Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cool Buff Man posted:

Lazy Peon was the guy too stupid to handle FF14 so he bought the skip potions and then wondered why the game felt confusing and detached

He's not very smart and it's very ok to make fun of him

The Lazy Peon. Also his videos are cool and good.

I don’t think AoC is a scam but I’m a loving moron because I’m the guy who started the Landmark OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There’s no way it’s going to be completely unique content for each node. To some degree it will have to be procedural based on some database or table. Like maybe they are creating dungeons, bosses, etc with parts 1-15 so a dungeon in a forest node might be programmed to have Forest theme, layout 7, boss mechanics 3, loot table 4 but there’s no way they are designing unique content for each node. How many nodes are there?

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The best thing about an mmo is being excited for it, maybe even a little defensive, and then when it bombs pretending like you knew it was going to all along.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I hate Gear Score. It used to be that your reputation followed you around. Oh hey, invite Soandso, they can tank like a beast. I remember fondly from EQ not inviting certain people in my level range to group because they sucked, and others because they were good and chill, but we had no gear score or DPS charts.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Free Realms had the coolest player housing. I miss that game that was admittedly marketed to 12 year olds.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
^^not directed at you SweetBro

Welcome to MMO HMO. You may be new here. Most MMOs in “development” now will never release. This game will release, so we are talking about it in the sub forum about MMOs. Hth

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I can’t seem to log in on their website. In fact, the buttons and fields on the log in page aren’t reacting to input at all.

e: I think it is just iOS fuckery

LuckyCat fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jul 9, 2021

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is the sole biome in the game snowy mountains as is showcased in that video? :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I imagine they’d have an incentive to release something if they weren’t making so much money on prerelease mounts and packs. Maybe when that business slows (if ever) they can release their game, but as we’ve seen with Star Citizen I don’t have any hope for a pre-2025 release.