Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Top OP, looking forward to losing my job when the Uni cuts come through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

Is it just e or does Bill Shorten have the biggest election Ammo stockpile in modern history?

I mean sure, Rudd had Work choices but Shorten has this royal flush of Medicare, University Fees, gently caress the banks, proper NBN and high speed rail? Anything else? Seems like quite the warchest

Meanwhile, Turnbull (or Dutton) has:

Almost the entire Australian media

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I have no idea what to think of this one. If she has been framed how would the guy who planted it on her know where to get the stuff at the other end?

If she did do it, she must be monumentally stupid. At least she wasn't trying to smuggle drugs out of a country with a death sentence for it.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Bogan King posted:

If anyone has anything more on that Lyinghat b&e / murder threat feel free to share it. Can't find anything else floating around as yet.

Nobody watches Sky

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Bogan King posted:

The only person who watched sky in the replies before it got deleted said 'I saw it was leyonhjelm and muted the tv because gently caress that guy' or something to that effect.

:lol:

E: Just checked twitter to see if there's any more mentions and :
https://twitter.com/DavidLeyonhjelm/status/858880916353015808

MysticalMachineGun fucked around with this message at 06:16 on May 1, 2017

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Conclusion: too suss

Cartoon posted:

But it did give the presenters plenty of scope to 'mention' the 'fabulous new facilities at Canberra Airport' a fact that Capital Property Finance Pty Ltd must be overjoyed about.

To be fair the Canberra airport used to be reeeeeeeeeeeeal lovely. It's a lot better.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I'm wondering if after the 2014 budget not getting anything through if Unis aren't too worried about this one.

I feel like back in 2014 I'd already received emails from the VC that things were going to be fine, we'll work through it, blah blah but nothing so far with these announced cuts.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Jonah Galtberg posted:

Do tertiary education changes need to pass the Senate or can they be ~implemented via regulation~? I'm looking to go back to uni later this year and I'm feeling a little nervous

Senate. 2014 had worse cuts and they never made it through.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

loving noice

If only Bill Leak were alive to see this, it may have killed him

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

aejix posted:

It's not like there are going to be any consequences whatsoever for him, so is there even any point publicly outing him as a lying fuckweasel?

It's something to hammer him with next election. And if enough sources call for Dutton to resign, that tends to stick around in the public memory.

Go get 'em Barrie

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

:stare: gently caress

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Aboriginals: not Australian

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Solemn Sloth posted:

They're okay as long as they can visually pass for Anglo, but thanks anyway Andrew

C'mon, it's not like the ad is showing their names and heritage. They could have had a diverse looking range of people (we're a successful multicultural country after all, eh Mal?) but instead went white, white, white

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

We used to live in a lake.

A lake house?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

freebooter posted:

Lol an "oversight" there's no way it wasn't a conscious, committee-designed decision

We're lucky it wasn't a group of faceless men.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

MysticalMachineGun posted:

We're lucky it wasn't a group of old white men, ruling the world

old men are the future

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

:laffo:

Does that mean lionhat's party actually has two members now?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

I wonder what friendlyjordies is up to...

Oh another shilling meltdown nice.

What if I'm angry... at both?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Lid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj4-nPTmO6M

SO MUCH FOR THE TOLERANT LEEEEEEEEFT

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

How would they even determine such a thing?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The narrative from News Corp et al is that this is a Labor budget (but better) and fair as

They're trying to wedge the ALP and tell the people this poo poo sandwich is steak. Don't believe them.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

What the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Cartoon posted:

The sheer amount of outrage coming out of the banks is boggling. Increasing their taxes is an 'assault' and 'unwarranted'. Then the petulant toddler kicks in and they scream that they are going to pass it all on to customers anyway so Nayh Nayh Nayh. I expect a rape comparison from one of them by COB.

It's not hard to forsee this is what would happen. Big corporations would rather jack up prices, cut staff or cut services than even think about touching wages or bonuses at the top end

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

:munch:

Luckily I don't hear too much poo poo hung on my bank (not NAB) but when it comes time to refinance the home loan or move I'll definitely be looking at one of the smaller banks or a credit union.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Kafka Syrup posted:

Turns out the Imgur app autopublishes uploads and I just got a bunch of abusive comments. Good stuff, imgur.

Quick Van, better jump off Labor since they'll be voting with the Coalition on the bank tax

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

"I haven't read the emails but I'm sure it's people resigning from the Liberal Party to join my party" - Cory Bernardi

Alt title:

Bogan King posted:

700 new members join Bernardi Party, taking membership up to a record 701

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

What I don't understand is why the Greens hang on to her if it is that obvious. Are there any internal moves to get rid of her once her senate seat is up?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHvjhgjDF-s

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

please don't die hooman

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

So did anyone follow up with Dutton about his bullshit about the 5 year old on Good Friday?

Guardian and Insiders have both talked about it (Cassidy asked him about it directly) but since then Dutton's been hiding in his 2GB safe space with Ray "Hug a Lib" Hadley.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Cartoon posted:

We were hoping for a question time assault.

Freudian Slip posted:

Lol at this coming from the ALP

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Bogan King posted:

Labour market in April:
Trend unemployment steady, at 5.8%
Fall in full-time jobs (again): -11,600
Rise in part-time jobs (again): +49,000

Looking forward to the wages breakout this causes

ScoMo: "But Mister Speaker, for the two hours a week that people now work, their wages per hour are up!"

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Ha ha ha, nepotism at its finest. We'll prosecute tax frauds, except when they're related to us.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

iajanus posted:

Gold, as in the colour of piss?

Drink more water

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

Someone make me an avatar of debt bot killing boomers pls

Do it yourself, leaner

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Someone must have complained? That tweet's gone and it just says to tune in for major revelations in the Sainsbury case now.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Pictured: someone misunderstanding every single one of these platforms! Except communism. Yay workers.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Why is Rebel Wilson in court?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Bogan King posted:

“I will also seek to establish at Senate Estimates whether Ms Abdel Magied’s government appointed mentor was consulted on these latest dissembling comments,” Senator Abetz concluded.

What the gently caress is a government appointed mentor

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Bogan King posted:

Womans Day called her a liar. That caused her to get fired from her gig in Hollywood and get completely blackballed by the industry so she has had no more work since. Given how crazy she's going it's probably going to come out that she thinks (((Jews))) run Womans Day as well as Hollywood and that is why she isn't getting work anymore.

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

What. No. Don't.

• Locked thread