Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Zaggitz posted:

Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky the 3rd will be out May 3rd, OP.

Still not in the OP... disgraceful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lakbay posted:

Does everyone focus on one game at a time, juggle a bunch of games at once, or buy games but just go back to dota 2/overwatch/rocket league/etc

I focus on one game at a time

Almost always one game at a time. If I try to switch off one usually ends up grabbing me more than the other so I end up finishing it first.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

I hear they're going to make one of these but set in space.

With the rate of technological advancement in the Trails world I wouldn't be surprised.

:haw:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I dunno if anyone's actually seen him without the mask on.

There are photos of him out there if you really want to know

Sakurazuka posted:

She now has a chain thingy so they can make the combat even more like God of War.

Please don't have random loot this time. :(

Yes please. 2 annoyed me so much that I never even finished it. There was no satisfaction in exploring or fighting optional enemies or anything in that game.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Harrow posted:

I'm itching for another good turn-based JRPG to play after Persona 5

Play the Trails series

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Harrow posted:

I've heard that's really good. Do I need to start at the beginning, or is there a good jumping-on point anywhere else? I'm cool either way, just wondering which one to get first if I jump in.

Definitely start with Trails in the Sky 1 on whatever platform is most convenient to you and then just play through them all in order. The release order for the english translations is a little wonky as they skipped over 3 games after the first two Trails in the Sky to get to Trails of Cold steel, but we're getting Trails in the Sky 3 tomorrow and maybe someday we'll get the other two skipped games.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In mass effect I used the default Shepard but only because I couldn't stand ME1's customization options. All faces besides the default looked like generic NPCs and I didn't like the idea of playing through the whole series like that. If they'd put a default female Shepard or made the customization not awful I'd have gladly used a different face.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It's in universe and is supposed to be tongue in cheek. It's a bizarre thing to get worked up over.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

LA Noire is a good example of a game that had a lot of potential in its core gameplay but squandered it with bad writing, unnecessary open world nonsense and poorly done action, and a lack of focus on crafting interesting well put together mysteries for the player to solve. The handful of cases that are good work really really well so it's unfortunate about the rest of the game.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Harrow posted:

I haven't actually played those yet! Trails in the Sky is on my list after I do some Etrian Odyssey. Going by videos it looks like its combat is halfway between Grandia and FFX, in that you move around a 2D field but it's also fully turn-based instead of pseudo-ATB, right?

It's turn based yeah, but turns are a bit fluid since high speed gets you more turns, you can delay enemy turns (and be delayed yourself), magic takes two turns to cast and usually comes with a significant delay so that has to be planned around. It's a really fun system that's not quite like any other game I've ever played.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

ammo is very scarce just by scavenging, but you can shove all the garbage you find looting the station into these big fancy recycling bins that breaks them into resources, and then you can chuck those resources in fabricators you can find to generate ammunition and equipment

There's really something oddly satisfying about shoving a ton of garbage into there and having it turn into cute little cubes

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I always spend a short amount of time in any game where you hunt animals seeing if it's gonna be at all viable to play it without doing so.

It's usually not because upgrades are locked behind it so I just shrug and give in.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

I always try to go 100% nonlethal if games will let me and I usually end up having a terrible time because of it because it's either way harder or just plain unfun because the option was added as an afterthought.

I did have a lot of fun playing Alien Isolation this way.

Of course literaly every person dies in that game anyway, but hey at least I didn't kill 'em.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

They should play one of the SMT games where you actually kill the christian god

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm not a huge fan of how the final resolution of the cases works (the possibility of getting it wrong sounds neat but in practice doesn't add a whole lot to the game) but yeah it's a pretty cool mystery game

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Berseria is the best Tales game you can get on anything.

