Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I might be allergic to games that have "Origins" in the title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That's the risk you run into if you use the "I'd blank her blank" sentence format

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm excited for Far Cry 5 now, it's just about the bravest move a AAA has done for a while now (that will probably be disappointingly meagre)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You better marry that phone, she's a keeper!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

RimWorld patch notes:
All pawns now have "head butt" attacks they can use if they're missing all other attacking body parts.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

My friend was telling me about a game called Persona 4: Dancing All Night, and it turns out he wasn't joking???

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The gameplay looks serviceable and it was a dumb idea to have the characters exclaim "Yeah yeah!" every two seconds but the animations are enchanting, I'll watch a few of these before bed I think

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why's Sonic on there anyway? Besides some abstract idea of irony

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Who's the funniest speedrunner?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

It was a rhetorical question...

Here's a real one:

What's GotM May 2017? I haven't played any new releases

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

remember metal gear acid?? also

Is there a term for stdh that's, like, "Even if this were true you're a lovely person"?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

What's the best game to play when you got the blues?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Phantasium posted:

Locoroco

Also Katamari Damacy

Hmm. That's interesting.

If you're feeling a little sad, would you reach for sad music or happy music? I've never thought about it before, but I think sadder tunes build some kind of camaraderie or something in those moments.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

Is Fallout 4 (PS4) good

I haven't played any of the others so I don't have anything to compare it to

It's a G2F4

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

My friend convinced me to play Hero of the Storms, it's fun. I played DotA 2 a few times about five years ago, that's my background

Things I appreciate:
I'm a dummy who likes Blizzard's art style
The skill system is very intuitive
Not having to worry about a bunch of poo poo like items and consumables and stealing kills away enemy heroes or whatever
Games last ten to fifteen minutes
Playing co-op vs the AI means a sure but challenging win

Bad thing(s):
80% of the voices in the game are interchangeable dumb low gravelly demon voices

I don't know how long I'll keep logging in but it's good clean fun for now!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I've never played a Crash game or really seen one in action, but that looked pretty bad? Six minutes of the exact same challenge? Also couldn't they have made it so that the apples gravitate towards you? The player there skipped a bunch because yeah, it's tedious having to stop your momentum and stand still for an extra second

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The Phantom could be either a super cool dude in person, or very obnoxious. I don't see how there could be a middle ground

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

OneDeadman posted:

I can't believe that Jason Statham goes around calling himself The Phantom while owning fools in Tekken

Vin Diesel

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

If JRPGs went "plot - boss fight - plot - boss fight" for their entire duration, I'd really be into them

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Presumably that's the villain saying that

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Star Citizen is the most unfinished game there will ever be

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Fuckin neato

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Cartoons are for children

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

corn in the bible posted:

When those shows were on we were children

I bet you lots of goons watch cartoons for children nowadays

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Most of the games I play are probably rated T for Teen or higher, as it should be

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Yeah the sheer lack of remorse on display in The Act of Killing was pretty spooky and made me unhappy for a long time. I haven't heard about The Look of Silence before but it doesn't seem to answer that either

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Diablo 3 does the best loot

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I don't even register what a person's avatar is 90% of the time... I do recognise the colours and shapes from the corner of my eye and that's enough to identify who's posting what

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Every Day's Great at Your June Games Chat Thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Don't forget to :five: this thread!

• Locked thread