Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

fridge corn posted:

Also everyone read Lincoln in the Bardo by George Saunders cuz its really good

Book of the month?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Rhyno posted:

:(

The Tracer sat in a field on totally flat tires so the floorpans are gone.

That never stopped Fred Flintstone :smug:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Surf well man, I hope the curl breaks late out there.

Sounds like he lived a good life. Sorry for your loss.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I think Jackie Chan said he did the Rush Hour movies so he would have money to make the movies he wants in China.

I think Vin Diesel did something similar too.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I have a regular customer, he's 20 years old, weighs roughly 300lbs, has a long greasy pony tail and yeah, you can smell whatever he's recently eaten when you pass by him.

And he's openly mocking my health kick and I'm like "enjoy dying at 22 tubby."

Edit: also, I'm fuckin proud of myself

This is 20 pounds lost in just under two months

I never understood why you losing weight always offends others.

"Oh you ran 5 miles today? Well I would never do that!"

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

everdave posted:

I am contemplating making a police report. Am trying to objectively look at it from all sides. My wife was furious at me for not complying with the rent a cops demands. Please anyone comment good or bad. Was I in the wrong? There is no law or requirement I stop for funeral but it is a practice here.

You did the right thing for this. Do not get out of the car if you're on the receiving end of road rage.

Call the police and make a report.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Wedding chat: So if you send invites without a plus one or guest option, do you send separate invites for couples that you want to be there?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

monsterzero posted:

I'm about to put my Camry up for sale on Craigslist. It's an 03 V6 that's mechanically good, the paint is okay aside from one dent/crease at the top of the drivers door panel where a 1:2" square of paint flaked off. There are some minor scratches on the driver side (parking lot scratches, not rubbed up against a bollard) that would probably buff out. I'm hesitant to buff that though, because I doubt the car has ever been waxed and I don't want one conspicuously shiny spot. The rest of the paint isn't bad, clear is good. It just needs a good a good polish and wax.

Do you guys think there's any ROI to be had from polishing/waxing a 14-year-old, $4k Toyota before listing it?

I think so. Helps make the car look better in the pictures. Throw it up for a little more than you were going to originally without the wax and polish, see what happens.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
The windows updates last night made my work computer BSOD.

It's been a fun morning.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I'm paid to tell people their software is broken and someone else should fix it

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

RillAkBea posted:

I teach English as a foreign language to pay the bills and get paid to translate games a game in my spare time.

I thought about teaching English as a foreign language. How is that? Are you part of the JET program?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

The Locator posted:

I don't drink beer. Give me a different reason.

Pizza? I don't drink alcohol but I'm pretty sure my love for pizza and candy makes me fat.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I'm just spitting poo poo at the wall. I know it'd be expensive. He says it doesn't run and won't have pics til it's light.

Have you considered a 1.8 vvt swap from a nb Miata? Shouldn't be a difficult swap and not that expensive.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Besides being ugly, why does the pt cruiser get so much hate?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Rhyno posted:

5'8". No idea what my bmi was previously.

31.2 previously

27.4 now

Good job!

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Squat rack arrived. I assembled it and realized my 5 foot bar won't work with it so I have a proper sized one on the way now.

Being healthy is expensive!

Healthcare (in the United States) is even more expensive!

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
The thread about Z car got me thinking: Did Wangan Midnight raise the prices of early Z cars like Initial D did for AE86?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

funny Star Wars parody posted:

i just upgraded to an EVGA 1070 FTW and now i dont have any games that actually take advantage of it because until recently games as old as mass effect 2 sputtered

:sigh: at least i'm getting 150fps in overwatch on ultra

The humble store is having a sale right.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Sometimes I'll stream my games from my gaming pc to my htpc so I can play games from my couch.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Despite the initial sales boost, the Switch isn't doing to hot either. My wife bough one at launch, and while she loved the new Zelda and loves the switch, the lack of launch titles is really killing her interest in it.

Nintendo always seems to struggle to support their systems except for around the holidays.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I indulged at lunch (boss paid) and had two freaking potato skins and it was 450 loving calories! The waiter told me they weren't deep fried and he fuckin lied! Now I'm starving and don't want to go over my calorie allotment for the day.

One meal or cheat day isn't going to ruin your diet. Go eat dinner normally.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Daniel Tiger is awesome, but not as awesome as Mr. Rogers.

My niece loves Daniel the Tiger

redgubbinz posted:

Back in my day we watched Thomas the Tank Engine and we liked it.

My niece also loves Thomas the Tank Engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

funny Star Wars parody posted:

it depends on how much it's worth and how much money it'd cost to fix up. I reckon it's worth $30k but I'd also guess he has around $5-10k in cosmetic damage on it :v:

How bad is the cosmetic damage? I can't really tell from the photos.

• Locked thread