Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

The Tories are shite. May is hopeless. Their campaign is garbage. Their Brexit position unravelling.

And they're going to walk this election.

Imagine what could have been if Labour had even a half way decent leadership team instead of the shower of shite its lumbered with.

If we're going to do alternate history fanfiction can't we do something interesting.

I'm going to imagine the Soviets just kept going after Berlin and the world is now full communism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

'lol it's just numbers' -Dianne Abbott

I get that it's pretty poo poo to gently caress up an interview like that, but do you think they just wing it when it comes to implementing the policy for real?

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Just had a coworker say that the reason public services are bad was because they're not run like businesses. When I pointed out they've got worse the more they're privatised she blamed 'bureaucrats'.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Breath Ray posted:

Tell him 9 out of 10 businesses fail in their first year

Her, and I did.

Apparently the problem with failing businesses/services is that they put the cleaner in charge because they know them.

EDIT: Also, she brought up a local school that was run by an ex-barclays exec, and then refused to tell me which one.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Bobstar posted:

Could they know that money doesn't make you happy, but no money certainly can make you miserable? And they're scared that if they don't cling onto the former category, they risk ending up in the latter?

Or am I endowing the rich with too much introspection?

Nah, they know the next million will be the one that makes them feel successful.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Pesmerga posted:

The centre-left is dead (and has been since the 80s, they just committed the longest, slowest suicide ever since). it's just a question of what we can replace it with.

Look in your heart, you already know the answer to that.

Fascism

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

gently caress off, Nazi.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Alertrelic posted:

I'd propose using Labour's vast sums of cash [...] to build [..] tanks

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Zephro posted:

" where practicable " seems like a possible get-out clause...

Except this suggestion is written by people who know less than nothing about the technology, so it's just going to end up like that 'draw a red line' skit.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

People who support Corbyn are causing people to die because they're taking away the centre left alternative to the Tory party.

This is your fault.

This is the stupidest thing you've ever written.

E: In this thread.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

hakimashou posted:

When they told you, maybe you should have listened.

Rich coming from a fascist, the ideology of all pathological losers.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

hakimashou posted:

The far left is an anti-Labour movement.

Good job the Labour party aren't far left then, you Nazi gently caress.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

serious gaylord posted:

Also I would question your first point entirely, since most corbynistas in here held there noses by voting lib dem and green previously.

He says to the lifelong Labour voters *faaaaart*

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Corbyn's talked in the past about bringing the immigration impact fund. Can't really argue about the impact of immigration if you're being reimbursed monetarily for it*!

*Who am I kidding, it's about ARE CULTURE

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

jabby posted:

BBC has announced it's election plans.

All of them after the registration cut off.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

learnincurve posted:

And then we go right back to commuters using them as free parking.

Only solution I can see is to have a manned A&E free parking area, staff parking area, and then a paid area but to do more work on encouraging people to use the existing bus services. Most people really don't need to bring the car and then bitch about how much it cost to park, when the busses cost much less and are free to a great number of hospital patients/visitors anyway.

And now it's a job creation scheme. Win win.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

This is probably a good move. It'll stop the Pissflaps of the UK voting tory purely to dethrone Corbyn.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Obligatory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4QC5XfEXUM

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

The Insect Court posted:

Not that there's anything new with the "Corbyn's brilliant master plan was always to lose horribly" excuse from the Corbynistas, but it's always nice to hear it laid out so clearly and insanely.

So if by some miracle Corbyn doesn't lead the Labour party into a slaughter in the election and a colossal 100+ seat Tory majority, does that mean by your "logic" he's failed because not enough of the hated Blairites/Reptilians have been purged by the electorate?

I suppose you'd know about losing.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Labour manifesto's been leaked, apparently.

E:
https://twitter.com/twcuddleston/status/862318921604620289
Also, Jezza picked up speaker to help someone out. The replies are even criticising him for that.

Praseodymi fucked around with this message at 21:21 on May 10, 2017

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

There's no such thing as middle class, hth.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Paxman posted:

I'm not sure what the second part of this post means, but my claim that "most of Labour's policies cited here are pretty much the same as they were before Corbyn became leader" is based on looking at the policies cited in the post I quoted and comparing them to the policies before Corbyn became leader, ie when Ed Miliband was leader.

Why don't you just compare it to Miliband's manifesto instead of a bunch of random quotes and articles? That seems fairer.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Party Boat posted:

Most corporate systems have the luxury of saying conform or die and letting that rub out non standard processes. Public sector doesn't (or shouldn't).

Why is this different in the public/private sector?

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Firos posted:

At uni the password for our router was doorcuplightshit. According to a random website I just looked at it would take 35 thousand years to crack. It also has the added benefit of being really easy to remember even 6 years later. I still maintain these are the best passwords for ease of memorisation and difficulty to crack.

Except password crackers are now targeting strings of common words. Having 'poo poo' in there means you're probably okay though.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

But this is a problem that has to be sorted eventually. What're we supposed to do, just ignore it and let the systems get older and older?

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Have we talked about this loving disgusting piece from the Scum? https://twitter.com/therubykid/status/863331572010897408

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Pesky Splinter posted:

Favourite book too :hfive:

If you're talking about Night Watch then yeah, it's the best.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Are we being brigaded by Americans telling us how wrong are politics are?

Now I know how the Cubans/Ecuadorians/Vietnamese/etc. feel.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

What's wrong with communists? They should be in charge of everything.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

This is the most nuanced observation I've read in this thread for some time.

That's because you tend not to read nuance.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

No, it was Hu.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

So is everyone in agreement that without the second leadership election Labour would be polling well ahead of the Tories now?

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

mediadave posted:

but you can still say the IRA were a terrorist group. I mean, they literally were.

Except that "Terrorist Group" is a massively loaded term that basically just means "people we don't like".

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Bape Culture posted:

I actually think we should destroy Saudi Arabia and any other state that pushes Wahhabism through their mental global wealth.

They wouldn't have any power if the West didn't prop them up.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

WMain00 posted:

Kiss goodbye to transport then, or any sort of energy that requires oil.

So we stop global terrorism, and as a side effect we also don't destroy the planet through climate change?

What's the downside?

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

WMain00 posted:

You die a slow death from cold and starvation because the resources required to transport large quantities of food, water and resources aren't available without the use of fossil fuels.

Make it a quick death and you've got a deal.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

My man have you considered that if we just gave genocide a try we'd find we'd enjoy it a lot? Just asking questions... *unsuccessfully tries to hide mein kampf behind back*

You mean more genocide.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

new phone who dis posted:

This is where your snide elitism and failed policies get you. Walled up in a tiny sub-forum convincing each other of your righteousness while the ideology you follow gets bulldozed for being an abject failure.

Pictured, Abject Failure:

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

I mean, I was mostly going for the smashed Nazi's that picture represents but w/e.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

Is it fair to blame the increased security presence and paranoia following 7/7 for the shooting of Jean Charles de Menezes?

• Locked thread