Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

TACD posted:

Inspirational stuff.
Radical centrism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Hi, I'm a swole Conservative voter who has no time for these pussified leftist snowflakes.

But why are the EU bullying us!?!? Why!?!?!

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

spectralent posted:

Brian Cox, Prime Minister would be something to see. I have no idea what his policies are but it'd be nice to have someone not completely scientifically illiterate running things for a change.
I was going to say that this is as bad as the idea that Mark Zuckerberg would make a good President, but theres such a lack of any kind of competence in British politics that at this point I'm pretty sure that a just about anyone could do the job as well as May or any other MP for that matter.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

We need a radical centrist. Someone who says "I will do what the Tories do, but I will look sad when I do it". Thats the key to defeating May.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

hakimashou posted:

You need something different from what you've got, that's for sure.
The Labour Party as an entity no longer has any answers to the Conservatives. I'm pretty sure that the other leadership candidates that took part in the post-Milliband leadership contest two years ago would be on the road to receiving a spanking in the next election too because "Tories but sadface" pretty much summarised the lot of them.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

"You're very clever, young man, very clever," said the old lady. "But it's Tories all the way down!"
Basically only the Tories have any idea of how to come up with a story and sell it to the public. Every other political party just follows their lead. Even the push back against any kind of egalitarian policy is "but what if the Tories and the press don't like it and are mean to us?".

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

The libidinal desires that so many male politicians had towards Thatcher will never stop being funny.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Guavanaut posted:

I blame chemicals in the water.
I blame mummy issues and a desire to be dominated by a strong woman.

At least this is a good way to mock Farron in conversations though.

"Oh that guy, hes another one of those establishment types. You know the kind; career politician, no experience or knowledge outside of that limited scope, openly admits that he wants to gently caress Margaret Thatcher. They're all the same".

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

kapparomeo posted:

You mean the post that went "A whole bunch of posh folks block up the roads parking on verges so they can watch some other toffs run about in a field." I wonder what the Banwen Miners' Hunt feel about that.

The hunting ban was never for one second about animal welfare - I might be more sympathetic to it if it was, but any appeals to ending cruelty are hypocritical (when will we have a ban on angling, which also meddles with the environment and inflicts far more animal suffering on a far greater scale - and don't bother with the usual weaselly excuse about food, as most angling is catch-and-release) and an insincerely distant secondary concern to the main issue, to stick it to "the toffs" (and the thousands of working class people who participate in hunting are just class traitors anyway), to exact revenge for the miners' strike (in the words of Dennis Skinner), and latterly to get a few rah-rah-rahs in the Commons (as when the SNP declared that it would oppose relaxing the ban even though Scottish hunt laws are more liberal than English ones). Tony Blair needed to throw his left a bone to distract them after the Iraq War started falling to pieces and they obligingly gnawed on it.
In what way does the intent matter? It was plainly obvious what Blair was doing back when he pushed it through but its loving laughable that you've now attempting to defend fox hunting. Most people in this country do not think highly of blood sports and banning this one falls into that perspective. Sticking two fingers up at the toffs is just a bonus.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Having animals ripped apart for entertainment is bad IMO.
Yes, but what if it was banned just to annoy toffs? This complicates matters but ultimately my sympathies lie with them, for they know true oppression at the hands of tyrannical government.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

kapparomeo posted:

Then how do you respond to learnincurve's post about fox numbers collapsing after the ban? Under the ban animal suffering has only proliferated.
I would say that there are better ways to control the population of animals than through blood sports. The only reason you're swinging your arms defending this is because you have consistently sided with the British establishment on almost every issue.

Theres another tick against kapparomeo; he thinks that its fine to murder animals for your own amusement.

If it turns out that hes big into arson as well then I'm going to suspect that he might be a serial killer.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Regarde Aduck posted:

Remember that time someone was looking after an injured fox and a hunt noticed it and broke into his garden and murdered it. These people are totally normal and doing legitimate work and love nature.
I read this and all I could think was "kapparomeo would fail the Voight-Kampff test".

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Namtab posted:

This is one way for May to brush away her recent performance
It'll turn out it was an electrical fault, but she'll still say that she needs to see your WhatsApp messages.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Bit early to say its a terrorist attack. We don't even know if he was brown or not yet. For all we know it could just be a crazed, mentally troubled white man.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Sinteres posted:

Pretty sure Irish are white.
They're not white, they're Irish.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Theresa May must be in a real crisis right now. On the one hand, she wants to help out the children that have been injured. On the other hand, she doesn't want to feed them.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

My man have you considered that if we just gave genocide a try we'd find we'd enjoy it a lot? Just asking questions... *unsuccessfully tries to hide mein kampf behind back*
I'm getting fed up of all of these politically correct lefties from telling me that the solution to the worlds problems isn't a genocide against all Muslims (except Saudis). If you disagree with me on this, you hate free speech and endorse last nights attacks.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

new phone who dis posted:

This is where your snide elitism and failed policies get you. Walled up in a tiny sub-forum convincing each other of your righteousness while the ideology you follow gets bulldozed for being an abject failure.
I had no idea that Paul Joseph Watson posted here.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Importing shitloads of cheap labor or sending your good jobs abroad via "free trade" deals is 100% about undermining the labor force's negotiating leverage. Just like "right to work" laws are bullshit that also empower your employer. You idiots are being sold crony capitalism with a just enough progressive flavor and shaming to keep you on board and supporting it.
Alright, I see your problem; you think we're all liberals, but a substantial segment of this thread identify as being far further left than that.

