Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Which one of you made the Daisy Cousens fan page?

It was our collective will made manifest by the noosphere reflected in the the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Out of my area of knowledge but check Beyond Blue - there might be a list of resources or some ideas.
https://www.beyondblue.org.au/

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Gorilla Salad posted:

From the Trump thread.

I thought it was bad when I saw some US citizens think North Korea is in the Northern Territory, then I noticed the ones who thought it was in the open ocean.

Well you see in team america they were shot down over the ocean so therefore...

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Quantum Mechanic posted:

TBF it's mostly Nick Xenophon, but I shan't be shedding any tears when SHY is sent packing and has got get a real job for the first time in her life

I got in trouble for telling an opposing Councillor to kill them are selves so I wouldn't say the best training

(i did not actually do this)

The opposing councillor's inability to grapple with memes speaks to their inability to connect to youth voters.

Or you know, any voter of any age who knows how to use a loving computer and what the internet is apart from "YouTube" and "websites for booking travel".

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

CrazyTolradi posted:

Pell's a real piece of pus filled maggot riddled poo poo, it's not surprising at all this has come out and was obvious as gently caress when he was refusing to leave the Vatican.

:agreed:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Apparently he's in London at the moment.

If Australian law enforcement isn't on the phone to Scotland Yard already they should be.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

gay picnic defence posted:

They can try him in absentia can't they?

Sure but having Pell fart about the Vatican in safety eyeing off the younger tourists until he finally dies of old age doesn't help anyone.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

No, but it does a lot of longer term damage to the credibility of the church which is a good thing

Yeah I guess so. Bigger picture and all that.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tokamak posted:

I bought two avocados to make guacamole. Where does that place me on the entitled millennial scale?

Homeless.

Also don't expect any outrage over torturing refugees. Australia has already shown that a majority of citizens are totally ok with this.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bogan King posted:

You're falling into the trap of thinking people wanted the boats stopped rather than it all being an excuse to bang drums about making GBS threads on brown people. Stopping the boats was never the goal - hurting the 'other' was.

---------------------------

Have some loving charts by that chart guy that was a blogger but sold out to the MSM when the MSM outed his secret identity or some bullshit.

I'm the miraculous wage growth rebound because of [CRC error file not found].

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ssmagus posted:

Why did they replace that sign? There was nothing wrong with the old one.

Who can I blame for this?

Labor's Fault [tm] M'Lud.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Nothing whatsoever.

*puffs on comically over sized cigar, wraps neck in white silk scarf and puts on top hat*

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The real burning question on everyone's mind is obviously who did that amazing flat panel glass work?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Anidav posted:

JOBS AND GROWTH BEEP BEEP BEEP BLUDGER DETECTED *PLAYS A CURRENT AFFAIR JINGLE ON LOUDSPEAKER WHILE FIRING LASERS AT TARGET*

The secret is the special detection software on the Killbot is configured to always give a positive scan for maximum revenue capture and to kill more poors (suitably siphoned off to the right debt collection agencies so your mates can get a cut, of course).

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Literal fun police.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Zenithe posted:

"Can't afford a housing deposit, better start a loving business" (Nobody et.al, ever)

Selling salvaged junk from your stolen woolies shopping cart under a bridge.

Because you're sure not affording rent for a shopfront if you can't afford a loving home.

It's a nice pivot to attempt to remain in relevance but unless their business plans don't require a premises then forget it.

Maybe Domain over the next 12 months will be nothing more than a bunch of "how to start a food van business", trying to cash in on the lucrative TAFE chef course advertising dollars.

Or the "mandarin only edition" of Domain with the actual real estate listings. (apologies to any people with actual Chinese heritage, it's the baby boomers who are to blame but I only have bile instead of jokes for them)

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 10:29 on May 21, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Well you certainly don't want to random drug test the patrons in your state's respective elite private clubs for politicians and business leaders.

I mean just imagine how awkward that would be when you get a positive.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

""If Adani can't afford to build the mine without free water, free money and free coal, then Queenslanders can't afford to let them build it at all," she said."

Ding ding ding.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

CrazyTolradi posted:

What jobs? Once the mine is built, they'll all be out of work again.

Those jobs will all be 457 equivalent anyway and paid joke wages.

JBP posted:

You only need the jobs for an election cycle.

A promise of jobs. No need to actually deliver once you're in.

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 12:52 on May 22, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

tithin posted:

Did you know Scott Morrison appeared in the game King's Bounty?

Well that explains the cartoon villainy.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bogan King posted:

Sea levels are now rising fast. Melbourne is going under water

The Manchester bombing is indeed topical and of great interest but I want to take this opportunity to laugh at the boomers & investors who paid top dollar for waterfront properties but didn't care about climate change.

