Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Anub has always had really strong CC but he sucked for such a long time until they gave him really good spell shield. Nerf that and make him really squishy again, and he'll be back to being one of the worst warriors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I know I can put the wall down, I just choose not to lower it when I trap my team mates.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

bamhand posted:

I believe Tassadar Force Wall is the only one that cannot.

You should still be able to.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Stukov seems pretty great so far for team fight comps

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

beejay posted:

No I imagine that everything that happens in the game is the work of tiny magic dinosaurs. No one knows how they got there or why they do what they do.

its a bunch of t-rex developers with arms too short to reach the keyboard and HR is "too busy" to process their request for standing desks

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

BrianBoitano posted:

Wait did they stop Stukov's Lurking Arm from dealing damage to structures? I swear it used to...

I think some people still haven't figured this out. Just had an enemy stukov channel an entire lurking arm on our towers instead of attacking the minions...

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

GenericOverusedName posted:

I couldn't really get in to the rhythm. Every time I play Chen I feel like I am flailing around ineffectually and being a useless fat sack of poo poo. Not even one that's in the way, that's at least useful.

I think chen is entirely dependent on the skill of your team mates. It doesn't matter how good you are at soaking damage and bodyblocking, if your team sucks at following up then you can't do poo poo.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

veedubfreak posted:

So is Chen really as boring as he seems? He's free this week so I've been playing around with him. Seems like you just spam the same keys over and over.

Did you not pick the barrel ult?

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

So the new character is a mobile portal?

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Can't wait for yet another warcraft hero

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Now you can nanoboost lucio in hots, too

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

No thanks, I'm fine with hanzo never being in hots.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I would really love to see more starcraft and diablo heroes in general.

They recently released the necromancer last month so I was hoping for more diablo stuff. Baal and mephisto would be really cool. Or maybe the cow king.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Nova is just bad, period. She's not even a good troll hero. My favorite is that she now gets rewarded for laning with bribe stacks. That's loving awful.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I just really hate how bribe stacks encourage her to lane instead of constantly rotating looking for picks and providing vision. I'm confident people in this thread know how to properly play nova and when to situationally pick her.... but I don't trust anyone else who literally insta-lock her in HL.

Also this thread is worse than a last pick nova.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

SirSamVimes posted:

Don't you get significantly more bribe stacks from hero hunting than from laning?

Yeah but I'm going to guess that the average hero takedown for nova players outside of team fights is closer to zero nowadays. We've already mentioned how she seems much worse 1v1 now.

The reward from minions for staying behind is immediately present, and we shouldn't provide any incentive to nova players to play like that. They're one job is to kill people, just like all other stealthers. Except nova bad.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Why did they nerf chen, I don't understand

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

whens dreadlord jaina

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Leo is already a Star Princess, he's even got a princess scepter.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Olaf The Stout posted:

I love Jo but she's not in a great place right now, except if you need blinds. I'd recommend muradin over her, double thunderclap with healing per hero hit, avatar, ignore pain, third wind.... Muradin is nuts for absorbing damage and not caring at all.

Dehaka with adaptation is also rad when you pop it, eat a ton of damage, and burrow until you get your life back. He's a brick shithouse of regen if you can stagger out the damage a bit.

With stiches people generally build for slam, but if you're in QM and got a good healer or two, stiches tank build with extra healing received can be infuriating for the enemy team.

Jo is still really good, she just doesn't set up amazing plays like all the other tanks. Dehaka, anub, mura, arthas, etc are just much better because of the other stuff they bring to your comp. Varian is probably better all around than jo, since he literally is unkillable with parry, taunt, and armor talents.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

NeurosisHead posted:

I really want to learn Jaina but I'm not going to learn anything in clown fiesta QM. Any tips from the more experienced players here?

Jaina is my fav mage, but it's hard to say how to play/build her with the rework.

Ice block as a quest is really good and you should hopefully get it before 16, ice block used to be at 13 then moved to 20 so this is good.

She also gets blink back at 20, which can be really huge but it competes with her slow % increase now?

Full frostbolt at 1/4/7 is surprisingly good if you're going to rely on poking a ton, but I only do that sometimes... Otherwise she's a huge bursty mage that really shines when you have someone that can set up plays for you, like anyone with good cc. Know positioning and how to dodge skillshots, since you need to get in close for blizzard/cone of cold combo. Blizzard range/size talents should never really be taken, imo.

