Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

mutata posted:

Wow, so that era of Valve is well and truly dead. It ended years ago, but this was the last confirmation that it's permanent that I needed.

Gaben can sleep well at night knowing that Valve will never truly release neither a bad game, nor one the majority of gamers would call "A bit disappointing".

The figured out a mathematical formula at Valve that revealed the longer a game development company is around, the larger the possibility is that the company would release a title that falls under one of those two above descriptors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Palpek posted:

Is there any game that comes close to featuring the studio's boss as an in-game character 3D modelled in detail complete with his glasses, having super stats and being at one point refered to as "God"?

I guess you could say Iwata in Breath of the Wild, but I don't think the devs will ever fully admit it.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Quest For Glory II posted:

hi everyone i'm back from my trip and E3 is already 6 weeks away so I'm gonna get the E3 thread ready for.. monday i guess??

apparently there might even be stuff on the weekend this year. i guess they want to stretch this laffy taffy as thin as possible

Oh no is the E3 PC Gaming Summit Conference Whatever back again this year? Has anything ever really been announced there?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Death is the only Horseman to ever be mentioned by name in Revelations. The others are left open to interpretation.

Take a look, it's in a book.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Real hurthling! posted:

Giant bomb says that prey 2017 will delete prey 2006 if purchased on steam and 2006 is not available to redownload if it happens to you

Did this happen with Doom last year? Is original Doom available to buy standalone on Steam?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

trying to put together a list of games that will be at E3 for the thread on monday and it's like, wow there's not a whole lot.

Don't forget Geoff has already announced he's doing something...well something like he always does for E3 this year with interviews and stuff.

Probably will lift his spirits after that venture he tried to get off the ground, even with the entire support of YouTube Gaming failed to catch on last fall.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Lizard Wizard posted:

I am quietly curious about the Mario x Rabbids crossover.

"We are giving you temporary custody of the Rabbids license until this whole takeover gets resolved."

"Do you want them back after it's done?"

"Nnnnnnnnnnnah you can keep 'em."

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
At first I disregarded all this 'wich talk but then I recalled that I don't get people who call bagels sandwiches.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Prey 2006 was one of those games that was in production for so long there were concepts in the game the developers knew were there, but don't remember exactly who added them in or what purpose they served in the final game.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Real hurthling! posted:

https://youtu.be/caVFyID9PTY
Exclusive footage of halo fest 2017

I can't believe it's almost been 10 years since Halo 3.

I've had this cat helmet on my desk for almost an entire decade.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

The Colonel posted:

i loving loved halo 2, i thought it was the one most people considered the best of the trilogy

I mean people certainly thought that about the multiplayer.

I don't know how it feels to go through the single-player these days. Especially since there's an entire other Halo game to satisfy your urban combat needs if that was your favorite part of 2.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Palpek posted:

That's 100% sure. I don't know what company owns the Hitman IP. If it's Square then if the game sold under Square's expectations to the point of them letting IO go then I doubt they plan on developing Hitman any time soon even with a different studio. If IO owns the IP then I doubt that a new investor they find would want to continue Sqaure's publishing ideas so they'd probably rather develop a new Hitman if not focus on an entirely different IP.

I remember last year there were rumors that Microsoft was open to selling Lionhead instead of shutting them down but the problem was that any potential buyers also wanted the Fable IP as part of the purchase which Microsoft refused to include, so those talks never went anywhere.

IP is valuable even if the company never does anything substantial with it.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Okay I changed my mind I don't want Ridley Scott to write and direct a new Metroid game anymore.

This new Alien lore keeps getting more and more dumb.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

I thought we all agreed to bury "Make ____ Great Again!" as an ironic slogan.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Sefal posted:

I stand corrected.
I had no idea some of those games were kickstarters. I was wrong. Don't like all of them but FTL is fun as gently caress.

I do think we have reached a point where your Kickstarter is likely to be more successful if it doesn't have a "Joe Video Game: Inventor of the VIdeo Game" factor involved. Like eventually gamers learned that maybe these former high ranking guys who either left or were "Let go" from their companies, that it happened for a good reason. Whether it was ego, going over budget while missing deadlines, or some other various factors.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

corn in the bible posted:

the article is right though

It wouldn't be so bad if, y'know Valve still made games. Like it wouldn't technically fix anything but it'd actually be something to note in their favor.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

wizard on a water slide posted:

ya, steam is a useful and functional platform and PC gaming needs stuff like that and can't just be the wild west if it wants to compete with consoles and be a large enough market for console devs to release on it, but a lot of gamers have this weird thing with corporations they think are their cool pals because they produce something fun and good and aren't like, the worst employers or exploiters in the economy

the whole disney phenomenon, which also applies to companies like nintendo

Yeah but I already know the companies who make games I like, like them, do plenty of lovely things.

