Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Good thread title

Spoeank posted:

DON'T 👏 DRAFT 👏 TIGHT 👏 ENDS 👏

Add to advice post tia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

ESPN's mobile app is 1500x better than ESPN's web client which is utter garbage and actually somehow worse than Yahoo (who is also crap but both are better than CBS)

Everything is poo, we all die, our decisions don't matter. Unless we choose CBS then we have, indeed, hosed up.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Apr 30, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

*all of your teams disappear off the dashboard once every two weeks*

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

drizzle posted:

Sure

Elliott
Treadwell
Coleman
Dixon
Henry
Goff
Thomas
Shepard
Doctson
Carroo

Treadwell #2 rookie, don't trust a word this guy says he's clearly a moron who couldn't find his own rear end in a top hat squatting over a mirror

Forever_Peace posted:

- Jamaal Charles signed with the Broncos for no guaranteed money ($1mil base, $2.5mil incentives) and will miss most of the offseason activities (he'll be fighting for a roster spot).

avast ye charles truthers look upon this and despair

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 13:27 on May 3, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Sataere posted:

Interesting. That is very different from a lot of the projections I saw. I can't fault him too much. He liked Treadwell as much as I did.

Treadwell is another in a long line of lovely Vikings WRs who can't run routes or catch passes. And also the Vikings are bad. This team has never once in its existence known how to evaluate WR talent and the two best WRs in their history they got for pennies on the dollar specifically because no one else wanted them.

Treadwell is going to be like a better Mike Williams, his ceiling is like fuckin Braylon Edwards. Don't loving trust this team and their lovely QBs that wouldn't make Treadwell worth anything anyway

e: before anyone tries to pull some "but teddy.." poo poo, he was going to be like the next Jeff Garcia, Treadwell was not worth owning by anyone but the most WR hungry dynasty owners

e2: This is a team that threw away a 1st round pick so that they can miss the playoffs while Sam loving Bradford was throwing passes to the feet of Adam loving Thelein. I wouldn't trust the Minnesota Vikings to find the holes on a bowling ball, let anyone competently manage a football team or evaluate talent

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 13:42 on May 3, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

If my TE posts weren't enough indication, hate sustains me

Sataere posted:

To be fair, that was the list going into dynasty draft last year. A lot of people, myself included, liked Treadwell. Of course, I'm an idiot, so maybe you are right.

I thought that was just straight up rookie rankings for players in 2016, so then I'll admittedly dial back that vitriol from 11 to like 8.5

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So I guess the Jets and Bears are pretty good teams to stream defenses against (and avoid taking players from). Who else?

Probably the Vikings if the teams playing those guys aren't available. I'm anticipating a lot of unders for their games this year

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

e. They're still counting the ensuing PAT, lol yes it's the D/ST's fault if that PAT is made.

That's pretty standard and understandable imo, still took way too long for them to put this in. D/ST is for lightweights though IDP or bust so v:shobon:v

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Ben Nevis posted:

I have to wonder a bit if Erotic Smashmouth will keep Mariota's counting stats low despite better rates. I'm not sure I'd expect much change this year, just because I don't think rookie WRs are going to change it all in year 1.

This is kinda where I am. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Mariota is a legit QB1 who can win you a league with a good draft, but I would be really surprised if he ends up higher than like QB7 unless he does some crazy Cam stuff on the ground. The per attempt numbers will definitely be there, but I'm not so sure about the counting stats

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

If his ADP is low enough, Mariota can be this year's Carr insofar as he'll be by far the best 100+ ADP QB in the pool and if you take him late that could be a league winner

If he's going in the 8-9th or later, I'll definitely be targeting him and another guy (probably Tannehill because lol I can't quit you) and then hope he blows up.

