Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012
Less mass, just as dense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012
Are we allowed to slutshame the Domain shills?

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012
It's almost as if the people championing harmony in diversity don't have skin in an ethno/sectarian conflict and the ones who aren't there yet might have some healing to do.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiyLtMPuWRA

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012
Shorten sounding Prime Ministerial tonight.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

You Am I posted:

Sad story about people being kicked out of a caravan park near where I live because DEVELOPERS

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...ng-homelessness

Half the Knox council are in real estate, surprise, surprise.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Bogan King posted:

Fun fact: if you didn't pay for an Oz subscription you could afford to eat smashed avo once a week. Add to that a subscription cost to the SMH and you've got a coffee with your smashed avo.

Garlic is to vampires as avocado is to boomers. In fact you could take that metaphor further being that Dracula was a land baron who drained the lifeforce of the young and vigorous. The only thing keeping up the thin veneer of humanity is the coffee.

Edit: ^^^ Where's the doge?

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

JBP posted:

Daniel Andrews, in an act of unbridled gently caress off savagery, has spun out the CFA from MFB and a new professional firefighting organisation (Fire Rescue something).

The two were an overlapping clusterfuck for years, why are people upset about the consolidation other than tradition or heritage or whatever?

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Anidav posted:

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk could win the next state election by a very narrow margin if it was held today, new polling has revealed.

A ReachTEL survey, commissioned by the Together union, found Labor would receive 51 per cent of the vote, two-party preferred, after the allocation of respondent preferences, to 49 per cent for the LNP.

Do you have any polling for a state that matters?

Dude McAwesome posted:

State and Federal Libs whipped the volunteers into a frenzy before the last state election, and made it a noisy election issue.

Federal Libs then passed legislation preventing an enterprise bargaining agreement for paid CFA staff from passing (by allowing volunteers to appeal/veto clauses they disagreed with) as a way of saying thanks.

The State Libs were pushing a "hands off the CFA" agenda, in that they were objecting to the EBA via the volunteers association (fronted by a sycophantic Lib fuckhead).

State Govt (Labor) received advice that any future EBA would be untenable due to the legislation the Federal Libs passed. State Govt says "Have what you want, have hands off the CFA, have your volunteer only organisation" and is now intending to consolidate both CFA and MFB into a single fire service called Fire Rescue Victoria.

Thanks for the rundown, I feel like the media has been very obtuse about what happened, and now that Fairfax is going Galt as well I can see why.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

If docklands went underwater would anyone notice?

That nice new waterwheel is the centrepiece of the Docklands Swamp.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

hooman posted:

2018_Australian_Banking_Crisis.txt

https://www.domain.com.au/news/melbourne-metro-rail-project-st-kilda-road-residents-fear-effect-on-property-prices-20170524-gwahtx/

WHY SELL NOW WHEN PRICES ARE ONLY GOING UP UP UP???

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

That was rough

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

Speaking of Labor copying the LNP as soon as they get into power...

Labor open to boosting troop numbers: 'we can't afford to see Afghanistan lost'

When I tried to copy the quote the other article story got formatted in incorrectly, but I thought it was appropriate to leave it there.

This is right after Corbyn dropping some truth bombs about imperialism as well. Aus Labor can gently caress off.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012
That giraffe taught me about uppers and downers.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

QUACKTASTIC posted:

His name was Healthy Harold.

AusPol June - His Name Was Healthy Harold

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Bogan King posted:

Attempting to claim the title of Australia's Greatest Satirist in a hotly contested field I present the following:

https://twitter.com/NickMcKim/status/869449985464467456

Are people before committee compelled not to respond with "I refuse to dignify that question with an answer" or something of the like, because like a sizeable amount of federal senators are clearly crackpots.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

ABC posted:

Department officials refused to provide detail, citing negotiations with a private firm that may conduct the tests.

Florida all over again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012
Caleb should at least reach the age of consent before he starts policing people's privates.

• Locked thread