Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Uther is way, way better now. He's even more of a hard counter to burst assassins now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

banned from Starbucks posted:

I tried him and he seemed like old uther with less buttons. Bad mana efficiency long cooldowns ect.
Are you taking wave of light at level 1? Because you really, really want wave of light. I can't see ever taking any other option outside of joke builds.
He still has long cooldowns, but mana efficiency is way better than it was. Also devotion aura is just an insane passive- there's really nothing else like it for dealing with burst damage.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Also every point of data I can find for Genji's winrate is sub 50%. He's just so, so easy to stun out and murder.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Macaluso posted:

Genji gets poo poo on by Anub, he died every single time he tried to ult me. Was great. Anub'arak more like Anub'arules
Genji really appears to be a litmus test for how much CC your team has. Reliable stuns=dead genji.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Yea dota all pick is not functionally different from quick match, except you get even less balanced teams.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

So if you want to roll QM as 3, just play Rag/Varian/Uther. It's such a good brawly core that plays well with whatever random garbage you are assigned.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

exquisite tea posted:

QM is the official "game doesn't matter" mode and you personally will almost never contribute to your team's wins or losses, as that was more or less decided at the hero select screen.
Sorry, you're just flatly wrong. The existence of more variance/confounding factors just increases the number of games it takes for your winrate/MMR to reflect your skill. This is the same fallacy as 'elo hell' - that your performance is not reflective of your skill, but of factors outside your control. The fact that people are able to maintain big winrate edges in solo queue QM runs directly counter to your idea.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Nephzinho posted:

You have a minimap. Not spotting the glimmer is not what kills you, its being out of position when there are missing opponents on the map.
Yea. Stealthers just amplify bad map awareness. You should be keeping track of where enemies are/last were anyway. Stealthers aren't really that different from a kerrigan/butcher/other ganker coming at you from the fog.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

BrianBoitano posted:

Play a tank or bruiser to survive stealthies you say? :smug:

https://clips.twitch.tv/DreamyUnusualBoarFreakinStinkin
This doesn't really say anything about stealth heroes though, just that Rich is really mechanically skilled and can outplay the poo poo out of his opponent.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Firstborn posted:

Hey how do you make Varian have a shield or two swords? How do you decide if he's a warrior or assassin?
Level 10. It's pretty self-explanatory once you read his ult descriptions.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

I just got the vs ai quest too, for the first time, and the volume of people complaining about it all at once makes me think it might be a bug
Same. I think it's meant to show up as one of the newbie quests.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Kai Tave posted:

Yeah, you've either got a mistake in the writeup or there's an error in the PTR because I'm watching videos of people playing D.Va and GGWP is on level 16 over there.
C/P error I think- there are 4 pilot talents that share a tier at 16

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

beejay posted:

Continuing the fine tradition of posting a screenshot with no obvious problems and insinuating there's problems.
Yea, is the problem supposed to be their team? I don't think you can blame the matchmaker when you queue as four with a weird and probably bad comp.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Mind over Matter posted:

Holy gently caress new Tyrande is so fun.

She's insane. I'm pretty sure she's going to need some nerfs.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Poultron posted:

I think perhaps I misunderestimated Tyrande's power

Her healing is actually pretty strong too, Kharazim was just doing most of the heavy lifting. I don't think she will be a strong solo support in competitive or anything but seems like she is very powerful now?
Yea. She still isn't a solo healer, although her healing is signficantly better now.
She still has the CC/vision/Damage amp that she always had, but now she has much better healing and damage - although yes she has a big skill cap since she is both a skillshot-heavy hero and an immobile autoattacker.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

BR0ME0 posted:

So, I just started playing during this last week or so, and I've hit player level 50... and then pretty much stopped getting any increase on my player level, only characters... is there some trick to continue gaining player level, or is it capped?
Your player level is a sum of your character levels

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Poultron posted:

Actually I feel like the matchmaker already considers her an Assassin. I've played many games where I do not pair with a support on the enemy team, or I get a second one on my team (and they still get one). I also saw an Auto-Select on my team get Malf with Tyrande.

Could just be a series of coincidences (it was all in QM) but... anecdotally...
Tyrande is in a special category that includes Tyrande, Abathur, Medivh, and Tassadar.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Olaf The Stout posted:

Did the Varian QM reclassification change go live yet?
I think so yea.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm not sure D.Va is actually tagged as a warrior under the matchmaking rules. I've been running into QM compositions that are Tank + D.Va vs Tank all day long.

D.VA is tagged as a bruiser, not a tank, like the other non-tank warriors e-g sonya.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

chumbler posted:

I think I read that someone found that nitrous was almost the same as the short cooldown talent in terms of total distance traveled or something along those lines. I might be mistaken, though.
Nitrous also actually gives you damage. Without it you just aren't threatening at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

These are all weird ways to say "Uncle Ringmaster Greymane is only 100 shards"