Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Seaside Loafer posted:

I don't think that's true, I was on the universal credit September and November last year and I think there was a 'pay the rent straight to the landlord' option in it. I didn't choose that option because I didn't want her to know in case she kicked me out but I think its possible. It didn't cover the full rent but it was most of it. On less expensive places it probably would I guess. I don't understand the mentality, if you look on the website spareroom.co.uk practically every ad says 'No DSS'. This is stupid, if its a good person you cant loose if they are on benefits.

I think you need to watch some of Channel 5's quality programming. On benefits is very bad. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Tom Watson will come out to support him by issuing a statement that he regularly knocks one out in front of Babestation.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Goons, join us for LOCAL ELECTION NIGHT SPECIAL Question Time in #ukgoons on synIRC.

quote:

David Dimbleby chairs topical debate from Wigan. On the panel are David Davis, Rebecca Long-Bailey, Paul Nuttall, Leanne Wood and the CEO of Siemens UK Juergen Maier.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

TinTower posted:

I'm pretty sure Farron ruled out any coalition on the front page of the Observer a couple weeks back.

How do you feel about that old Tim Farrons as leader of the party you are committed to to an extent that disconcerts even me?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Hoops posted:

Looks weak. Head's too small.

That's not very nice.

I like the look of that Barry Gardiners. He is very good at speaking and doing politics. He also has a strange, enigmatic intensity about him like you wonder if he might be a wizard.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Meanwhile in Northern Ireland.

quote:

A DUP election candidate's false claim in promotional literature that he visited soldiers in Afghanistan has been blamed on a printing error.
An election leaflet for David Simpson claims that he "visited British troops on the frontline of Afghanistan".
The former Upper Bann MP was due to visit in 2010 but was prevented from going to the war-torn country because he was too big to fit in a flak jacket.
As a result, the Army prevented him from travelling.
A DUP spokesman said Mr Simpson had "witnessed the bravery of our soldiers in Iraq", rather than Afghanistan, and the claim on the election leaflet was due to a "printing error".

Darn those printers!! :bahgawd:

But wait, there's more!

quote:

Mr Simpson was due to be accompanied on the 2010 Afghanistan trip to visit soldiers of the Royal Irish Regiment and Irish Guards by the former Ulster Unionist peer Lord Maginnis but he was also unable to fit into an armoured jacket.
At the time, the Ministry of Defence (MoD) said: "Nobody is allowed to board an aircraft to Afghanistan without correctly fitting body armour.
"The MoD provides a whole range of sizes, but regrettably none was suitable on this occasion.
"We recognise the importance of MPs visiting Afghanistan, but this trip has been postponed while we try to source sufficiently-sized body armour."

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Goons, I will be in the Question Time audience this coming Thursday. :spiderguy:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Brendan Rodgers posted:

drat this has been a good day for Jezza, what was that IRC channel you guys used?

ukgoons on synirc, it's always in OP. Everyone needs to come along for election night.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Sapozhnik posted:

Young Tories... christ. Even Tories hate Young Tories.

See, you're supposed to go on a long journey of intellectual discovery over many decades to independently come to the conclusion that actually being an amoral shithead is the mature and responsible thing to do. You're not supposed to just immediately jump into being a oval office with both feet, that's just taking the piss and makes our Mature Position on Tough Choices look silly.

There was one of them who offed himself a couple of years ago due to being bullied by other young Tories. I shall say no more.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
There is absolutely no way she would do it b/c she thinks 99% of the population are idiot scumbags and wants them kept as far away from her as possible.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

ookiimarukochan posted:

Have some election material that I got through my door yesterday

Strange thing for Richard Hatch to have faked his death to pursue.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
The cleaning lady at work always has a stash of those magazines on the go. I like to read the readers' tips and the stories about ghosts.

I only recently learned when I asked why some magazines disappear and then reappear some time later that she is part of a network of other ladies and there is a mind-bogglingly complex magazine exchange system in place.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Those children are gaining valuable work experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Crowsbeak posted:

Those leaflets look like the design of seventeen magazine circa 2006.

We like beer, bingo and reading trashy magazines!!! :toot:

What we need is a nationwide campaign to keep older people utterly distracted for a day on the 8th of June. I'm thinking give them coupons for discounts on some product they just can't resist at shops that involve a full day's travel.

• Locked thread