I could see the hype train building up steam though, and if he's going in the top 75 picks, I'm gonna be a hard pass probably

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 01:32 on May 9, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

free josh gordon

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Go to football outsiders, find defensive snap count, draft every 3 down LB, profit

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

*cracks knuckles*

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Yeah I'd say he's one of the better WR8s in fantasy

e:

https://twitter.com/Ryan_Boser/status/866714823467216896

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 22:06 on May 22, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

I can't wait to get burned by Keenan Allen 3 years in a row because I'm a goddamn idiot

:same:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Cervixalot posted:

Zeus, that's who. Kelce gonna eat

did the chiefs sign kaepernick or

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Spoeank posted:

Lmao have you literally never seen alex smith play he buffs all tes around him

Kelce streaking down an open seam

Alex Smith stares at him longingly

Arm cocked back ready to let fly

Checks down to RB

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

MrSargent posted:

Kelce was the #1 TE in half-ppr last year so this is dumb and wrong.

The most notoriously fickle, shallow, and hardest to predict position has it's lowest scoring #1 overall player since 2010 by at least 2 PPG in full ppr and people are gonna draft him in the 3rd round while Alex Smith throws him the ball and I'm the one who is wrong

Kyle Rudolph was TE2 last year. MAYBE IT'S FINALLY TIME or maybe The Worst Position was actually some how worse last year so being the best at it actually really doesn't mean anything don't draft tight ends

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jun 3, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

MrSargent posted:

Pretty sure I didn't say a drat thing about drafting Kelce in the 3rd. Just that your description of how he is utilized in the offense is not correct at all. He had 1125 yards last year and that was DOUBLE what the #2 had.

He could've had 1600 if Alex Smith didn't blow at throwing the ball over 20 feet and no matter what anyone wants to believe or how we want to extrapolate stats and targets, his QB will always cap his ceiling

Kelce is probably the best TE in the league to be honest and he had the worst TE1 season in almost a decade.

e: by all rights, Kelce should actually be joining Gronk, and formerly Graham, in that "only TE actually worth drafting before the 3rd to last round" camp and he will literally never be until he has a QB that isn't afraid to throw a seam route

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jun 3, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

As a fan of athletic achievement, I loving love Travis Kelce. I would love if he were in a situation that truly could make him shine because I desperately want to watch him clown fools for 9/125/1 a game.

As a fantasy football player I don't want any part of him at what will likely be an inflated ADP because everyone's going to assume that hell absorb half of Maclin's targets, rather than get blanketed by a safety every game and end up with roughly the same stats when Alex Smith can't attack the seam over the top.

In a vacuum, Kelce's talent is limitless and there's no reason why he shouldn't be as productive as Gronk and be a completely justifiable mid-to-late 2nd round pick, but as long as he's in Reid's offense with Alex Smith as QB, he's got a glass ceiling over his point totals. That's really not an outrageous claim.

MrSargent posted:

You saying he had the worst TE1 season in a decade means absolute jack poo poo. It doesn't change the volatility of the TE position which is independent of any individual performance. But to look at a TE with over 1100 yards and complain that he wasn't a big part of the offense is objectively wrong.

Edit: You are seriously underestimating Kelces yardage per game and the floor that provided at a volatile position. I made the championship last year despite drafting Keenan Allen and Eddie Lacy in rounds 2 and 4 and it had a lot to do with Kelce, who I got in the 6th.

Edit2: It doesn't matter at all if TE was a down year because it was down for everyone. I don't think anyone would have been unhappy with drafting Kelce near his ADP last year.

