixes

my two biggest complaints with her are

1. her animations while charging are cool but also tell your opponent exactly what you're doing and when they need to stun you to prevent healing/CC/escape
2. she isn't unstoppable mid-leap which can be really frustrating when you charge it all the way up and then jump over a bear trap or something and get pulled out of the sky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Ark
May 16, 2010

maybe i'm weird but i always try to find an excuse to pick planet cracker as fenix, and my excuse is typically "we have any kind of cc that can hit more than one person at a time"

yeah, purification barrage can't miss, but the damage on it feels so anemic