Otherwise just make huge plays with ring of frost.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Nah, if they're dumb enough to clump in tight spaces just punish them with ring of frost, or the better 16 talent and root them.

Blizzard range/size doesn't add much to what jaina already has or wants to be doing with the other options. It's only good for newbies too afraid to run in for their combo.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

ana owns. overwatch owns.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Playing garrosh and kt is really satisfying when you execute their combos really well. That's my opinion, thanks.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

BrianBoitano posted:

You: *mutes in-game music*
Me, an intellectual:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AS__55Uuai8

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

i'm watching these kelthuzad combos on HGC just delete everyone...

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Charles Bukowski posted:

How come Overwatch got free loot boxes and we didn't?

I paid money to play overwatch, loot boxes should be easier to get

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

AlmightyBob posted:

in my experience if I first pick lili or johanna the other team will pick valla and illidan

I just did this and I swear to god they picked valla right after.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

EdRush posted:

Some people take Stagedive at 10 and Death mosh on 20 to have "both" ults (sorta) on ETC

Blink on 20 gives mosh pit insane range, and gives you an extra escape, though.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

snapytrin isn't on my heroes list either

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Filthy Monkey posted:

Li-Ming - I won two of the six games it took to get her to five. Not great. I tried both her arcane orb and magic missile builds, and overall found magic missile to be more effective. Arcane orb definitely packs punch, but the precise range requirements seem to make it less reliable. Overall, I am not a big fan. Good damage, but super squishy, and she can't really clear a lane in timely fashion. She doesn't seem to have the same utility like stuns, slows, or fear that the other mages bring to the party.

She brings her resets to the party, which in the right composition is even more powerful than anything the other mages have.

Her range on orb and missiles means you can snipe buildings really easily and start putting on pressure that way. Like, you can take down a tower before the first objective. The range also helps with objectives like sniping the immortals. She lost her wave clear when they nerfed her teleport, but that's ok. Also, disintigrate is good but wave of force can get pretty insane value after level 20 with her resets, which is actually better utility than gul'dan's long timer on fear and also makes her much less squishy.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Filthy Monkey posted:

Man, I was about to ask this same question. I've had an awful winrate tonight, and one of the reasons has been my trying to get Tyrael to 5. I had some minor success comboing judgement with a friend Illaden's the hunt, but for the most part it has been getting rolled on. He seems reasonably tanky, but his damage hasn't been impressive any way I've built him, and he doesn't have any real peel.

He lacks cc but he can set up amazing plays in the right comp, like sanct is potentially one of the best ults in the game for heavy frontline/dive comps. Judgment is good too, but again you need to have a comp that can dive with you to follow up. I don't think you really pick him to do damage or peel, it's more like you're playing support to a good frontline like illidan/sonya/tracer with khara/uther and use his mobility to set up plays since an illidan will always out-dps you anyway. That makes him worse in poke comps since you have a harder time protecting the backline. If you need a tank to counter something like genji destroying your mage then pick someone with cc.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I miss when they didn't bother fixing brightwing's trait and it healed for twice as much as intended.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Kai Tave posted:

Never mind what I said, the Butcher on our team this game ended with 30 meat at level 20.

I'm stuck in lovely gold and I've had several butchers who don't even farm meat and think its overrated to get 200. What the gently caress.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

I take shield at 13 if they have a dive hero and expect to take damage. I think a good ring of frost is just way too powerful compared to water elemental.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Shibawanko posted:

I'm the world's worst Tyrande player. I don't get what I'm supposed to do with her, by which I mean, I get that she can scout and support, but especially in QM this feels kinda underpowered. Her attacks seem pretty ineffective, as do her heals. What kind of strategy am I supposed to use with her?

I'm asking because the game seems to be pushing Tyrande onto me like crazy, I just got 3 epic skins in a row and it keeps telling me to level her some more...

She's 'support' in that she has one of the best stuns in the game and combos really well with certain heroes. Practice it so you don't miss any of them.

Hots has kinda moved away from stun meta, but it's still pretty good.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Kurieg posted:

I love playing Colossus Smash Varian, if i find you on your own, you're dead. If I find you with a friend, you're also probably dead. I had 22 of my team's 33 KBs in a match earlier.

The same is true with taunt varian, and you get the added benefit of having one of the best stuns to peel for your team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Kurieg posted:

True, but
1) Doesn't really matter in vs AI
2) The "Huargh!" is vital to my enjoyment of the game.

Yeah that's true. There's nothing more satisfying than colossus smash and leap.