I went wire to wire in a league where I drafted Keenan Allen, and that was mostly due to taking DeMarco Murray instead of a guy like Kelce, so what actually means jack poo poo is your anecdotal evidence when like 6 of us have spent the last 4 years piling up mountains of data that suggest that drafting a TE that isn't Gronk has like a 75% chance being at best a mediocre pick

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

It's not that he never throws to him, that's not what I'm trying to say, so sorry if that's how it's coming across. It's that he's utilized in a very specific way/has a QB that really doesn't maximize his strengths, so you're hoping for this huge breakout and potential TE1 repeat from a guy who literally has a useage cap just because of the offense he's in. That's a sucker bet imo

This while convo started because someone said Kelce is going to feast without Maclin which I wholeheartedly disagree with. Unless he has a QB that can really hit him consistently above that second level, he's not really going to be markedly better than he has been the last two years, which is a fine TE, but not "TE1"

That's why I brought up the fact that he had the lowest scoring TE1 season in a few years, because just because he was once a TE1 in name, doesn't mean we can assume he's jumped up to that tier now, rather that everyone else was so poo poo that he was able to lead the pack in a down year by just doing what he has/will do every year with Alex Smith throwing him the ball.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 12:19 on Jun 5, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

We can only hope for an end to the reign of Captain Checkdown

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Cobb will be a great WR2 unless you draft him

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Benne posted:

Randall Cobb is an WR3 who will get overdrafted on name recognition. He hasn't lived up to his ADP in a couple years now.

When he's playing in the slot and he and Jordy are both healthy, he should be in the top-25 WRs fairly comfortably. That has only happened for a few games since like 2014 but when it did

RVProfootballer posted:

he went 18-260-3 on 24 targets in three playoff games.

If all three Packers WRs are healthy, I could very easily see Cobb being a better ADP bargain than Adams

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

Adam Thielen (125)

I'm going to try to not poo poo this thread up with don't draft Vikings but

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Sataere posted:

I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty high on Stefon Diggs.

I hope it's as a matchup-based WR3 in a 3WR+Flex league because that's all that offense can support through the air.

Bad line, bad offensive coaching staff until proven otherwise, bad quarterback. Murray is probably the only guy in that offense worth starting weekly and I wouldn't be surprised if that were based mainly on reps and lack of competition unless this is the year that noted SPARQ darling Jerrick McKinnon can be good enough at football that he can avoid being benched in favor of Matt fuckin Asiata

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jun 8, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Sataere posted:

I didn't say I could justify the thought. But I'm not talking a guy with my first four picks. I think he's a guy who can slip to round six or seven and maybe be a high end WR2 by seasons end.

I just think he has a high floor/high ceiling for a mid round pick, because my gut thinks he's going to seriously outperform his ADP.

I would be seriously shocked if Diggs is a top-25 WR by season's end, let alone top-18. My money is on ~WR30 give or take 2 or 3 spots, but I think most of that production will come in a handful of games

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 8, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Zimmer is very much a *hates rookies* coach and they just invested like 9 mil guaranteed in Murray to replace Peterson so I doubt he ends up being more than a handcuff/dynasty stash, especially when the Vikings offense is doo. I didn't mention him because he's almost assured to be a non-factor in redraft unless Murray gets hurt.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Matt Kalil and Andre Smith are Not Very Good and Phil Loadholdt is okay (but not really in pass protection because he has the footwork of Frankenstein's monster) so I doubt their health really makes that line any better :)

What might've made that line better would've been using a 1st round pick on a lineman instead of trading it for Sam fuckin Bradford

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jun 9, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Sataere posted:

I think this post operates under the assumption that bad is as bad as it gets. Those guys were bad, but their back ups were like staring into the abyss and only being able to see your mother being sodomized by Chthulu.

As a Vikings fan I can tell you with absolute certainty that things can always, and will more likely than not, be worse

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

woe be to us when 80/1000/5 is TE1 again

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

RVProfootballer posted:

Yep, sure would hate to have a TE1 that put up >100 yards 5 out of the last 6 weeks of the fantasy year

I'm not going to post all the stuff I literally just posted two pages ago but TE is going to be dogshit again and if y'all are willing to sacrifice your 3rd rounder to rise above it for a guy who's full PPR ceiling is 250 points, more power to you

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Spoeank posted:

What's positive touchdown regression precious

We're talking about a team that didn't throw a TD to a WR for drat near two seasons. Alex Smith cares not for your maths

RVProfootballer posted:

I said nothing about ADP or where I'd draft him this year. But Kelce owned last year and the fact that he may or may not own this year doesn't change that.

