Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Had a Hanamura game where the payload spawned on the other side of the map. All of us but Genji weren't close to it. The Genji was doing whatever and could easily have hopped on over to get that payload moving

Can you guys what happened :v:

Good to see Genji players staying on brand though

edit: also there are so many people angry that Blizzard DECEIVED them because of the teaser images and then having the hero reveal be D.Va. :rolleyes:

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Apr 26, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Having so many new options for characters is great!! Sonya is great. I had so much fun with Anub'arak tonight :swoon: Probably gonna give Chen a spin next. Pretty excited to get D.Va when she comes out.

Hanamura, to me, seems 100% in the favor of whichever side is better at teamfights. The objectives matter and getting forts matters, but keeping them off the payloads is such a huge advantage. I've yet to see anyone bother with the boss yet, probably because he apparently hits so hard it's almost not worth it.

I don't understand why they use the term "forge" for getting things with shards. You aren't forging anything, you're buying them with currency!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Kai Tave posted:

We should do some Nexus games together when it's time for the new D.Va skin since most of the Overwatch chill thread seems more interested in hanjoing them out than actually playing, KaiTave#1146

I have four other IRL friends I play with :( someone help this poor soul get cop D.Va

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

m.hache posted:

So as a brand new player, are there "builds" that are the best for certain characters? or can you just build them situationally without completely gimping yourself.

I've been playing around with Support characters so far and I just want to make sure I'm not picking stupid talents.

I've been using the Icey Veins guides on the heroes and it's been working out pretty well for me. There might be other places that do it better idk. They have different builds depending on how you want your hero to work.

I've heard hotslog tossed around but that site wants you to turn off ad blocker to use it, similar to how Forbes operates and well. No.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Genji gets poo poo on by Anub, he died every single time he tried to ult me. Was great. Anub'arak more like Anub'arules

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

So if you do the tutorial again, you get a loot box, is that what I'm reading? I'm not seeing anything on the screen saying you get one. Or is it only the veteran one?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Zaodai posted:

I did the tutorial again last night and didn't get a box, so I don't know if it's true or not.

Just did the veteren introduction, got nothing. Why must people lie about sacred things like this

edit: NEVERMIND. I got it, they just don't tell you you got it for whatever stupid reason.

edit2: Since Genji is 750 gems, is it safe to assume D.Va will be as well? I have the 1000 right now and plan on getting her the day she comes out

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Lester Shy posted:

I want to finish the veteran introduction to see if I get a loot box, but I'm so bad at this game that I can't beat the 3rd part.

:negative:

The thing they want you to do is to just go back and forth between the two lanes and just kill the other team's hero. Ignore the little guys.

edit: unrelated, I really wish you could set up loadouts for random hero select. I don't ever want to ride the regular rear end horse or kodo ever. And I don't want my Anub'arak to end up with a regular skin over his cool yellow robot skin. Regular horse mounts are also scientifically proven to cause a team to lose. That's just the facts

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Apr 27, 2017

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

chumbler posted:

Probius doesn't have much in common with Zagara beyond plopping junk on the map and pushing lanes, but their skills are very different. It can be fun if you like the shock combo, but is hard to get results with and has some lame talents. It can push a lane like crazy if left alone, though.

I'd maybe say that in terms of play style it's more like Chromie with much shorter range, but nobody is really that similar to Probius.

Had a game on Hanamura yesterday with my friends where it was four of us in a group and got matched up with a Probius.

This Probius was loving incredible and easily got MVP. He was doing some WORK the whole match. We also easily won that game, and I put plenty of that on the Probius. I think in the right hands he's really good.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I would like to not play Towers of Doom for once please thank you

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

chumbler posted:

I see you are not a fan of Good Maps.

I actually love that map, it's just it's been almost exclusively that and some Hanamura thrown in the past several days

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I'm doing some AI to A) learn how several of these characters work and B) get some easy lootboxes from several heroes I have almost at the next level.

