Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Ten Becquerels posted:

Good to see the government targeting those who really need to contribute more to society: uni students

Pretty sure that abolishing compulsory student unions was a master-stroke by Howard that allowed future governments to gently caress with students at will

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Anidav posted:

It's almost as if ALP policy is a tad more balanced than it was under Gillard and the Shadowmen

This is the balanced policy that enabled state sponsored data retention and warrentless access to the information, yeah?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Anidav posted:

I just want to smile one of these days

Why are you following Australian politics then?

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Mad Katter posted:

Where is this being reported?

https://twitter.com/search?q=%22Buckingham%20Palace%22&src=tren

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

CrazyTolradi posted:

In other news:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-10/qantas-alan-joyce-pie-thrower-against-gay-marriage/8513596

I knew it was going to be some grumpy Western Queenslander who didn't want to let those darn gays marry and unravel society.

Yeah just heard this guy on the radio as well. Very upset about those uppity gays feeling like they should have equal rights and what is clearly a nation wide campaign of corporate bullying attempting social engineering against the wishes of the majority.

Also, he thinks this is the first time that corporate voices have been raised in this manner.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

This just keeps getting better and better.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

hooman posted:

That's enough levee levy levity.

thats some levee levy levity showing brevity

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Can someone remind me why ATSIC was disbanded?

Oh, Latham, Howard and Vanstone. Say no more.

NPR Journalizard fucked around with this message at 01:17 on May 29, 2017

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Does Daisy Cousens have political aspirations beyond "bad columnist/talking head"? Like, I've seen her name mentioned on the periphery of Young Lib bullshit for a few years in a manner that suggests she's important in some small way but I can't figure out if she actually does anything or if she's just a ~personality~

Getting groomed to be the next bronnie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

iajanus posted:

My grandfather was quite involved in getting this project off the ground in the beginning and this is deeply upsetting. He'd be rolling in his grave right now. I don't normally get emotional about this sort of stupidity but it's hit a raw nerve.

Hell, there's a reason I have my christening certificate from the wayside chapel of the cross, and it's not that it was a convenient location for the family to get to.

One of my first contacts with hard drugs was inside a dodgy caravan by a dude in a giraffe suit and look at how I turned out.

• Locked thread