Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Blame Yoko Taro for this desire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

haveblue posted:

His hot surrogate wife is also going to die

Sometimes winning is temporary at best

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

corn in the bible posted:

The canon sh2 end is he disappeared in silent hill and never came back

So the ending where he kills himself is probably the canon one then. Where's the part where he didn't win

edit: Alternatively the ending where he leaves Silent Hill with the little girl is the canon one and he just starts a new life because yknow he did kill his wife and all, in which case he did not win because now he has to look after the most annoying child in videogames

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

The White Dragon posted:

i didn't realize that lp exploded though? :confused:

A bunch of people left and went to their own self-hosted website because of lowtax/shmorky drama that was stupid and dumb

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Watch this cute couple play Mario Party, it's adorable and a comfy way to spend an evening. Also terrifying when they occasionally get competitive.

edit: Also watch dscruffy1 play Enter the Gungeon because he manages to make that game look continuously really fun somehow.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The sale starts tomorrow the 15th

Edit or is that when they're being removed? I do nyot remember

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Where are the rpg elements of duck feeder? Oddium, i ask you

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Getting caught while trying to sneak out of the diner because you forgot to pay for your food was pretty mind-blowing at the time, somehow. It's a shame all that little intricate stuff is dropped basically immediately after you're introduced to all the characters and then the game goes absolutely batshit at about the halfway point.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Help Im Alive posted:

Do people like the souls character creators outside of their ability to create weird abominations because they never seemed very good to me

Bloodborne's is really good for making actual humans.

Jay Rust posted:

What games have motherhood as a theme? Besides Metroid

Outlast 2 but don't play it because it's fuckin abhorrent

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Gun: *is a tool meant for killing living creatures from far away and literally nothing else*

Lurdiak: Actually it's ok to not be able to know if it's real or not from far away

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 00:34 on May 15, 2017

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lurdiak posted:

That's why I said "in a society that isn't ruled by fear".

The fear of being killed by a gun is a pretty fuckin natural instinct to have when you see a gun

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

FirstAidKite posted:

Maybe because you can have sonic be such a dick to people that you can permanently miss out on party members :v:

He's such an rear end in a top hat, it's awesome

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Any opinions on The Surge? People are saying it's another It's Like Dark Souls game but I want to hear deeper opinions than that before my 1,500 hours in the Souls games pushes me to buy it any further

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hmm, okay. I managed to find it for 25% off (38 bucks in the US) and my Play More Souls-Esque Games trigger finger was twitching.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Red Bones posted:

I don't know jack about computers, but is there a reason why Valve even needs to operate Steam as a client vs as an online store, when GOG doesn't require a client at all? Is it the download management and autoupdating stuff?

It ensures that the games you buy from their platform can only be played on their platform.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lurdiak posted:

Nah apparently it happens to everyone for some reason.

This channel and lofi hiphop god drat rule just to let you know

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Origin is so much better than Steam as a client it's almost embarrassing. I wish Steam ran as well or was so less cluttered or even so nice to look at as Origin is. It's just a shame Valve doesn't have to make Steam function that well because people are gonna use it (in a lot of cases have to) no matter what.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
For another relevant example, see Youtube.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Snak posted:

Origin worms its way into my computers startup processes in a way that steam never does, and it's constantly trying to run background poo poo or install updates when I don't even want it to be running.

That is a bummer but you can just tell it not to do that and it won't anymore. I get a popup telling me I need to download an update just about every time I launch the thing because it can't do it automatically anymore but whatever. :shrug:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
GOG Galaxy destroyed my windows installation so you will hear no praise about it from me. I am glad they let you download their games copy-protection-free if you own them so that I never have to look at it again.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

- scanning your computer for any EA published games to add to your Origin library (even though you can still play them via Steam, at least last time I checked)

Why is this a bad thing?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Cowcaster posted:

oh also there was a rolling talking head that was a miniature sized version of some giant heads out in the desert i think?

The rolling talking head is the best boy and you will learn to love him.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ometeotl posted:

I can't wait for a bunch of people to come to the realization that Crash 2 was the only good game in that series, Racing notwithstanding.

My dude, there was never a bad Crash Bandicoot game outside of the GBA until the crappy beat em up ones. Not a single one. Even the first game, with its floaty-rear end controls, was still more than on the level with its competition at the time on PS1. Twinsanity remains one of the best 3D platformers I've ever played.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Still slightly creeped out by this and sonic having individual hairs now.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I feel like using "generic white guy" as a descriptor for a real person means you probably should play less video games

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

Are you saying that most white guys aren't generic because lol

It's akin to referring to your friends by the anime tropes they best fit into

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

She greeted me with "Hey, finally someone normal around here."

Normal, she calls the man wearing an iron mouse suit.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I wish the path you fought Garl Vinland on wasn't so weirdly shaped, though. It's so easy to knock the guy off into the swamp and then just not have to fight him at all.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Please find a publisher to fund a video game about Blame so that I can call it The Blame Game when it eventually comes out.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Sakurazuka posted:

Wow, ShopTo has Mankind Divided up for £5 that must have bombed with a capital BOMB

A BOMB?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Guy Mann posted:

According to Reddit this is literally the reason Mirror's Edge 2 was mediocre. Sarkeesian visited DICE and talked about making the game more appealing to women, which meant that they intentionally made the game bad to try and score politicial correctness brownie points and SJW snowflake safe spaces cuck Tumblr!!!

Why does anyone even pay the slightest bit of attention to people who say these things

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Human kind's never-ending struggle to feel whole and complete is the only reason we have survived as long as we have

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Hella fuckin smoky in the boardroom that came up with Mario Rabbids, 4/20 am i right YEEEEE *does a dance*

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
After Outlast 2 did not let me beat up the religious zealots that raped my wife, I am thankful that Far Cry 5 is going to let me do it with reckless abandon

edit: By the way, don't play Outlast 2, I don't think I've ever seen a less satisfying plot for the intensity of the actual plot beats

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

DLC Inc posted:

this "finally I can just kill all the white people" take is beyond embarrassing so I hope this turns out to just be weirdos in a cult and that's it, much like Resident Evil 7

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am so sorry I am white, I'd carve SINNER into my back but I can't reach it, can someone come over and do it for me.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You could not pay me enough money to click on the angry birds video

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Regy Rusty posted:

Missing out on some insanely timely references to current events!

It bothers me so drat much when video games do this

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Mordja posted:

Lol, this game is going to drive so many families into unexpected credit card debt.

Just like the American Healthcare System in 2017, am I right??? Ha ha ha that'll be 99 cents *shoots an angry bird into a hospital that crumbles with dynamic physics*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiYTQqbojfU

in this angry birds cartoon, the pigs capture two birds to force them to gently caress which for some reason they think will make an egg they can eat. the birds argue while they are trapped and the pigs think they are loving, which allows the birds to escape

no part of that sentence is an exaggeration

• Locked thread