Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I hate every running back this year except David Johnson and LeVeon Bell and I guess Lesean McCoy?

What do other people think of the position this year?

I have no idea who to even touch, which backfields are radioactive, which rookies might be good. Why are people drafting Christian McCaffery? Like in the NFL, not just in Fantasy.

I just don't understand anything this year when it comes to RBs and I've got no confidence drafting them this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Is anyone interested in doing the All IDP League again this year? The old thread is archived and I don't remember who ran it last year but poo poo was mad fun and I know I'd be pumped to do it again.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Leperflesh posted:

Yes, that's our league.

If you had AB and he was too expensive, one option would be to drop him during the regular season: he'd then go on FAAB, and you could bid on him along with the rest of the league. You would have to keep him within your cap space until then, though, unless you had the foresight to drop him before the last FAAB of the season the season (which also means you're not competing for a championship...).

Alternatively, you could trade him to an owner willing to deal with his really high salary. That would be the only way to guarantee value for him... but in theory eventually his salary should be too high for every owner, and at that point you're back to dropping him.

However, you've probably identified a legit issue. We came up with those draft values kind of out of our asses and we're now entering the third year and might adjust them. Last year, there were no high-value free agents that got dropped; this year there might be, but we haven't unlocked yet so I dunno.

You could definitely do an auction draft instead of snake. The main reason we do snake is to give teams "draft picks" they can trade, but that's not necessarily a really great reason. So far we've only ever had a single draft pick get traded.

This is a good question since I am the owner of several high priced guys in that league including AB84 and I have no idea how I'm gonna handle them and my impeding Saints-esque cap hell.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Hey everybody I am going to be running Year 4 of the All IDP League that some of us have been doing. I've created a thread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3829406

Please stop by if you want to do some crazy next level fantasy football. IDP is a ton of fun.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
New page so I'm gonna repost this:

I'm looking for players for an all IDP league: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3829406

We've got 5 people so far and I have three IRL friends to take up slots if we need it. This will be the fourth year for this league (in concept) and it's been a lot of fun. I am hoping for at least 12 folks like last year, but 14 would be ideal.

Who doesn't love defense? Great players can have great games even if the team ends up giving up points, and this format lets you enjoy that!

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
One last time I'm looking to see if anyone else wants to join our all IDP player league, thread here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3829406

We currently have 9 goons and I have some IRL friends who can put us up to 12 as is, but I'm giving slots to goons first and I'm willing to go 14 teams.

Right now we're considering some scoring changes to emphasize big plays and changing the roster slightly as ESPN added a new position called Edge Rusher, really an additional tag on most DE's and 3-4 LBs. So take a look, see if you'd like to have some fun with only defensive players.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
This year my league expanded to 12 teams and I am not super sure about my draft, I had the 10th pick. We're .5 ppr but otherwise a pretty standard league.

Please rate my draft:

1. Jordy Nelson
2. DeMarco Murray
3. Aaron Rodgers
4. Spencer Ware
5. Emmanuel Sanders
6. Derrick Henry
7. Jeremy Maclin
8. Kareem Hunt
9. Corey Coleman
10. Thomas Rawls
11. Kenny Golladay
12. Jamaal Charles
13. Charles Sims
14. Buccaneers DST
15. Allen Hurns
16. Nick Folk

Also I will probably drop Allen Hurns for a TE since I forgot to draft one, unless someone else is more droppable?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Ben Nevis posted:

Agreed on Hurns.

I'm not loving that draft. That's a lot of early picks on handcuffs.

I've definitely felt really lost this year, and I really did not like my draft position of 10 out of 12. For pretty much every pick I felt like I was forced to reach or go with a guy I don't trust.

My biggest regret is Spencer Ware, I immediately regretted not going for another WR with that pick.

I try to justify Henry and Hunt with the thought that they're not exactly handcuffs so much as the guys who will probably(hopefully) win the bell cow position by the end of the season, but they could drag out the competition all season and then I'm in a lovely position.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Forever_Peace posted:

I'm so torn. On the one hand, I liked writing those trade targets and waiver wire recommendations last year. On the other hand, I am literally only in goon leagues now, and enjoy money.

Please do the recommendation posts they are such a huge help to me and I went 1-3 this week so I need it.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Someone tell me why Demarco Murray is doing nothing for me. Is Henry getting all the carries? What's the deal?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Butter Hole posted:

What TE do you guys like to replace Olsen in standard?

ASJ
Evan Engram
Ben Watson

Leaning Engram since he was pretty heavily featured last night, but a lot of fantasy nerds are creaming themselves over ASJ (again! Will they be right this time?)

ASJ's problems have been injury or off the field, when he's actually played and been healthy he's mad good. And who else are the Jets gonna throw to?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Tyree posted:

Is something wrong with desean jackson? He was one of the drops during this weeks waiver pick ups. I would certainly pick him up and drop kizer, but I have the #1 waiver spot and I don't know if I want to use it here.

0PPR 12 man regular league, heres my team.