Man, the enemy AI is lazer focused on the objectives while the ally AI ignores the objectives as hard as they possibly can. The AI does not respond to pings by the way

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Got Lil' Ragnaros out of a regular loot box, Heroes 2.0 is good

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Zarya feels so much more at home in this game than in Overwatch

Also what is the... purpose of Murky? I like him a lot a character and his animations are cute and funny and I love how overall goofy he is. But he seems weak and is so easy to kill. How do you play him properly? Keep in mind I've only been playing HOTS for about a month so my view of what's weak is probably way off

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Apr 28, 2017

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

He rules in teamfights. Espeically when someone thinks they've found an escape and WOOPS you're back in the middle my team RIP

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

God drat I wish Blizz would loving ban these people

Look they already filter out "ggez" in overwatch what more do you want

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

What determines the rarity of a hero? Is it less "rare" the older they are?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Well I got this "play two games as a Diablo hero" quest and I have this Nazeebo guy sitting here at 1. I suppose I'll try this guy out and get a free lootbox in the process

Nazeebo... MY MAN :swoon:

edit: His character design sucks though

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I would like Junkrat and Reinhardt announcer packs, thanks for listening

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

ToastyPotato posted:

In HotS, nothing is ever fine the way it is according to all the patch notes I've seen from Blizzard.

That's every Blizzard game really. WoW is different every expansion

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Yo so why is the Betrayer Illidan skin not named something like Shado-Pan Illidan or something. Cause that skin's warglaives totally have panda faces on them, and the pants are clearly based on the Pandaren art style. Meanwhile the description is just "Free after ten thousand years, Illidan would sacrifice everything in order to defeat the Burning Legion, prove himself superior to Malfurion, and redeem himself in the eyes of Tyrande." Like uh you really don't want to even briefly talk about the panda faces on your warglaives my dude

edit: On the other hand I love that Lunara, Tyrande, Malfurion AND Illidan all have a skin where it's an alternate reality where Malfurion is the one who betrayed everyone, not Illidan.

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 23:32 on May 1, 2017

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Well what the heck!! Is there some actual backstroy about why his glaives had panda faces on them??

Also browsing through these skins, I can't believe how many of them have backstories attached to each other. Even Gazlowe and Sonya have a connection in one of their skins. Is there a list of these somewhere that shows which ones are all connected? There seems to be some super hero ones, and Gazlowe and Greymane both have circus ones for instance

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

This owns

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

So wait I'm confused, me and my friends are basically not gonna be available to play with each other for this coming week. Will we just totally miss out on the second part of the Overwatch HOTS event or can we do the second week stuff during the third week?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Oh man, me and two of my friends had a string of some pretty bad games with Lucios going after lanes by themselves and Novas just standing there shooting and never stealthing or anything. We did one final game for the night, and we all went our A-games. So I went back to my roots with my boy Gazlowe. And usually I take the graviton bomb talent but there was no one on the team to pair it with so my friends suggested I do the buzz saw arms one. MMM MMM MMMMMMM. That was some GOOD poo poo

:discourse:

Probably one of the best Gazlowe games I've had in a while. Also earlier in the night I had a game where I just kept getting WRECKED by this Valeera on another character. Like to the point where I'm pretty sure she was just focusing me everytime for whatever reason and I couldn't do anything about it. This game though, their Valeera couldn't do poo poo to me and it felt great buzzsawing her stupid face off repeatedly. Also it was Infnernal Shrines so there was just a constant barrage of turrets going at their team and they couldn't even touch the points.

Also it makes me want to always do the buzzsaw hands ult even though the graviton bomb is suggested way more cause man is that poo poo fun

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Gonna go to the local blacksmith and have them spend with currency me up a new sword

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Got one of those shogun skins for Artanis out of a regular loot chest hell yeah :toot:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Zaodai posted:

Can someone let me know what the rewards are for this weeks overwatch event tie in thingy and what the requirement to unlock them are?

I'm at work so I can't check the official source.

Some police hovercar things for Heroes and then the D.Va cop skin for Overwatch. You have to do 5 games in quickplay or I think AI? I don't remember but you have to be with a friend

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Is there an XP difference at all between AI and quick match? When I'm with my friends it's quick match all day long, but when it's just me I don't really touch quick play. But if the XP difference solo is a lot better I'll just suck it up and do quickplay. vs AI is (typically) more chill

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Is there a way to move the chat from not the loving exact center of the screen? Seriously why on earth is that where it's placed??