I don't think that's ever really caught up with Valve until recently. Like within the last year or two.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Guy Mann posted:

It's a music rights issue, Why they don't just take out the licensed track instead of memory hole-ing the entire game? :iiam:

Then you end up with the current situation Symphony of the Night is in. You can buy SOTN sure, but you can't buy a digital copy that has the OG ending theme anymore. That poo poo is gone.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Wait if every Ubisoft game going forward has to have a service then what is BG&E2 going to do? You couldn't microtransaction that game of all games!

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The prohibitive list does not exclude the Virtual Boy exclusive Jack Bros. so expect someone in a Jack Frost mascot suit to crash the party midway through.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The dog is actually Hitler, THE Hitler but you don't find out until an after credits stinger and only if you acquire every collectable in the game.

This plot point is expanded on in the DLC.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Back to the days of quality Mario crossovers.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

a reminder that Roblox is one of the most popular games on PC because of kids

it's a Minecrafty thing where you make your own games in it. it looks like poo poo and it's super popular because I guess kids had to go somewhere when club penguin died

my nephews and nieces are into it and it looks like a trash Second Life but if Second Life was popular with not just fetish communities

Isn't Second Life super profitable not for the company behind it but like, the people who make bucks off of fake rabbits and fake rabbit food? And there was that whole story a few days ago about trade embargo or something and now the rabbits are gonna go into an endless hibernation.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Bicyclops posted:

Licensing stuff is pretty profitable if you don't care about anything but like, Pachinko machine profits.

This is why there's Pahps for almost every single loving IP in existence.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

When the rapture hits not only are the dead brought back to life from nothing but they are back to their physically sexual peak.

Don't ask why it's just a quirk of the program Jesus wrote.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
No, no you can't kill the Joe Capcom!

quote:

Learned some new details over the weekend. I'm going to try to keep it vague and not confirm any characters specifically to avoid ending up on Eventhubs or whatever.

- 28 character launch roster, I know all of them but 1 for sure and I think I might know who the last one is.
- No Ace Attorney, Viewtiful Joe, Final Fight or Okami characters. No Ms. Marvel, no X-Men or F4 to speak of.
- Of the remaining cast there's one returning MvC2 character, nine characters coming back from 3 (ten if the last character is who I think it is) and only four more newcomers.
- I know of one DLC character besides Sigma and he's coming back from MvC2, not sure if he's scheduled for this year or next year.

There's definitely some cool surprises left but I get the impression most people are going to be disappointed.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Looper posted:

I'm still "marveling" at how you can make an MvC game without any x men

I mean if everything some of these guys have been saying is true Black Panther isn't even in the initial retail release so we don't even have a "Who needs Wolverine when you have BP?" scenario.

He'll probably be DLC released around the time his movie launches. Probably as free "Thank you for supporting the game" DLC at this rate.

Edit: Ah y'know what, here I guess this is the full roster:

quote:

I was just given permission to share this.

Arthur
Chris
Chun-Li
Dante
Firebrand
Jedah
Monster Hunter
Morrigan
Nemesis
Ryu
Spencer
Strider Hiryu
X

Ant-Man
Captain America
Captain Marvel
Doctor Strange
Gamora
Hawkeye
Hulk
Iron Man
Nova
Rocket/Groot (this is how the character was named to me; I’m not sure if it’s just Rocket Raccoon with Groot assists or a redesigned character actually called Rocket/Groot)
Spider-Man
Thanos
Thor
Ultron

The Capcom side is missing a character, but it’s probably someone like Frank West.

Viewtiful Jew fucked around with this message at 01:05 on May 31, 2017

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

LawfulWaffle posted:

I'm v excited to play as my favorite character, Monster Hunter

He's like the Villager, only instead of collecting things he loves to carve things up for their drops.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
How the hell did Chulip only get a 57?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
BBC stands for Big Beautiful Coconut.

• Locked thread