DJax is and always has been a boom or bust guy. He was able to get open deep a few times last week but Jameis couldn't always connect with him. There will be games where they do connect and he'll go off but good luck predicting them. He's still fast and Mike Evans is drawing coverage so I think DJaxs total numbers will be pretty good by the end of the year but it's hard to predict on a per game basis.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Who would you drop for a kicker in .5 PPR:

Kenny Golladay
Thomas Rawls
Matt Breida
Samaje Perine

Leaning Perine or Breida.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

89 posted:

Suggs was my waiver insurance for 2 of those guys. Kwon was listed as suiting up on Yahoo and on the internet. Then it took a 180 degree turn a few hours later. You can look it up on Yahoo!'s fantasy app.

Traded Cohen for McKinney

Watch McKinney be a gametime decision over explosive diaherrea.

Kwon hasn't practiced at all this week so you should have seen that coming honestly.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

VietCampo posted:

IDP dudes, is Burfict any good fantasy wise? First year in a while with IDP team.

I have Keuchly + Wagner at D, with Landon Collins at DB. Been satisfied with Keuchly and Wagner so far. Dropping Sproles for someone and not sure if i should grab him.

He's a monster in pretty much all senses of the word. Prolly a top 10 IDP pick without the suspension.

To the guy asking about Kwon or Shazier they are both extremely good but Kwons hamstring is the issue. Those can linger. When he comes back he's gonna feast especially since Lavonte David will be out a while but I don't know if you'd want to take up the bench slot with him. Can you start both when he is healthy? Even if not I don't like the idea of anyone else having either of those guys if I can afford to keep both.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

on the bored wop posted:

What would you say is typical IDP scoring? My league added a single IDP spot this year as an experiment and may expand it next year but IDP scoring systems I found seemed pretty varied so I just went with what felt right.

The All IDP league started out with rules based on this article: https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/the-pff-idp-scoring-system-revisited

This year we've adjusted the rules to be more big play oriented, giving higher points to sacks and interceptions. I think the scoring is working out but it's still early and I haven't heard anything from the other teams yet either way.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

VietCampo posted:

Would you start him over either of Keuchly or Wagner?

Depending on matchup I might. It's hard to make that decision without knowing how he's gonna slot back into the defense post suspension. Kuechly could get another concussion and miss the rest of the season so there's that "injury risk."

That's a poo poo answer but pretty much if there's garbage on offense on your waiver I'd probably do it. You really don't need to though if there's a lotto ticket you'd rather have.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Benne posted:

Alex Collins is poo poo

Source: Someone who's watched Alex Collins for more than one game

How much of that was him and how much was it your atrocious o-line? Not being argumentative, I'm genuinely asking. Cause I hope he actually can do well cause I liked his college highlights. He's fun to watch run like Marshawn or Chris Ivory.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Benne posted:

:rip: Chris Carson this is all my fault I'm sorry guys

Soooo... Rawls back on the menu?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

DariusLikewise posted:

Anyone do IDPs? I was going to start Emmanuel Ogbah this week at DE, but Myles Garrett sounds like he'll start this week, would he be a better start?

Theoretically Garrett being back will help Ogbah as he might get more one on one matchups. The IDP Guru (http://www.idpguru.com/) certainly thinks so.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

dkj posted:

What the hell is wrong with Demarco Murray?

I would bet that Mariota being out and replaced by some awful white scrub at QB means the defense is selling out against the run. Hope Mariota is back soon.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Rip Rodgers and my team maybe? In .5 PPR I have

QB: Aaron Rodgers
RB: Kareem Hunt, DeMarco Murray, Derrick Henry, Alex Collins, Thomas Rawls, Buck Allen
WR: Jordy Nelson, Jeremy Maclin, Emmanuel Sanders, Will Fuller, Kenny Golladay
TE: Cameron Brate, Austin Seferian-Jenkins

I actually squeaked out a win this past week which is cool but I now have the 11th waiver priority.

The best Waiver QBs seem to be Carson Palmer, Jared Goff, Josh McCown, Tyrod Taylor and Trevor Siemian. What order do I go after them or do I try to trade for a QB?

There's an owner with both Marcus Mariota and Dak Prescott and another owner with Alex Smith and Russell Wilson. Both are 3-3 and have okay teams. Or I can probably trade ASJ to the Jets homer for Jacoby Brisset maybe. His regular starter is Kirk Cousins.

This is a rough week beyond QB for me as my only WRs who might play are Nelson and Maclin and there's a chance Maclin is still hurt.

I am just not sure at all what to do.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

RisqueBarber posted:

Goff -> Tyrod -> Palmer.

Mariota guy won't trade. Mariota has Cleveland(easy matchup) this week and a bye next week. He needs Dak. Don't trade for Brisset with Luck coming back.

Do we honestly think he's coming back?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I dropped Winston because I'm positive his throwing shoulder is going to be hosed for weeks

He's gonna try to play through it, make it worse and then the Fitzpatrick cycle begins in earnest. Pray for me and my fellow Bucs fans.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Picked up Goff last week after Rodgers got hurt but he’s on bye this week. Do I hold him through the bye or just drop him?

