Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

That would really fit an Adam Warlock solo movie.

It's funny that the band Looking Glass hated the song "Brandy, you a fine girl" it's used to explain the motivation of a massive prick of a villain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Gyges posted:

Since Peter was the result of a quest to create a power boost so Ego could be the galaxy, doesn't that mean that Peter is actually full of light himself and doesn't actually need Ego to be a god? I mean, if you're lacking power, charging up an empty battery sure isn't helping you be more powerful.

Only as long as Ego existed/was alive. Otherwise in the end he wouldn't need the inflatabubble space suit.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

This thread is about MEEEEEE.

Stop. This is SMG's gimmick and you're a bad imitation.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Womyn Capote posted:

The only moment I said to myself "wow this is really dumb" was the pac-man punch. I honestly expected a giant dong as it was forming... Everything else in the movie was cool though.
Peter made use of a different level of immaturity.. As has been said, it's a callback to the things he said he was going to make. Essentially the script gave an eight year old a giant set of legos and he made a Pac-Man out of it.

The movie did miss one gag thought. The arrow scene should have had It's Raining Men by the Weathergirls playing.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Gyges posted:

How is Peter going to get the 3rd volume of Awesome Mix now that he doesn't have a tape player and he already listened to both his mom's mix tapes? Will Grandpa Quill introduce Peter to the majesty of Now That's What I Call Music?

Zune, dude.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Phylodox posted:

Yes? There's nothing mutually exclusive about loving one person and being callous about others. All of the other women (entities?) Ego had sex with were a means to an end, as were their children. Meredith was special to Ego, and those feelings transferred to Peter.

In the movie he states that the only reason it worked with Meredith was that he loved her. Of course, that's coming from a lying heel with an ego literally the size of a planet whose looking at the one kid who worked and will now (he hopes) allow him to do what he really wants.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

That's a good question. I might have to retract that bit.

They really need to name the next movie Guardians of the Galaxy: Zune.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

With the speed at which Gunn has been subverting expectations I could see Adam going after the Guardians but turning into a non threat almost immediately. Like the new kid at school whose goes to beat up a bully but almost immediately realizes that the kid he thought was a bully is having a lot of fun and is really cool.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

Well it's nice of you to include an example of bad design. Just makes things easier.

Other than making a "THROWS DOWN SUIT OF ARMOR" joke, I'm not enamored with this shot. Jor-el and Kal have about the same light level as the background and our eyes go down the hallway, ignoring the figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

See, that's how you make a thread all about MEEEEEE.

• Locked thread