Are there ever going to be any side quests in this one? I'm playing it right now and am enjoying it a ton, but it seems weird that I've been at it for 20+ hours and it's been more linear and with less side content than even Zestiria was. It's not necessarily a bad thing I'm just curious

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Good to know! Thanks

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Gross

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Those chests are extremely sassy

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

LawfulWaffle posted:

:siren:Hot take incoming:siren:

I think picking something like that as your fursona is just a symptom of the underlying problem, where representing yourself as an animal is no longer enough to make you suitably special. Furries have become too commonplace, there is now a whole pantheon of otherkin dopes who find it very important that everyone know that they identify as a fallen unicorn or a wood fairy or pallet of colors. Being a glass dog means primarily that this person either already owned a glass statue of a dog or saw one and thought it was too cool to ignore, and has a secondary property of letting the person be more unique (better) than other vanilla furries. The man who says "I am a glass dog" finds no equal among the regular hounds and wolves but looks down upon them as if he was further along some expanding mind graph.

Furry culture is the act of legitimizing pretend play as a way to invent qualities for yourself instead of actually developing qualities. I disagree when you say that fursonas are chosen because they represent the furry; fursonas are chose to project qualities, not magnify them. Someone would pick a fox so that other people can immediately know that the person is clever or quick, regardless of the individual's actual qualities. It all boils down to wanting to be special but finding the solution in embracing the imagination instead of the corporeal, and yes I do think all furries are annoying sadbrains thank you for asking.

That's a rock fact!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In Training posted:

Cant believe its already time for a new fire emblem game

It's the first one I haven't bought on release in the last 10 years and I feel bad but there's so many games this year...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In Training posted:

If its any consolation this game doesnt seem very good

Oh no

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

raditts posted:

I wanted to start something new last night, so I fired up one of the Shantae games, Risky's Revenge, I apparently bought on sale like 2 years ago after people 'round these parts were gushing so much about them.
And... it's dull as poo poo? I played up through the second boss and it's nicely animated but boy is the gameplay boring as hell, I was surprised to see it was made in 2010. Are the other games better? Does this one get better after a while?

Risky' Revenge is ok but is not the one people were gushing about. That's Pirate's Curse. The new one, 1/2 Genie Hero is pretty good too but Pirate's Curse is by far the best one.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

StrixNebulosa posted:

He looks like a generic white guy,??????

I think the real revelation here is that Lurdiak has the hots for Pewdiepie

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The White Dragon posted:

but you shouldn't, because it's a badgame. it starts strong, but oh boy does it just go downhill. there's literally a boss where the strategy is "have the guy with Counter cast Counter one time because all of the boss's attacks are physical-type (and thus counterable), if you do anything else the boss's stats and speed are so astronomically high that you will die"

the next boss is "hope that you bring the right character and that you got the right rare drops because you need dispel on account of this boss casts a regen spell so powerful that it fully heals it and you can't outdamage the heals"

there's also a dungeon that kicks you back to the entrance and makes you run through the area again (and respawns all the monsters) if you give the wrong binary answer, except both answers make sense and there's absolutely no way to tell what the game expects of you

Hence why he said you could do worse by playing it

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CJacobs posted:

You could not pay me enough money to click on the angry birds video

Missing out on some insanely timely references to current events!

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh poo poo!

That slide was supposed to say turtle SHELLS, wasn't it

*pats u on the head*

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I'm going to whine here because I'm on vacation and just got extremely nauseous and cramped stomach for the first time in years. So now I'm laid out in my hotel room hoping this goes away by tomorrow.

At least I brought Wild Arms to entertain myself. :(

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Cool I think my PC just died

Much like us all one day :hai:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

Maybe instead of fighting each other, Nintendo and Sony fans should team up to defeat Xbox

I dunno Microsoft seems to be handling that well enough on their own

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Anyone who has a vaguely humanoid avatar, I just subconsciously read the text of the post as dialogue from that avatar

That's the right way to do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

My avatar is cool but a rude person changed my title. I don't want to change it back b/c I'm afraid they'll change my avatar to a butt or something.

As long as dancing Paz is there who cares all is well

• Locked thread