Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Theresa May is a creepy PM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

God I'm so angry

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

TinTower posted:

According to everyone's favourite psephologist John Curtice, UKIP are down about by about 15%.

They've also lost every single seat they were defending. Every. Single. One.

This may mean that they'll be lucky to hit 8% of the vote on a map that went 22% UKIP in 2013.

Which must mean a large number of voters have gone Labour -> UKIP -> Conservatives

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

I despise my name and would change if I could be bothered

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

jBrereton posted:

There's an awful lot of words and very few numbers in that article. Here's my take:

This is a lot of pedantry to defend an analysis that was vague and misleading. Consensus - among whom? More taxation - in what way?

Also lol that economics can only be talked about in terms of numbers and graphs

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

May's lead has halved in a really short amount of time, guess we're going to see some old-fashioned Crosby-style dogwhistles soon

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

This is all so hosed

But also:

https://twitter.com/Channel4News/status/866817907526959105

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Vultures everywhere. I echo thread sentiments that today is a '95% of what's said shouldn't be' kind of day.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

vulture

vulture

vulture

vulture

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Theresa May really is bad isn't she

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

The audience are on Paxman's side this time

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Not only is May really bad, she's incredibly boring

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

I didn't even think Corbyn did that well (he pleased me but I wasn't sure about ye olde swing voters), but I don't know how you can like prefer May after this

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Jeremy Corbyn is actually good

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

I expect pantomime boos

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

This audience is brutal

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

This has to be horrible to watch if you're a Tory

e: 1340 sees the Battle of Sluys where almost the entire French fleet was destroyed by the English, therefore Europe needs us more than we need them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

My basic takehome from the debate was that it was worse for the Conservatives than it was good for Labour. Corbyn wasn't stellar, just competent. May however looks worse than ever

• Locked thread