Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I feel like back in 2014 I'd already received emails from the VC that things were going to be fine, we'll work through it, blah blah but nothing so far with these announced cuts.

I think the email I received from my VC was nothing like that. It was basically "suck it up leaners."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Anidav posted:

Fairfax believes in COALITION MAGIC

I too can see that 970 is a greater number than 585 and possibly better than the alternative of 733. That was $20k of economics degree well spent!

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Anidav posted:

Wouldn't they just be using Gonski for policy branding? I mean the libs have taken ALP policy before, hosed it up and given it the same name eg NBN.

Textbooks about the lie that is climate change, the benefits of a coal exporting economy and how cutting edge copper internet is.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Why do they care about the tax rate when big corporations find ways to pay no loving tax anyway. Is it a smokescreen so that the public thinks they do pay tax?

Bogan King posted:

Absolutely digging the fact that Trump has blown off Towelcum again

Between this and their last interaction it really makes your appreciate how insignificant our PM is.

Quoting for new page.

Dude McAwesome fucked around with this message at 02:07 on May 5, 2017

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Some do, some don't. Wesfarmers pays close to 1B in corporate tax each year and you can bet they'd like to lower that if they could.

Is that due to the fact they don't have another country to shift profits to? Eg. They're an Australian company.

I'm not being a smartass, I'm genuinely curious because I thought a company of that size would be employing all sorts of fuckery to minimise tax.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Blamestorm posted:

Well it's on like 65b of revenue and they book like 3-4b of after tax profit so they aren't that bad at it. Remember as well due to dividend imputation, which virtually no other country has, the tax they have paid gives a credit to investors for their personal income rates.

Thanks for the info :) I'll have a read up into dividend imputation to educate myself!

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Levy the gently caress outta them!

I thought Ticky Fullerton was on the ABC and not Sky? Is she on both? Or just Sky now?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

The Before Times posted:

I like how they complain about capital gains tax, meaning they made a profit on the sale of the house :allears:

What's the part about the Centrelink form? idgi

They're disgusted because their tenants were receiving welfare?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

The Before Times posted:

They had been under the impression the tenants were professionals I think? And either the tenants had lied about that or were applying for backpaid rent assistance that they weren't entitled to? It's not clear as the article isn't very well written

What a bizarre (and probably manufactured) article.

CrazyTolradi posted:

So people can only be angry about one thing at a time? Tell us more, friendlyjordies. Or don't, that'd be better.

friendljordies is incapable of ever admitting that Labor gently caress up and make mistakes. He's the worst.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

CrazyTolradi posted:

He meltsdown on social media at the slightest criticism, I've seen him belittle women just because they're women or, if you work in a supermarket or fast food, he'll scorn and mock you for daring to call out his crap.

Truly a man of the party FOR THE WORKERS

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Paingod556 posted:

It's actually about the budget, using a metaphor their demographic can easily understand

Still a better metaphor then whatever the gently caress those other front pages are portraying.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Bogan King posted:

Here is the latest chart that shows actual wage growth vs budget predictions

Gotta credit them for their eternal optimism!

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

JBP posted:

What if my substance is high fructose corn syrup and I have diabetes?

Enjoy your front page spread, leaner.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

How do I convince people that drug testing welfare recipients is hosed up? It's amazing the amount of people that are for it, and I'm poo poo at arguing. Can auspol give me some talking points?

Don Dongington posted:

I don't know how many of you have been on a bargaining team, but it's pretty loving clear from day 1 that unless you're rocking huge densities, (>30%, which is AF rare outside of pockets of the public sector, construction, maybe maritime?) , the employer holds all of the cards.

I'm in a union for the first time in my life (no union in previous workplace) and we're rocking membership somewhere like 90%+ and I cannot for the life of me think of my anyone WOULDN'T be in their union. It's the only way for the workers to not get hosed.

"Yeah, nah what have unions ever fuckin' done for me" *gets paid a fair wage with 4 weeks annual leave a year and public holidays* "They're all hosed aye"

We must smash the state, seize the means of production etc, etc.

JBP posted:

The 17% interest thing is a loving load of poo poo because when people bought that debt ... they paid off loans in record time and had a fuckload of equity available.

Anyway boomers cn eat poo poo etc, they're a pack of fat old liars and we should kill them all.

This is amazing and I love it.

Dude McAwesome fucked around with this message at 07:43 on May 12, 2017

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Thanks for all the help re: explaining why drug testing welfare recipients is a shithouse idea.

And JBP who is the correct party to vote for then?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Andrew Hastie killed not one, but two kids.

What? Source?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Frogfingers posted:

The two were an overlapping clusterfuck for years, why are people upset about the consolidation other than tradition or heritage or whatever?

State and Federal Libs whipped the volunteers into a frenzy before the last state election, and made it a noisy election issue.

Federal Libs then passed legislation preventing an enterprise bargaining agreement for paid CFA staff from passing (by allowing volunteers to appeal/veto clauses they disagreed with) as a way of saying thanks.

The State Libs were pushing a "hands off the CFA" agenda, in that they were objecting to the EBA via the volunteers association (fronted by a sycophantic Lib fuckhead).

State Govt (Labor) received advice that any future EBA would be untenable due to the legislation the Federal Libs passed. State Govt says "Have what you want, have hands off the CFA, have your volunteer only organisation" and is now intending to consolidate both CFA and MFB into a single fire service called Fire Rescue Victoria.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Also intending to go from 100 paid female firefighters to 400.

That's very ambitious.

Frogfingers posted:

Thanks for the rundown, I feel like the media has been very obtuse about what happened, and now that Fairfax is going Galt as well I can see why.

The media have been absolutely shithouse about it. Just playing the usual "unions bad" type articles.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Schlesische posted:

And yet magically, his approval ratings aren't that crash hot.

That blows my mind because it seems that he's constantly actually doing things to make life better for everyone rather than just blaming the previous mob and doing gently caress all.

Anidav posted:

This but unironically.

Old man isn't wearing 20 year old New Balances. 3/10.

Though I do support any program that alienates large blocks of voters against the Libs, so go for it?

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Oh cool, someone who has profited massively from mining giving away some of the money they could never hope to spend.

Why the gently caress is Twiggy Forrester so prominent outside of "has lots of money?"

What's the angle here? Looking to run next election? Gunning for a knighthood? (lol, gently caress off Tones)

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

JBP posted:

This is why you people can't effectively communicate with working Australians.

Did you mean "youse people"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

racing identity posted:

In an alternate universe the guy is indigenous and wakes up in a jail cell.

When I saw that photo I just thought it was a dumb/cute cop photo.

But then you say that. And gently caress. You're so right and that's loving horrible.

• Locked thread