Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

LemonDrizzle posted:

10) EU side felt May was seeing whole thing through rose-tinted-glasses. "Let us make Brexit a success" she told them.

Such a strange way to state things, like she's trying to win their votes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Skinty McEdger posted:

It's consistent with the language she uses in leaks from cabinet meetings. This is apparently how she interacts with people.

"Hello darling, hope your nights sleep was a success. Let's make a success of breakfast."

The fact that it seems increasingly likely that she will win the next election makes me feel a bit depressed. What would she count as a success anyway?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

BigHandsVince posted:

You should try braces, it's like a whole new world!
I'm a new convert this week and when walking/digging it's a night-and-day difference!

Being unemployed I find that I am doing more gardening and I don't think the belt is helping so this sounds great. Where do you get your from and do they have sizes or is it more of a one size fits all type thing?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

BigHandsVince posted:

I'm pretty sure that these are the ones I bought.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brimarc-M...ZMAAOSwDNdVjrA8

There are completely adjustable and one size. There are slides on the front straps that allow you to adjust the length to get the tension that you want. These ones (Brimarc?) have really heavy-duty clips compared to the cheap-o ones I was using before, they're well made.

Sounds good, thanks.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Zephro posted:

Just do your gardening in salopettes?

Hmmmm, maybe I will.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

big scary monsters posted:

Free yourself of the oppression trouser regime and do your gardening wearing a liberating utilikilt.

I don't think I could stand the cultural appropriation I would be perpetrating.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Had a leaflet put through the door from the Lib Dems that had two guys pointing at a pot hole in the road, reminded me of this.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

LemonDrizzle posted:

hello thread good morning and please remember to do a democracy today

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/860011105808113664

Done.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

People are jumpy today. Parts of Newport city centre have been shut down because of a suspicious device.. You can tell the bomb robot is from Newport, it casually strolls up to the car, smashes a window and nicks a handbag.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Total Meatlove posted:

There's one of the biggest events in Europe happening 10 miles down the road this week so you can expect a bit of jumpiness

Pro12 final is in Ireland mate.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

forkboy84 posted:

Umm, SPFL playoff between Dundee United & Hamilton Academical is in Dundee mate, that's a bit more than down 10 miles down the road from Swansea.

Newport is a bit more than 10 miles down the road from Swansea.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Baron Corbyn posted:

What event is Total Meatlove actually talking about?

Selby is defending against Gonzalez tomorrow so maybe that one. It is a bit of a big deal.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Baron Corbyn posted:

Brussels I think? I was in Cardiff for the Welsh one. It was weird seeing armed police and security checkpoints everywhere.

Actual summit was in Newport as well.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Pochoclo posted:

Good lord. This woman has to be self-aware, she has to be thinking "haha idiots believing me", I refuse to believe otherwise

I thought that but someone posted this on a different forum.

quote:

I heard a radio interview with an Irish journalist who met her while doing a piece on her, and it would appear she's an even more vile piece of poo poo in person, hard as that might be to believe.

quote:

From what this lady was saying Hopkins was racist and offensive in an almost casual fashion from the moment she met her, long before the formal interview was to start. I sounded like it took every ounce of self restraint to stop the journalist from choking her within minutes of meeting

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Is it a good idea for Corbyn to say he never met with the IRA when he himself has talked about his own meeting with two convicted IRA terrorists? Opens himself up to accusations of lying.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

TheRat posted:

He said he didn't meet IRA - he met Sinn Féin.

I know, but people are bound to be all over the fact that McLoughlin & Quigley were convicted IRA terrorists.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Pochoclo posted:

Person is taking more pain drugs in an hour than I take a year, hmm, sounds okay to work

Yeah, we've all probably done a days work when in a bit of pain but this is ridiculous.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I've never seen lightning like that before it was fascinating to watch. Going out into my back garden a second before the sky decided to dump a years worth of rainfall on it wasn't such a good idea though.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Aww he deleted it. Here's a bad print screen

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

You can really feel his love of terrorism coming from those videos.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Not Operator posted:

They really, really make me want to see Theresa May tend goal for five minutes.

Do you think she'd do a Boris and rush out of the goal, shoulder barging the kid?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I'd like Corbyn to do this with a wider variety of sports. Going to a boxing gym and sparring with a couple of 10 year olds, getting the ice hockey gear on and slap shotting his way to glory and the image of him completing a slam dunk would have the election in the bag.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

This election is really unhinging some people. I've just seen someone say that Corbyn has no concept of good/evil, right/wrong and just/unjust. Even if you don't like the man you can't come to a conclusion like that without leaving reality a little.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Not sure I'm gonna trust this man on good and evil:

My terrible avatar choice has come back to haunt me.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

thehappyprince posted:

i look forward to reading his guardian column

He's basing it on the fact that Corbyn is BFFs with the IRA, Hamas, Hezbollah, his paid appearances on Iranian state TV, his support for the Russians in the Crimean conflict and Syria, his support for Milosevic in Kosovo, his support for Castro and Gaddafi and countless brutal Latin American regimes. He says basically any time the Americans or the Jews are on one side of a conflict, you can be sure Corbyn will be on the other.

What can you do when faced with such overwhelming evidence.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Rakosi posted:

The way young men are treated in these industries is loving atrocious. Every single one of my friends who work in construction/mechanics has gone through some period/kind of hazing at the hands of the 'lads' who've worked on the site/firm for longer. These kind of jobs are infected with "old boys" cliques. I'm getting married in a week and my future brother-in-law just turned 20 and is, because of his age, on half the pay of the skinny alcoholics that make up the majority of the scaffolders he works with, despite being able and willing to do four times the work they can.

I've worked on building sites and come in for some 'banter' and have to be honest I didn't really mind it. But it was nothing like what that poor boy went through pretty shameful.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

HJB posted:

There goes the Welsh vote.

Hahaha like that matters.

Oh I just made myself feel sad :(

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

ookiimarukochan posted:

Have some election material that I got through my door yesterday

Wonder if that orb gives him +2 leadership. Also how doe he expect to draw that sword when it's strapped to his back? I don't think this fantasy drawing is quite right.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Interesting if true

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

That quote from Stephen F of London is amazing.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Nice to know Hamilton hasn't stopped chatting poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

His Divine Shadow posted:

Too bad ole Tone's retired, he'd win this.

I wonder what would have happened to the Labour party and British politics of John Smith had not died.

• Locked thread