But please, don't let me get in the way of you showing off your superiority to people by attempting to one up them on the same tiny sub-forum that you've mocked them for being a part of, especially when you're only here because they was a terrorist attack you want to use to feed your ego.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

The real logical endpoint to new phone who dis's ideology is "deport/persecute/kill all Muslims", but much like his fellow thinkers, hes too much of a pussy to come out and actually say it.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Only if you're building the biggest straw man ever to argue with. You can acknowledge the difficulty of having those communities and still manage them in a humanitarian way. You're going to get more attacks, but it's probably better than getting too extreme. I don't think it's unreasonable to want to stop importing people from the areas of the world where this ideology is popular in the meantime, though.
The actual leftist position on any kind of multicultural integration is pretty much what Pochoclo said, but I'd also say that a big part of that is making sure that you don't marginalise certain identities which would push them towards ideologies such as Islamism.

What you've done is consistently use dog whistle terms which in my mind don't differentiate you that much from your alt-right. Which means you're a double whammy of stupid and just really loving boring.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Arkane posted:

Islam is a "religion" that was started by a demented preacher turned warlord about 1400 years ago as a way to gain followers, gain land, behead Jews, enslave people, marry a lot of women as young as 9, and treat everyone that wasn't a Muslim like poo poo. The goal of this guy's religion is to convert, enslave, or kill, well, everyone on planet Earth.

It's now practiced by myriad races across the world, including white, black, brown, and everything in between.

The very large percentage of Muslims are good people that were born into the religion, and many of the women and homosexuals and others that don't conform to a male-dominated society are victims of this religion. A small, but sizable, minority tend to take the ramblings of the warlord from a millennia earlier literally and they wind up killing a lot of people in the process. Thousands of people each year die as a result of terrorism inflicted by these people, including tragically the events of last night.

There is exactly 0 overlap between "Islam" and "race" and you do a rather large disservice by conflating the two.
The only people that conflate religion and race are the far right. Its why there are so many stories of them assaulting Sikhs, Hindus and Jews on the perception that because of their physical features they are definitely Muslim.

Also, how the gently caress are you still on these forums? I'm getting a weird sense of nostalgia for your poo poo posting.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Hoops posted:

Spoons is spoons, but Greggs is so criminally underrated. Not like the steak bakes and that, everyone knows what's up there, but if you want a tuna mayo baguette it's literally half the price of any of Pret or Eat etc.
The tuna crunch? I knew I wasn't crazy for thinking it was brilliant.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

hakimashou posted:

Is T-May literally the british Hillary Clinton and J-Corbz the british trump?

The Greeks warned us all about hubris two thousand years ago but apparently nobody listens.
If May wins the next election I'll obviously be upset but at least we all saw that coming. If Corbyn becomes PM though, I'm going to lose faith in humanity altogether if you backtrack on your comments in the same way that you did your Brendan Rodgers prediction.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

hakimashou posted:

I don't know who brendan rodgers is.
This is pedantry Mr Flaps. We all look up to you and you let us down. We need strong and stable leadership in these times and you lead us astray.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Pissflaps posted:

How is not knowing who Brendan Rodgers is pedantry?
He was the manager of the biggest side in England.

Also if we're giving out Flaps avatars can I have one please.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

We are all Pissflaps.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Hubris innit

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Just to take this back to the threads foundations (video games), I like to think that when all of these Pissflaps accounts merge, the rest of us will merge with it in a manner very similar to the Helios ending of Deus Ex.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I know that everyone says that hope is a lie and so on, but I implore you to remember the joy and optimism you felt on the day you woke up and found out that David Cameron hosed a dead pig.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I'm not sure what I like more; Corbyn's surprisingly well expressed anti-War on Terror rhetoric or the Tories limp response to it.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

When looking at Corbyn's gains in the polls, I have two questions; 1) What would be the impact if he decided to campaign the second he was made Labour leader instead of the second he was declared leader, and 2) What would an aggressive left wing leader have done in his place?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

He's really not.
He keeps asking her questions as if shes his mother who is suffering from severe dementia.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Hoops posted:

David Cameron would have ran either of these two out of the building without pausing for breath
Nah, remember the debates that he basically demanded for 2010 which then did absolutely gently caress all for him?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Yeah British journalists talking about "lets get a bad deal, that would totally be awesome for us".

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

At the moment I like the fact that hes just got her to repeat an empty talking point about 10 times in the space of two minutes.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

UK is going to get hosed so, so hard in the negotiations when this loving plank is running the country.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

namesake posted:

Reminder that Brexit is actually going to be conducted by a series of total amateurs on our side with May getting increasingly angry at them when they don't immediately get all of her points in the agreement.
And she won't feel remotely threatened by this because the right wing press is going to cheer her on the entire way, all the while avoiding any negative results stemming from her incompetence and stupidity because they're actually because of the EU bullying us.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

TheRat posted:

Those 2001/2005/2015 numbers are really loving depressing.
2005 was actually the first year I was eligible to vote and the dynamic there between a really lovely Labour party that had taken us into a deeply unpopular war, and a Tory party still trying to shed its "nasty party" image by running a platform that was built on anti-immigration policy.

So yeah, all I'm saying is; I'm not loving surprised.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

This debate should be fun now. I haven't really watched much of his media appearances since, but I do remember his first leadership campaign where he managed to stand out in a positive way in just about any group debate because he didn't sound like a loving robot condescending to his audience.

Hoping Nuttals gets shut down very quickly just by referencing his lie about Hillsborough.

• Locked thread