Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serf
May 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/FriendlyRiposte/status/858786775602532352

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Bioshock Infinite, the only game bold enough to ask "What if both sides are bad?"

Serf
May 5, 2011

Fallout, with things like Juan Cruz and the Hubologists, is a game that always makes total sense.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Yeah that ending is the good one, what's the deal.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I liked Star Ocean 2 and 3. 4 was bad and I didn't play 5.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Halo 3 came out during my freshman year in college, and the dorm had a LAN connection set up that we had been using to play Halo 2 on. The day it came out we had like 3 groups of 4 players playing the campaign on legendary, trying to beat it first. That was a really fun time.

Serf
May 5, 2011

haveblue posted:

I want to know more about the space game you stole the teaser for in Watchdogs 2. That video had way too high production values to have been made specifically for a sidequest in a minor franchise.

Wasn't there an article about how it was a real game in development, but things weren't going well and the WD2 team wanted to show it off to drum up interest?

Serf
May 5, 2011

FauxLeather posted:

I keep forgetting about Winston in particular. It shows that the game can go weirdass places beyond just humans vs robots and I'm pretty excited to see what's next.
What I'm saying is I want a fish man.

Just add Prince Sidon to the game.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Palpek posted:

Prey's soundtrack owns when it actually plays in the game. A part of me would like some lighter mix of the music to play more often during gameplay.

I have an issue where the music plays a lot and it plays very, very loud. It drowns out the ambient noises and conversations so I had to turn it down.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Final Fantasy 9 remains one of my favorite games of all time, and the best FF I've ever played, except maybe for Tactics.

FFXV was merely okay, really brought down by the bad combat.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

Does Prey have item durability? This is what decides whether or not I buy it

No

Serf
May 5, 2011

Harrow posted:

Anyone remember the weird pseudo-roguelike mode in Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring? I bought that game because it was a fighting game with FF characters but played the hell out of the weird tower dungeon crawl mode that I didn't expect to be there.

That game ruled.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Now I'm just thinking about all the weird old PS1 games I had that no one talks about anymore. Stuff like Tomba, Blasto, Jersey Devil, Azure Dreams, Brave Fencer Musashi and Monster Rancher.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Macarius Wrench posted:

I dont think I've ever heard another human being reference noted PSX classic Jersey Devil

It was the second game I ever got for the PS1 after Croc. I got it from my relatives, and remember it really well for some loving reason. I was also thinking of a few others like Tenchu, Jade Cocoon, The Legend of Legaia and The Legend of Dragoon. PS1 was a magical time for video games. I don't think they would hold up today, but it was this weird era where you could find some strange stuff on a demo disc or buy an unheard of game at Wal-Mart and be the only one of your friends who had it.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Nasgate posted:

All this AC: Syndicate talk is triggering me because Syndicate(2012) is my favourite FPS and it will never get a sequel because of nerds getting mad it wasn't't a remake of the snes game.

Same but for the Shadowrun FPS.

Serf
May 5, 2011

The Syndicate FPS ruled and had a great multiplayer mode.

Also Miles Kilo is still one of the greatest cyberpunk names ever.

Serf
May 5, 2011

I'll admit, I prefer vanilla communism, but I'll take what I can get.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Palpek posted:

I heard that Syndicate 2012 is really good in co-op because the other players get completely different sets of abilities that do some amusing stuff when used together.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the way it played. It worked well for Darkness 2. This was a time when co-op multiplayer was being put into all kinds of games and I loved it. It sucks that there's not really a community for it anymore.

Serf
May 5, 2011

weirdly this reminds me a lot of hardcore henry. totally different aesthetic and whatnot, but some aspects are oddly similar

Serf
May 5, 2011

lets hang out posted:

Maybe you need some lofi hip hop in your life

i actually didn't know this until i tried it

Serf
May 5, 2011

Life is... Weird

Serf
May 5, 2011

Man Dead Cells is so much fun. I don't usually like this type of game but it is really clicking with me for some reason.

Serf
May 5, 2011

DLC Inc posted:

from the giantbomb video I saw it looks like Rogue Legacy but way better. I thought the *idea* and concept of Rogue Legacy was cool but was bored to tears by the simplistic gameplay and worthless "heritage trait" system. Dead Cells looks 100x better and with actual combat and cooler skills. I was holding off on it but might not be able to much longer.

I really enjoy the weapons, as each one is distinct and forces you to rethink how you approach each opponent. The combat is also fast and super smooth. With a controller it feels great. It also helps that the game looks fantastic, and the particle effects are really good and make the bigger fights feel properly chaotic and crazy. My only complaint so far is they need more weapon types, and that the turret power is so much better than everything else that you'll never not be using it. Turret + some flavor of grenade pretty much lets you cheese every non-elite in the game with enough patience.

Serf
May 5, 2011

are they really making a mario strategy game or something? this looks rad

Serf
May 5, 2011

the chud tears over this game are gonna be incredible

Serf
May 5, 2011

chumbler posted:

Dead Cells looks kinda cool, and gives me some Mega Man X or Castlevania vibes, but early access. Any opinions on it?

I've been playing it a lot lately and its very good. It doesn't feel like early access, this could be a complete game by itself content-wise. The controls in particular are great, it is smooth and it feels easy to maneuver during the hectic fights.

Serf
May 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/Hegelbon/status/868090424598171648

Serf
May 5, 2011

Dr Cheeto posted:

Sup games, how are you staving off the cold inevitability of death today?

I'm writing a 'fic where Shadow the Hedgehog joins the Payday gang.

Joke's on you I lust for death.

Also I've been playing a lot of Endless Space 2 while I wait.

Serf
May 5, 2011

MMF Freeway posted:

How is it? I liked endless legends a lot but I didn't play it till it had like a year of patches so idk how it was at launch.

Pretty good imo. There's lots that needs to be added to the game, but for right now playing each of the factions is lots of fun because each one changes how you play the game pretty substantially. Some are more weird than others, but tooling around figuring out how to make them work has kept my attention. Also the story quests and branching storyline are really interesting and add a lot to the game.

Serf
May 5, 2011

i now own all the current consoles, but basically all i play is persona 5 and destiny on the ps4 and breath of the wild on the switch. i only ever played titanfall 2 on the xbone (worth it tho) and now i'm waiting for another good game to come out on in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

loot and crafting are like my favorite things

• Locked thread