Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Bogan King posted:

Congratulations then it doesn't completely negate it you just get 3c extra money to spend for every $1 extra you get paid. As we no longer have anything smaller than 5c you can round up and be assured of a red frog for that pay bump.

I've seen this type of thing quoted, can anyone explain the math?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Last time I was at Canberra airport Kevin Rudd was coming through security just after us and got "randomly" picked for a full pat-down and bag search.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

The Sydney Morning Homosexual?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I like that they put one token Asian in the back.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

For who knows what reason, Rundle Street Hungry Jacks had Andrew Bolts show playing loudly on all the screens when I stopped by there last night. You could feel the smug leaking out of the screens.

Anidav posted:

But the people I talk to reckon Malcolm would just hold another election because Bonner has a high chance of going ALP and the Coalition doesn't want to risk a vote of no confidence.

Which is why this is an election budget

Nah, then they'll just start complaining about how unfair it is that they can't get through everything they want just because of a minor matter like not holding a majority of seats in the lower or upper house.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Sure houses are two or three times more expensive than they were in the 90s and lots of people can't even afford a deposit, and sure the increase in house price entirely counters the lower interest rates, and sure the inevitable increase in interest rates would wipe out a a lot of people but, umm, loving milennials right?

Also while saving is important, no kidding that some people will go on holidays instead of saving for a house. 30 years ago, the cost of an international holiday would be a significant chunk of a house deposit. Now it's a small fraction of what you'd need.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

JBP posted:

Voting for the greens is a pretty big dumb waste of time and energy. Hope this clarifies the mistakes the young people itt have made politically

Yeah, it takes a lot of loving energy to write 1 Greens 2 Labor. It's a whole extra digit every few years, bloody draining on the wrist.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Mark Latham is "only" on a 80k parliamentary pension?

That's less than I expected for a former opposition leader. Would still love that amount of money but I was under the impression pollies from his time retired on six figures.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I can't decide if I want to see Turnbull spilled or lose the next election.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

NTRabbit posted:

I wonder which self absorbed, power hungry, unhinged sack of poo poo the top of the Greens ticket is helping to drag the SA vote down?

I suspect Xenophon has picked up a lot of those voters.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Former Labor leader and media commentator Mark Latham has criticised Mr Joyce for pressing charges against Mr Overheu.

'Once you start campaigning like a politician, you've got to expect the odd form of protest,' he told Daily Mail Australia.

'If I was ever hit in the face by a soft pie, a cream pie, you wouldn't think for a minute about trying to get this guy locked up.'

Sounds like there needs to be a public hit Latham with cream pies every day campaign.

edit: drat you Bogan King.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Mad Katter posted:

Yeah, this sort of bike lane, where the bikes and the parked cars are separated, is considered international best practice in cycling infrastructure.

Issues of conflict at intersections like JBP mentioned are factored in to the design to reduce the issues involved.

It requires a government committed to increasing cycling participation, and willing to spend money on it.

Except in Adelaide where the council builds one road like that and there is a massive backlash because it took away a couple of parking spaces.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Of all the scams you could run, how could anyone expect "let's not give the ATO what we owe them" to go undiscovered?

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Much like the real gold standard, primarily appealing to libertarians and those who have no idea how the real world works.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Laserface posted:

I applied for and received a personal loan today and the bank spent 90% of the time I was there talking to me about getting a home loan and how I can do it with my parents ans guarantors and how the market is only going up so I should definitely invest now.

Im like 'guys I literally just borrowed 25 grand off you because I am terrible at saving for things. I mean you can even see how much I earn and spend and without even plugging that info into a computer I can tell you its a bad idea.'

Is it CommBank? In the past week I've had them reach out three times trying to get me to borrow money.

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

I assume in his example situation the staff don't have families?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Starshark posted:

Last post.

Incorrect.

• Locked thread