Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Think I might start playing again now that 2.0 is out. Need to figure out a nice, easy hero to play to dust the cobwebs off with, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Did they ever buff Chen in the last few months? He was always my favorite warrior but he never felt all that effective unless the enemy fell for the Taunt button :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Zivilyn Bane posted:

It's pretty funny to watch Chu8's stream tonight. He's one of the 'coaches' in the Tryhard for Good thing Blizzard is doing.

Funny as in hearing the raunchy/vulgar donation messages with SPONSORED BY BLIZZARD at the bottom of the screen. :v:

I wonder if any of the trainees are streaming HotS as they learn or whatever. I used to like watching Scarra back in the day :shobon:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Is Tyrael a tank or a bruiser or a bit of both? How do you talent him? I'm casting about for a Warrior to get good at in QM. Where is he good/weak?

I used to love him unconditionally long ago, then they took away Cast Aside :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Someone tell me how to Tyrael, I want him to be good again :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

1stGear posted:

Rerolled a regular Loot Chest, got two legendaries including Maraudin' Muradin. The system works.

I got the red version of that yesterday :hfive:

... unfortunately I'm really really bad at frontline tanks. I don't really know what to do in a fight, or how to start one.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

Johanna is a solid tank pick in an uncoordinated group because she can initiate while also being very difficult to kill on her own, so the rest of your team can completely abandon you and you'll still probably get out alive.

I remember not liking Johanna much, though. Besides, now I've got such a sick Muradin skin I kinda feel obligated to play him :v:

Are there any good guides out there to being a frontline tank, maybe something I can read while I'm at work here? I don't really have a clue on where to stand or what exactly to do, like when to go or when to play Mexican Standoff or whatever. (I kind of sort of have an okay idea of what to do with bruiser-y types like Rexxar or Leoric to a lesser degree, just not too sure on tanks.)

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Apr 27, 2017

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Gustav posted:

I have a little 1 over my Collections tab that's telling me I have a new Voice Line, but I don't have any new voice lines, none of the hero tabs have a number on them and there are no clips with a bright blue border to mouse over. I can't get rid of it and it's driving me insane.

Right click on Collection and you can mark all as seen.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Man Ghoulish Daniel is so much fun once you get better at landing Corruption. :allears:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

My god, a Zarya that takes Feel the Heat at 1 and is good with shields is loving terrifying. :stare:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

can't forget the sequel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iHNQzGt0RA

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I wish I had more excuses to take Rain of Destruction instead of Horrify in ranked :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

When do you all prefer Gul'dan's Q build over E? E just generally seems safer and more effective in the long run, long as you get it stacked up in a reasonable timeframe. Chat suggested the spell armor was as good a reason for Q build as any?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Being against a samuro who likes to hang out in lanes is just the best because it makes it super easy to stack quests quickly.

I watched chu8 get up to 50 stacks on the Azmodan quest in 2:30 because a Samuro was in lane, it was pretty funny.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Kai Tave posted:

Sieging Wrath triggers on heroes being hit with the dunk.

Yeah it was Sieging Wrath, I couldn't remember the name :shobon:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Froghammer posted:

So I knew Brightwing's Bribe would be good on Hanamura but had no idea how loving good Brightwing's Bribe would be on Hanamura.

What makes it so good? Mercs just seemed spectacularly pointless on that map to me.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Kai Tave posted:

They're a big chunk of XP and there are several merc camps comprised of a single mercenary unit that also gives you a one-shot healing item.

Mercs give significant XP now?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Well, poo poo. Does the game actually tell anyone that anywhere? Seems an odd thing to change up the rules like that.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Tried Gul'dan's Q build tonight. No sir I don't like it!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I ended up at platinum 4 and promoted to 3 after placements, and have been having a 90% good time in HL. I'm not sure what happened, but people are communicative in drafts, pings are reasonable/people seem to keep an eye on the map, in game chat is kept to the game and nontoxic.

It's loving weird.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

What sort of percentile ranges does each league represent, anyway? Is, say, Diamond 5 top 10% of players or what? Or is that completely unknown?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Poultron posted:

I ended up in plat 2 after not having played for a year. It's such a better experience than QM by far, but seeing as I haven't played for a year I'm back to the ol' grind because I need to learn some more stuff before I take it seriously I think.

I badly need to learn how to play melee assassins and tanks. Bruisers and ranged assassins--especially Zarya and Gul'dan--have carried the hell out of me to this point, but if I'm ever 'forced' to pick a tank or melee assassin I'm straight loving hosing my team.

At least I play an okayish Rehgar. Maybe I should level Li Li to 5 so I have another option, too.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Right now if I want to learn a less caster-y assassin do I want to learn Greymane or Valla? I feel like wading back into QM with at least one of them for a while tonight before I get back to ranked.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Lemon-Lime posted:

They're both good and play completely different, learn them both.

Also don't play QM.

e; for real, Greymane is squishy but he's real versatile and unless you've got a sustain healer against a burst team, I don't think there's a comp he doesn't fit in. He's got both solid AA and ability damage, two very good ults with one anti-squishy and one anti-tank, and the ability to play at range if he needs to harass safely or stand in close quarters if the team has the heals/protection to back it up. He's good.

Believe me I don't like QM anymore but if I want to practice a particular character it's hard to guarantee I can do that elsewise v:shobon:v

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Think I'm starting to come around on Gul'dan's Q build. The effective range seems quite a bit further than the ground indicator would tell you, I can be quite a lot safer than I first thought.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Well now I'm just confused. When IS Rain of Destruction worth taking over Horrify? What are these edge cases?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Lemon-Lime posted:

Never and there aren't any, is the point.

Now I'm right back where I started: wishing I could justify taking it. :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

The times I used it in QM and unranked while learning Gul'dan, I was always able to find somewhere far from the line or around a corner to use it effectively from. And it always seemed effective, for all the randomness of it!

My biggest problem is I know that if I pick it in a ranked game I'll immediately toxify at least one teammate into an assisted throw :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I am so bad at playing warriors in ranked! gently caress!!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Also double support seems to be re-entering the meta and now I kind of want to kill myself

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

They made azmo E build good so I'm here to stay

It is? Since when?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

MisterZimbu posted:

I opened a chest with a Murky in it, but I already had Murky and he got sharded :(

If you get a dupe Murky from a chest, you should be able to play as two Murkys (or however many Murkys you have opened from chests)

1m2s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHCLgdLoLEQ&t=62s

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I got the Abathur announcer in a loot box yesterday. Gonna be tough to decide between using him, E.T.C. and Gazlowe on the regular. :unsmith:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I wish I had a way to just randomly choose between ETC, Gazlowe, and Abathur announcers :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Hanamura is just such an unbelievably lovely unfun map, holy god.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I need another ranged assassin for my staple. How does Zul'jin rate right now?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Still makes me laugh that Hanamura is just as bad here as it is in OW

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Enemy drafts are letting me get away with picking Chen in HL and it's just the best :allears:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Lol isn't two Support the meta?

Shifting that direction seemingly, but it's still two warrior a lot of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I have decided since yesterday that I don't like Zul'jin much anymore and that Valla is Very Good

Wish I were better at melee assassins though, having only Valla and Gul'dan as my staples in HL is kinda limiting :(