Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

jabby posted:

I feel like this ad would work better if Corbyn was still as incredibly unpopular as he was at the start of the campaign. Now it literally just describes the election, albeit with Corbyn having come down with a bad case of the black-and-whites.

I'd just like to ask everyone in the thread for an actual topic as opposed to bargaining our lightbulbs. Why do you think that Corbyn has gone up in peoples estimations over this election campaign?

I mean I like the ideas expressed by him and am in favour of most of his policy positions, and I'd like to hope that it's like that for everyone, but what do you guys think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

I thought it might be something like that. Though I was wondering if you asked people where exactly the narrative change comes from would you get a specific answer.

jBrereton posted:

Because the government has shown in a very blatant way how bad + vacuous it is?

This as well seems to be a major thing. It really is surprising how much the current government is shooting itself repeatedly in the foot.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

forkboy84 posted:

He has a lot to answer for. Every twatty TV journalist/news type wants to be him too. And it's the same on the radio. It's a nation of idiots trying to replicate Paxman interviewing Michael Howard. And it is both boring & utterly useless at conveying information & at holding politicians to account. Because they all get used to it.

Except, judging by reactions in this thread, a certain Theresa May.

Holy Balls.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

TheRat posted:

In case anyone was wondering which direction the guardian was leaning:

Jesus when did the Guardian become so poo poo at knowing what it's readers want/ how to market itself.

I mean did corbyns election break them this badly?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

thehappyprince posted:

let the guardian die and give all of the donations to a new paper that does the investigative journalism without giving idiots like toynbee, kettle and moran 6 figure salaries imo

6 figures. What the blue perfect hell?

I could write better hot takes in less time for 6 figures. Give me a job Guardian, I don't know anything but I can look reasonable in a suit!

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Blasmeister posted:

Rename the thread 'the seductive power of Jeremy Corbyn', tia

I now have a terrifying image of Corbyn in the James Bond role. There is an extended sequence where he looks very concernedly at M and talks about how we shouldn't really be destabilizing this country.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Hoops posted:

The problem with all of this is that this time next year we'll have Boris as prime minister and Trump in the White House.

I'd like to think that the one good cartoonist that the Guardian has, the guy who predicited the Trump would not be able to physically "See" Corbyn, was correct and we could have the sight of Corbyn offering Jam making tips to Donald Trump.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Skinty McEdger posted:

I really want to know more about Corbyn's nice chat with the Queen.

I get the feeling they'd get on quite well.

Knew the music before it even loaded.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Irony Be My Shield posted:

That's probably right. I believe The Guardian has to go to print earlier than other papers, I remember some editorial a while ago talking about how they couldn't get the "one small step for man" quote the day after due to it.

Oh come on, they surely can't be using the same system from the time of the moon landings... Oh who am I kidding they probably are.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Holy gently caress.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Oh dear, I once had someone comment that that style of hair "looked like they were wearing the tip of a penis".

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Oberleutnant posted:

Jeremy you've said that people shouldn't be abused based on just doing their jobs, but what if their job is as an IRA bomber, Jeremy? Jeremy why do you hate Britain you traitor? :britain: :britain:

Bloody hell. Can you imagine anyone else in politics doing this?

Say what you will about the man but he seems like a Dostoyevsky protagonist at some points!

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

-backseating, accidental post-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

peanut- posted:

The idea that Theresa May is sitting somewhere watching Amber Rudd do this is so odd

I have seen the Thick of It. I think I know which bit it mirrors.

• Locked thread