Whoopsie you dickheads.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Don Dongington posted:

So Federal Labor, in the spirit of giving away free kicks, once again voted in lockstep with the Liberals against a Federal ICAC.

It's almost as if they don't want to see the Liberal party brought low by their own greed or summin'

Labor are just as crooked as the LNP, they're just less efficient at it.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Anidav posted:

I think this may contribute to the federal leadership destabilization.

You need leadership to exist before you can destabilize it.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Anidav posted:

It's pretty weird how it went belly up given the store in Brisbane is usually packed with people.

If we've learned anything it's that the CEO was probably drawing a seven million dollar annual salary or something.

Whoops can't afford to stay open anymore. Oh well.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bogan King posted:

Brandis said he has full confidence sharing intelligence with Trump. Just in case you want context for where that puts him.

https://twitter.com/BBCDomC/status/867637121938583553

National security caveats are definitely going to get dusted off by a few people I think.

Whoever leaked that poo poo needs to oh who am I kidding it's the US and they leak worse than cold war Britain.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I could never defend that nutter but at the same time you can't have inconsistent application of the same rules on different people.

Well I mean you CAN but I never want anyone involved to say "a fair go" ever again.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

ewe2 posted:

Look at this angry old white man

https://twitter.com/workmanalice/status/867612668974161920

respekt mah authoritah! :v:

But was it a clerk of a maritime court? Also furthermore

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Anidav posted:

Meanwhile in the Courier Mail

DONT TAKE ARE COAL INNER BRISBANE WANKERS WE THE PEOPLE LOVE ADANI WE THE PEOPLE MATE COULDNT HAVE A BEER WITH ALL THIS LABAH WASTE HIJABS ARE STEALING OUR COAL AUUUUUUUUUUGH

I love walking into pubs and ordering a soy latte.

Where do people even buy beer from anyway?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Walk into a country pub in full hipster garb and find yourself a farmer to talk to.

"Yeah mate, they're going to run farms by robots soon so you'll be out of a job and you'll have to sell up to a Chinese version of Monsanto."

Look around a bit.

"Oh wow so you don't have ANY microbrewery beers on tap? Just wow. Is that four X? Holy poo poo. I wondered who drank that."

"Well nice talking but my motorized penny farthing is on a meter."

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lizard Combatant posted:

Hey thread. I 100% checked out of Australian politics/news 3 months ago. Feels great.

Is human arrowroot biscuit Bill Shorten still labor leader by default?

You take that back. You loving take that back.

Arrowroot biscuits are really good and Bill Shorten is more akin to a dodgy knockoff family biscuit that has the flavor and texture of cardboard packaging.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

A Catholic school in Melbourne's south east has threatened to bar students from a casual clothes day unless their parents sign letters opposing the Turnbull government's school funding changes.

The move has infuriated some members of the tight-knit St Elizabeth's School community, who have accused the Dandenong North school of political interference and intimidation.

Good old Christian values of exclusion and coercion.

Oh and public humiliation for whichever group becomes the class minority. Fun!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lizard Combatant posted:

Enjoy living in Blandville, grandma.

Btw, here's the pokemon dude's tumblr for proper png versions.

http://probertson.tumblr.com/

It's an avatar goldmine, including this masterpiece:

These are all great and explaining them should be the real citizenship test.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cheap Trick posted:

Dick Smith brand Dudroots.

The Dick Smith brand became the dud root after a good flip by that investment group.

^Or someone chewing a nail while in front of a microphone.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
In Immortan Joe's brave new future that we're heading towards we won't need websites for any news outlet, let alone the ABC.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Skellybones posted:

Relax, it's a war on terror.

I'm terrified of change so anything that causes it is terrorism.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Anidav posted:

Cat wait to snatch a 3 bedroom house in Greenslopes for 280 a week with a complimentary car because landlords are going bankrupt Mr. Speaker

Your new house might be one of those ones that falls completely apart after 15 years because it was built to be flipped, not built to be lived in.

If you remember watching the ABC's The Investigators consumer affairs show back in the day there were some real shockers dumped on buyers by builders that went into planned bankruptcies then phoenixed into new entities to avoid repercussions.
I'm sure nothing has changed in that regard.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Those are the eyes of a very sane person indeed.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Anidav posted:

Because there is another side to Dutton!

I've smeared poo poo on one side of this buttered toast but if you flip it over I'm sure it'll taste great.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

BBJoey posted:

i don't mean to offend but i hope dutton is murdered

Nah just put him in his personal hell.

Some small quiet village in Namibia with no passport, mobile phone, ID or cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Zenithe posted:

Imagine growing up in 1980s QLD and wanting to be a cop.

Well it was probably that or get sliced up to make raw chips in the factory.

• Locked thread