Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Les Affaires posted:

2000 hours per year at $21 per hour.

40 hours a week for 50 weeks (which, sick days and xmas makes real). RIP Cafe Workers with HECS debts.

freebooter posted:

Okay so I'm watching qanda and I realised why I've long respected Barnaby Joyce, in general, even though I don't like him. I used to think it was because he sticks up for his beliefs, but actually plenty of conservatives do that. It's because he sticks up for his beliefs and explains them in a face-to-face way that most ordinary, reasonably people can parse. And that is so loving easy to do! Yet nobody else in Australian parliament, that I can think of, does that. Even the Greens are slaves to talking points and focus groups.

The strong point about not having particularly well thought out ideas is that you don't need to rearticulate them to fit a 15 second sound bite. I should know, I'm really good at having not particularly well thought out ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Don Dongington posted:

What the hell do PHON care about graduates and students?

Nobody with an ATAR acceptable to a podunk supertafe is going to vote for them.

edit: Fixed

There are plenty of tradies who never got ATARs who would never vote One Nation largely because they're mostly really dedicated to the idea of voting Liberal.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

You Am I posted:

lol Turnbull is wanting to send troops back to Afghanistan

I remember someone saying "the easiest way to close the gap in the polling numbers is to manufacture a war".

Good thing it won't work.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

The real reason is that most Rugby Union players are going to a fancy private school and are about to railroad their way to success.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Apparently there are some small scale nuclear projects that look really interesting, don't take 60 quintillion years to build and and a lot closer to safe.

I don't think that really helps us, but it's probably the most shill I've ever seen Vox go.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Majestic posted:

Daniel Andrews seems to continue to be pretty good at his job all-round. One does wonder if he has federal ambitions. I don't know that he'd be better than a Bowen or a Plibersek, but at least at a state level he's really doing a very solid job.

And yet magically, his approval ratings aren't that crash hot.
The last poll was in March (so it's a fair bit out of date), but 2pp shows LNP winning handily.

Luckily, it's not like PHON have any sway here.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

ewe2 posted:

If the evidence is Murdoch rags playing up a ReachTEL poll, I'm not playing along. Is there a Newspoll/Essential/Ipsos?

The only other poll taken this year was a Galaxy showing Labour ahead 51-49. The ReachTEL poll also fit with the simmering discontentment over a bunch of trivial non-issues that were always going to bring Labour's 2PP down a bunch (the skyrail bullshit, some of the usual "Labor has bad hombres in parliament" bullshit and lingering 'BUT ARE CEE EFF AYY')

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Bogan King posted:

Just so you know we don't have a monopoly on the hot takes I give you something a bit more local to the bombing. Yes, mail online 'journalists' are low hanging fruit but openly calling for a final solution is pretty brazen.

Based on everything else she's tweeted, it looks like she's trying to set herself up as the go-to racist hardliner.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

She deleted that tweet and posted a new one which said something like "we need a true solution".
She's still a human toilet, but she's a Daily Mail journalist so that shouldn't come as a surprise.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Is this going to be a thing or, more likely is it going to be swept under the carpet at lightspeed?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Why was her opinion given a huge amount of publicity anyway? Cynical or actual answers welcome.

She's a tennis legend with a history of making sensationalist comments that 90% of people are going to react to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Lid posted:

Pauline Hanson’s One Nation has resuscitated its threat to refuse to support the Turnbull government’s budget measures unless the ABC’s funding is cut.

Brian Burston, One Nation’s party whip, said it had received “unfair treatment” from the ABC and the party would reject “all bills associated with the budget” unless the broadcaster’s $1bn a year funding was cut by $600m over four years, according to the Australian.

lol

They realise this isn't a vote winner in the largely rural areas that think they're onto a winner, right?

• Locked thread