Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I've got no need for a gear indicator at all, but the idea of getting all elitist at someone for making one or even just wanting one is beyond old man yelling at cloud.

They seem pretty pointless to me. Putting aside the fact that it really isn't hard to tell what gear you're in by RPM/butt dyno, what value is there in knowing precisely what gear you're in? Don't get me wrong, a factory sixth gear indicator like harleys have is pretty handy to stop phantom 7th hunting; if it can display the other gears that's a free bonus I guess. I just can't imagine going out of my way to put one on a bike that hasn't got one.

But I understand some people have a need to cover their bikes in needless crap. Different strokes etc. I want a bike made out of as few parts as possible, some people want a three page list of dumb features and I respect that. Also they give me money to fit those dumb features which, btw, are almost always horrible garbage regardless of how much they cost.

In other words:

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Gear indicators are good and all bikes should have them but those electronic aftermarket ones that run on RPM/speed sensors and aren't built into the gearbox are just the worst plebeian ghetto thing. Sad.

You'd have to be an absolute muppet to not want a neutral light though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Confirms what I've always suspected - farkled ADV riders have a higher incidence of erectile dysfunction than HD riders.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jazzzzz posted:

nothing massages your prostate like a 60deg American V-twin

45deg :colbert:

60 degrees are for rotaxes and hyosungs.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I'd be interested to see a breakdown of cylinder configuration vs age and gender. Is a thumper an ovary massager? Is a V4 a kidney stone dissolver?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

It's redundant, nobody has ever wanted to have sex with someone who owns a P twin.

As you're the former owner of literally the most exciting p2 ever made, and a middle aged man, I consider you the authority on both of these matters.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Both garbage, here he is riding a real bike:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXyVp7iw10Q

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

He seems bitter but I'm unclear on what about. Women wearing bras sometimes but also not wearing bras sometimes?

I'll bet anything that the explanation involves 'PC gone mad' and/or biotruths poo poo.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

We got an ideas guy around here?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

How do you know how a reserve tap works but not know how it works at the same time?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Are the places he's talking about actually real? I always thought they were just Instagram set pieces and those hipster muppets have actual normal shops to work in when they aren't posing for the internet.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Oh boy I can’t wait for the boomers on advrider to weigh in on what makes a woman attractive.

What kind of stove she's using.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I couldn't make it past the second one, you've got iron guts sifting through that vomit.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

My bike is just a giant steel and alloy penis hand crafted with my own two hands (mostly the right), lovingly lubed and stroked far more often than those squares at Suzuki think is appropriate.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

right arm posted:

at least they don't molest children :greenangel:

There's enough KLR owners there that it's statistically certain they do.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Nice f800, weird decals though where you get those?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

I'm fairly sure that when you buy a new Harley you get an actual little certificate of validation that says "this is an official hog made by the Harley Davidson motor company" lol

This is 100% true and I believe it's called a certificate of authenticity.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Ripoff posted:

If you own a Ducati, you can send the vin to Italy and get your official Ducati Owner’s Card. I flashed that bitch at bars and got to the front of the line. :c00l:

Then I was promptly laughed at and kicked out for being poor because it was a used Monster.

Cutting it out of the head stock must be such a oval office, typical Italians :rolleyes:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

today i followed a guy on a harley wearing a t-shirt that said

IF YOU DON'T LIKE
THIS FLAG

I'LL HELP YOU PACK

Maybe he's got a moving company that helps people move to Canada?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Beware of the woman rider in the middle of the group that she shall not take fright as you pass her. Do not explode the exhaust box at her. Go smoothingly by.

Women in traffic: functionally identical to horses.

Mechanical horses you ride in traffic: metaphorically identical to women.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

:psyboom:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Kastivich posted:

The smugness of people that have "discovered" darksiding is just unbelievable. You'd think they found the secret to eternal youth.

How do you discover that you're a poo poo rider and feel smug about it??

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

*engaging psychic geometry calculator*

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

televiper posted:

f800gs vs f650gs

yes very helpful thank you

Swingin my dick straight into the mulcher rn.

E: also lol at the idea of a P2 BMW nerdventure being 'dick swinging' by any measure.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Aren't the various late model f-bikes just different tunes on the exact same capacity engine so the 'cc' numbers are bullshit anyway?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

loving hell that's miserable.

Jazzzzz posted:

Until this latest model year, I believe. The 2019 f850 actually has 853cc of displacement, and they switched to a 270 degree firing order and added another counterbalancer.

*fits 270 crank, test rides bike*

WHOA gently caress that's way too interesting better balance that poo poo out some more

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

They're loving rad, it's one power stroke per revolution!*

*: 2 strokes only

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Hopefully they all get coronavirus from all the sexpest tourism they do.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Communist Walrus posted:

"Why don't I see any black riders?" asks man who lives in a 95% white town

I wonder what that guy would think of the sikh dude I saw riding a small enduro of some kind like an absolute madman today. I can say my feelings on helmet laws have become decidedly mixed, if only so I get to ride around with something dramatic on my head instead of a helmet, like a tophat maybe.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

builds character posted:

no way.

e: I mean, I guess there are dumber things on the internet but just why?

They're middle aged men who buy bikes for willy waving reasons first and foremost. Everything flows from there.

It's not like they got a bike, went to the pub THEN got horny.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

By the time you've peeled the schuberth modular off your toupe and flopped your sweaty mass out of the 'stitch, it's too late to calculate why the 19yo model you were expecting is now CSB, straddling your KLR tickling the fuel tap so you run.

Bike never gets reported stolen, easy.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Why don't we have a jo momma section?

Not enough Joes on the forum?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Oooooh I see, it's J.O. Momma(s)

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I'm hosed if I'm reading all that

Lee

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Those are some cool bikes coydog do u have any experience rewinding a stator on an rd250?? I guess I 'rode her hard and put her away wet' one too many times haha

BAN 1080 IF IT'S TO LOUD YOUR TO OLD

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

"I LOOOVE royal enfields, what's your number?" - a phrase no woman has ever uttered in the history of earth

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Coydog posted:

Why do they all TYPE like that with big BLOCKS of barely intelligible gibberish and use words like "trounce" (you know the word like bounce but tr like trounce). Just a question!

Boomer lead poisoning.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

They're all trying to sound like jack burton.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Strife posted:

When I was in highschool an instructor went on a tangent once about how you don't ride a bicycle, you drive it, because riding is a passive activity and driving implies control.

My 1920 edition of practical motorcycling calls it driving for this exact reason, the author is presumably very dead now but he'd fit right in on both forums I think.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Coydog posted:

So when I'm out "driving" Sharon, and I give her The Throttle to ACCELERATE out of Danger, and she responds to my every thought as my thighs grip her svelte lines, that's not Riding. Sure.

You guys sound like my (ex)Wife.... lol ;)

Thanks, I've got reading cancer now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Bring back the good old days, none of this computer bullshit, just carbs and points and infant mortality.