Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Ffycchi posted:

I've been with the game since Kickstarter. My 475 package included a lifetime subscription.

Yeah, we know he ran a mlm. I was actually SUPER skeptical. I knew about the game before ks, before any announcements, and I called bullshit on it very early on....once I saw the KS and did some background research in the people involved and otherwise I went for it.

fact is....it's already better than crowfall with less development time.

Yeah,1 we know he's a shite gamer(I personally camped him on archeage)

Yes lol 500bux to get into alpha. If that's all you consider it.

That being said...I would not pay 500 for a year sub+ the rest.

Lifetime was worth it, a year...eh. na.

If it sucks at launch, it's only 500. No sub, nothibg to worry about. I can treat it like gw2 and randomly come back enjoy a week or two and then piss off.

Wait he literally ran a MLM? Lmao and you people gave him $500? bwmt here this one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime
It’d be cool if the people spending 1000 a week on ffxiv or whatever instead donated it that’d rule

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Gay Rumsfeld posted:

I have no problem with people teasing me or others about dropping a lot of money on video game cosmetics - I know it's funny and I know it's pretty much lighting the money on fire. But some idiot going "wow sure would be nice if you gave that money to charity instead" is pretty loving asinine and quite a different situation.

I usually give more money to charity each year than I spend on myself in that same year. I don't ever brag or ask for special recognition from anyone about it, but loving lol if someone is going try to tell me I shouldn't spend money on myself the way I want to.

It wasn’t in response to you bud i was directly responding to the ffxiv thing

But I’m glad you feel good about donating money

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

PyRosflam posted:

The guys who made DDO talked about how hard it was to get the Netcode right. Things that work in a normal videogame stop working in MMOs for all kinds of reasons. Player Dodge for example has a lookback feature because from the players point of view they dodged the attack, from the server POV the attack connected. Assuming you want dodge to work at all you need the damage code to wait for a few CPU cycles to see if any player actions client side change the outcome.

Yeah they never figured that out. The net code in all the turbine mmos is kind of awful but it was the worst in ac2 and ddo

Tabletops
Jan 27, 2014

anime

Ehud posted:

My understanding is the AoC guy was in an MLM when he was 18 selling this stuff called Xango. My mom was in that same MLM (and every other MLM lol). It was basically all about selling fruit juice and signing up others to sell fruit juice. They had some dumb story about how it was made from berries that some tribe used to eat to make them swole and healthy or some nonsense.

He made some of his money early on doing that, but most of his money was made in stocks and real estate.

Anyways, I think this game will definitely launch and it might be kind of cool, but probably not because there hasn’t been a good MMO since EverQuest which also wasn’t a good MMO.

Wait is the mlm controversy really over him buying into an mlm when he was a kid?