I have to pick someone up this week to start and Big Ben was dropped. Do we trust Ben to get better going forward? Other options are McCown, Siemian and Keenum.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

the_american_dream posted:

Keenum has the Browns this week but eh Id probably go Ben. He always has AB to bail him out of a true garbage game

Ben goes on Bye next week, do I drop Goff for him or keep Goff for the Bye sub in? The Rams do play the Giants that week.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

DariusLikewise posted:

Ah okay that makes a lot of sense, our scoring is this for comparison. I want to add points for TFL next year though.

Tackle Solo 1
Tackle Assist 0.5
Sack 3
Interception 4
Fumble Force 2
Fumble Recovery 2
Defensive Touchdown 6
Safety 3
Pass Defended 1
Block Kick 3
Tackles for Loss 0
Turnover Return Yards 0
Extra Point Returned 2

TFL's should definitely be scored, blowing up a play behind the line should be rewarded.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Who would you rather have going forward Goff or Big Ben? Or keep both and switch based on who they're playing?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Why the gently caress does Andy Reid not want to use Hunt anymore? Is he bad now? Is Andy Reid just Dumb?

E: According to ESPN the Bills have given up the second most points to RBs and Hunt only got like 3 points. What the gently caress??

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I'm up a little more than 3 pts with just Woodhead to go and my opponent is done. I am contemplating sitting him and leaving the slot empty even though it's extremely unlikely that he will fumble twice and then do nothing. Is that unsporting? Or otherwise lame? Win and I'm in the playoffs situation here.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
I was more afraid of the Ravens D than I was the Eagles D and so I played Goff over Big Ben. :downs:

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

the_american_dream posted:

What site is good for idp? Fantasypros just has roughly the same top 10 every position all year and i had no idea who desmond king was and he's been amazing

The IDP Guru is awesome, check out his site and twitter feed.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

RCarr posted:

No one can afford any player for $80 of their salary cap, but everyone can afford them for $80 of their FAAB. There's a huge difference. It would be stupid not to spend $80 of your FAAB on a guy like LeVeon Bell, David Johnson, Antonio Brown, etc. I would do it every year without question. A (nearly) guaranteed top 10 player for the whole season is more than you can ever ask to spend your FAAB on.

This post makes no sense. What we bid becomes their salary for the year. Are there systems where that doesn't happen?

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Leperflesh posted:

Evans was super disappointing this year and there's no sign that Tampa Bay is gonna get a better quarterback so you are selling low on him with a higher salary than he deserves. You need to find someone desperate for a WR3 and pretty much take any offer you can get.

Evans had 4 games of Ryan Fitzpatrick and another 4 where Winston was playing through an injury to his throwing shoulder. And Evans still finished the season with over 1,000 yards. Big Mike is gonna bounce back.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
Bucs fan so I'm obviously biased, but y'all are triggering me with the massive disrespect for Mike Evans. "Disappointing season" still ended with 1K yards, and he had an injured Winston or Fitzpatrick throwing to him for 10 games.

Dude has amazing body control and catch radius, and he's fast for a man his size.

Mike Evans is a top 5 receiver in the NFL and I will hear nothing against him. :colbert:

Now the Bucs as a whole and Winston's consistency is a whole other story...

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Leperflesh posted:

This is the person in your league you wanna trade Evans to for some good value pieces.

Point to the lie and also I'd tell you to make me an offer in our dynasty league but I already have two of the only receivers I'd keep over Big Mike and no cap space as it is.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

IcePhoenix posted:

This is very relevant in Fantasy. When I say I want nothing to do with him, it's taking into account where he's being drafted. If he falls to me well past his ADP, well yes obviously I will draft him. But I'm not drafting him in the second (or maybe even third) round when there are plenty of more consistent/reliable options available to me that are going to get close to his production.

I am also not using over 20% of my cap on him in a dynasty league, period, which is the situation that spawned all of this.

Receivers I’d take over Evans: Julio Jones, AB84, Hopkins, maybe AJ Green, Jordy Nelson and OBJ. Who else do you take? There’s probably enough RBs that are worth a first this year that Evans is probably a second round pick but I don’t see him lasting to the third in most leagues. I am probably forgetting some guys since we’re so far out from the season but I don’t know which other receivers are that good and consistent. Keenan Allen when he doesn’t have a freak injury? Were there any oustanding rookies last year that I’m forgetting?

I’m bullish on the Bucs because I have to be or I will cry, but it’s a fact that when he was healthy this year Winston was playing his statistically best football. He just was only healthy for 6 games. Our running game will hopefully improve now that the Doug Martin experiment is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

I flat out think Evans is the better receiver but Rodgers to Jordy can be pretty sweet. Hence the maybe. If both are on the board I’m taking Evans but I can see people taking Jordy. Personally I think this is an argument to why Evans is good as he still put up numbers in his rookie year when Mike Glennon and Josh McCown were throwing to him. Rodgers gets hurt and Jordy turns to poo poo.

• Locked thread