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I would want all of Gallywix's abilities to be money related. Or maybe work like Abuthur where he stays back commanding troops or something from his Pleasure Palace back near spawn.

Also I still want a swarm of Mantid. Give me the Paragons of the Klaxxi blizz

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Shadowlyger posted:

Again, I just don't think it's feasible to include all of them in a single character. I'd totally be up for Kil'ruk being in Heroes, though.

I dunno how it'd work, I'm sure Blizzard could think of something, but the Mantid really need to be in a swarm as one unit I think. You could single out one of the Klaxxi but I think just thematically you need to have them together.

That being said of course, there are nine of them. You can't realistically have a swarm of nine Mantid roaming around the map and have it work. I think you need to have like 4 or something and have the other fly in and take the place of fallen one maybe? Or have them fly in for an ult? I dunno. I just like the idea of a swarm of Mantid and I feel like they could figure something out to make that work. (just as long as they don't play like The Lost Vikings).

Of course at the end of the day I would absolutely just SETTLE for Kil'ruk cause I loving love the Mantid you guys and even a single one would be fine with me. Then I would also like a Klaxxi voice pack thank you

Semper Fudge posted:

You (Foolish; grasping at nostalgia): Buhhh, I want more Diablo 2 heroes.

Me (Wise and sagely): Khadgar

Khadgar rules and is better than literally every character in Diablo and Starcraft and most of WoW so this checks out.

He should really have an announcer pack where he does dad jokes and puns the whole match

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 16:17 on May 3, 2017

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Shadowlyger posted:

Hell, there's ten of them if you include Malik the Unscathed, and somehow I don't think it'd be reasonable to just drop nine additional bodies into a battle as an Ult. Not unless they were all really tiny, like Army of the Dead and Demonic Invasion, and I just don't think that'd do them justice.

Could maybe go for having like a Dread Wastes map, and the objective is the Paragons coming in to help your team? But then that loses out on having them be playable...

Yeah as cool a Dread Wastes map would be and I could think of a million different things you could do with it, I really want to play as the Mantid

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Maybe in higher levels Samuro isn't an issue for people, but where I am at somewhat new to the game, he's the worst thing in the loving world.

Just had the most miserable game I've ever played with Samuro on the other team and between him and the rest of his team comp we just couldn't do anything to them. I wanted to die in real life

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Got one of Gazlowe's clown skins in a box!! Watch out fools, the circus is coming to town :getin:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Also dive is a more fun ability even if it's not ideal. Going aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAH!!!! Then leaping into the air and slamming down on someone is great

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I don't want to play Braxxis Holdout anymore Blizz

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

thebardyspoon posted:

Did they delete the skeleton abathur skin? Had a look at his loadout today since I got him in the bundle I picked and was thinking about giving him a go and was "wait, Abathur just has the pyjamas and his old master skin? Could have sworn he had another one", was very confusing.

I looked that skin up, it's a halloween skin isn't it? It doesn't look like it shows you any holiday skins unless the holiday is happening. Unless you're saying you had the skin and it's not showing up now in which case :shrug:

edit: Although the valentines skins and mounts are in the game so I have no idea

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I loving love the talent that drops a bomb when you get stunned. I gets people every time. Also yeah the 20 talent that improves your 10 talent is a loving beast. Gazlowe can but out a loving shittone of damage if you build him right. Icey Veins doesn't really have a satisfying build though several of the suggestions are what I go with.

I always take the Turret Storage talent, three turrets is great especially when there's an objective cause you can make like a triangle around the perimeter in a second if you get there before the other team.

That build sounds like what I've started using isnce doing robo goblin more. A map like Infernal Shrines, that build will just dominate

Also I wish the Nightborne skin for Jaina gave her elf ears so it was like she was actually a Nightborne

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 21:36 on May 4, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Just did the Brawl, won, and then got this screen:

:confused:

It still counted as a game played for lootchest purposes but what