Yeah, but all that stuff matters?? I'd love to have Antonio Brown on every team I have, but if I pick 12 it ain't happening

We also discussed that he "owned" comparitively to the field and that his TE1 season would've been like TE5 at best in like 7 of the previous 10 seasons, and as long as Alex Smith is throwing him the ball, that's basically his ceiling, and if other guys like Gronk or Olsen go up around him he won't look as good!

e: also "don't pay for last year's production" is one of the ten rules on the fantasy stone tablets, so I could literally give a poo poo what he did last year

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jun 9, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

kiimo posted:

Is there anything more hilarious than telling me what someone's upcoming fantasy ceiling is?

If Travis Kelce scores 250+ points in full PPR* I will buy the next 10 people who tell me I'm an idiot an av cert

*at least, let's say, 12 games of Alex Smith, but if they actually get a QB that can throw a seam route for 4 games, that could totally gently caress this prediction but oh well, I'm willing to take that risk v:shobon:v

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jun 9, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm just saying this feels very similar to when everyone ganged up on me during CharlesChat last year and we all know how that turned out :bigtran:

e: just so y'all know 90/1200/6 is 246 points and if you think anyone catching a ball from Alex Smith can beat that fuckin lol. That's what I have pegged as Kelce's absolute ceiling until he gets a QB that isn't afraid to throw a ball over a linebacker's head

e2: like, there's nothing wrong with that but DON'T DRAFT TEs is still the thing and a lot of poo poo would need to go wrong with my first two picks to even consider drafting Kelce

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jun 9, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

The middle has been open plenty for Alex Smith his entire career because other teams know that he's literally never going to attack a safety

vvvv e: That's a real hot take there predicting the thing that happens every year :v:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jun 9, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

So you mean a TE1????

But seriously, that's me setting his absolute ceiling. If you're going to burn a top-40 pick on a pass catcher, you're probably at least hoping he has a floor of something like 80/1000/6, that's a handful of points off of the best season Kelce will ever put up with his current offense, so like, why?

vvv e: I'm saying 250 because I'm saying that I legitimately believe that Kelce's ceiling in KC is 90/1200/6 which is 246 points. I think Kelce could legitimately be Gronk, but he'll never be with Captain Checkdown and it's a fuckin travesty. If he had even like Winston throwing to him, I would gladly take him mid/late 3rd and wouldn't think twice

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Jun 9, 2017

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

They weren't the top 12 WRs drafted though? And how many guys got hurt like Dez, Jordy, or Allen? In a vacuum, you should be able to expect like 15 guys to have a really good shot at that, and drat near all of them are going to go in the first 4 rounds, so tell me why I shouldn't throw all my darts trying to hit on those guys rather than a TE who literally never will?

fake edit: I'm a zero RB guy all day :madmax:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Leperflesh posted:

Teemu do you not understand the concept of positional scarcity, or do you just reject it as a drafting strategy

No, I do understand it, but I also understand that drafts are a crapshoot and I understand the more targets you try to hit, the more likely you'll miss. So I'd rather just skip out all together and play the wire and try to hit one of those like 7 ADP 100+ TEs that end up top 12 without having to invest any draft capital. It's the same concept as punting saves in H2H baseball where you can still be competitive come season's end if you're a shrewd manager

e: Drafting closers never once won anyone a fantasy championship, and unless you went Graham/Gronk at the turn that one year, I doubt TE isn't very much the same

e2: positional scarcity might mean something if you played in some ridiculous two TE league, but at the end of the day, a 12 team league is going to have the top ~35 of both WR and RB as a weekly starter, and the top ~50 of both are going to be rostered, so, the top flight players are just as scarce, and are even more important to get early because you need more than one

e3: imo identifying ADP trends and values is 100x more important than getting caught up in positional scarcity

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jun 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

:yeah:

• Locked thread