Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Watched some streams of that game. Looks fun but I'm terrible at shooters so I'll stick to watching it.

Biking is fun, do it on trails. I know that probably isn't much of an option in flat rear end Indiana but goddamn you seem really close minded about the whole thing, Rhinoceros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Forgive us for suggesting being less goony and going outside. I get the not wanting to ride on the road part, at least, but there are other options. To each their own.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Not all of us live in parts of the country / world that are nice most of the time

I would never bike here in Detroit because the weather, roads, and drivers all suck rear end and I will die to one or a combination of them

lol I live in the Detroit area, pussy. :colbert:

Because of this thread, I just went and did a short bike ride through the neighborhood before it storms. :feelsgood:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

CornHolio posted:

How long do I give it before I go see a chiropractor?

See a real doctor instead, maybe? Sounds like you may have slipped a disc and/or pinched a nerve.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

That is almost definitely a pulled muscle from sleeping funny, I do it all the time because my goddamn dog likes to sleep on top of me or push me out of bed :argh:

Sunday night after he got out of the shower? Yeah sounds like a "sleeping funny" issue especially with leg pain... See a real doctor and listen to the advice of people with back issues (herniated disc and surgery, here!).

Also sleeping with animals I find a bit gross. I like pets as much as the next guy but GTFO of my bed you dirty animal. :getout:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

its definitely a muscle based on this which means the only thing they'll do is give you stronger ibuprofin and maybe a muscle relaxer and tell you to alternate between ice and heat

Stop spouting this poo poo off like you're a doctor. If you can't move, I'd go now and at least get it looked at.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

If you choose not to go, I'd recommend ibuprofen and ice. Should help if it's inflammation.

Mine was a classic herniated disc (like a golf swing twisting injury, pretty common cause), was still misdiagnosed as back spasms, so they gave me drugs and sent me on my way. Years later it would flare up and pinch my sciatic nerve which would down me for a few days like this. Eventually it became constant and I got surgery. 5 years since then and I've had some minor flare ups but nothing too bad and no nerve pain anymore. I know my other discs above it are bulging post surgery (and they also start degenerating with age) so it's probably a matter of time. :v:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Goober Peas posted:

Goons make the worst doctors. Lol at the quacks itt.

This guy is actually a chiropractor

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Surf well man, I hope the curl breaks late out there.

Sounds like an awesome dude and you were lucky to have him for the time you did. RIP

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

If you've never really lifted before, the first few months of weight lifting are incredible. You'll never see gains/progression like that again.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

scuz posted:

Had a similar problem after I started lifting. When doing low-back squats, my wrists were supporting the bar at a super hosed-up angle and by keeping them straight it got better and I didn't have to take any down time. Sucked for a while, though.

Your wrists and arms shouldn't be supporting the bar at all, it's all in the upper back. Make sure your shoulders are stretched out and try and put your hands as close together as possible on the bar, then lift your elbows up. This creates a perch on your upper shoulders/traps and you barely need any pressure at your hands to steady the bar.

That's how I've learned, at least. And no pad on the bar.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Grats. The rate you're losing weight doesn't seem healthy. Way too fast unless you were like 400 lbs.

What all have you changed?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Siochain posted:

Fitnesschat:

Depends on what you want to spend and how much work you want to do on it. You could throw new parts at it but it's probably easier and better to get something new unless you're really strapped.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Enourmo posted:

(I prefer dark, malty beers myself)

oh so you're too much of a PUSSY to handle REAL MAN BEER made with a HOP NUKE that PUNCHES YOU IN THE FACE WITH BITTERNESS?

:v:

Love me a good IPA or double.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

InitialDave posted:

Just had an older guy with Oirish accent tried to sell me tools out the back of his van (I had a look, none were mine), and then wanted my postcode "because I have a friend who's lost somewhere near here and want to make sure we meet up"

Yeah, my arse. Logged it with 101 and gave them his reg number.

Fair play to the police, their reaction to "Man with Irish accent selling tools out back of van" was one step from "say no more fam".

What good does it do knowing your post code?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

InitialDave posted:

Communicating by text or other simple means where to go burgle.

Post code here in USA speak makes me think postal/zip code which is a general area for us yanks and anybody can google. Hence my confusion.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I don't drink beer, only cider and mixed drinks

This is sad, you live in one of the best beer states there is. Bells is my jam.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

That's because you're a millenial and also why no one wants to let you guys run anything.

Not sure if this was directed at me or TT, but in the case of myself:

lol, because boomers are doing such a good job. :v: Both generations are terrible for different reasons.

I don't like being classified as a millennial just because I was born in that era ('85), but alas. There's a very distinct difference in people that grew up with cell phones vs. didn't. I have an attention span, no facebook and can carry on a conversation with people (as well as an engineer is able to) instead of staring at my phone. :colbert:

Rhyno posted:

Beer makes you fat.

And feel good. Real good.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

angryrobots posted:

I gave up Bells for a while after the innovation brewing thing, but have recently been really enjoying Smitten in the can.

No apologies, no regrets. poo poo is delicious.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

FUCKKKKKKKKK I passed on the 6 pack because it was $20 and I hadn't heard a single word about it. I guess I'll have to pick one up on my lunch break.

I bought a 2nd 6er since the first was so good. It's got a flavor closer to 2 hearted but the punch of hopslam.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Nice. I wish my house were hard-wired with ethernet. I should do it (the upstairs is a mess with a bunch of old computers) but I really don't want to be going through walls and poo poo.

If it's just a room, use powerline adapters. I ran one to my computer upstairs and it was as fast as if it was plugged right into the router.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Weight loss goal achieved.

Started on April 9th at 205+ (i never took a starting weight photo to lock it down but that was my average at the time)

25 pounds lost. Almost makes up for the Miata still being a huge bitch.

Grats. How tall are you? Curious of the before and after BMI (not that that number means a whole lot IMO anyway).

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

everdave posted:

I have progressive, I am way overinsured 3 vehicles paid off all have full coverage with 50-500 deductible (highest for new car). Should I use insurance or am I loving myself? I can pay anything out of pocket but why do I pay 1200 a year insurance? Or do I just say gently caress it leave it wrecked.

Also curious about this. Wife's car got hit when she was parked somewhere and I want to get it fixed but not sure to go through insurance or not.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I bought a 1070 about a year ago and it's been good for 3 monitor gaming (racing sims) but I don't know why anybody else would need something that powerful. It's pretty silly and awesome though but I rarely really need that much horsepower either. But why not. :getin:

Adiabatic posted:

I play skyrim on my work laptop

The game that's going to come out on the pocket sized nintendo switch should run on something that's an old brick. And you probably have an engineering laptop with some actual balls anyway.

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 13:21 on May 24, 2017

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

I haven't played my switch since I beat zelda. I still use my gaming PC almost daily. Never really been big on consoles but I like this one for on the go stuff (if it had games).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Buy your wife whatever the gently caress she wants, and she'll leave you alone about your cars. :v: I told her before marriage that cars are about the only thing I spend money on and she was fine with that. I've spent very little money on cars since and have kept this one for more 6 months! (not typical)

Even if it's what you want to do you start thinking about other priorities for time and money. I wouldn't put it all on the wife. Dunno, maybe I've just lost the car love as of late.

• Locked thread