Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah, people have been thinking they're clever for making grim versions of childish things for a long time.

The new Flintstones rules, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Mak0rz posted:

Bunny Must Die is a hard game, but I'm starting to see that it would actually be easy if the controls weren't bad. Bunny's movements are just sluggish and don't feel responsive at all and that's not a good thing for a game like that.

Also it's bullshit when I accidentally pick up a weapon I don't want. I have the laser sword I don't want the stupid ball and chain thing god drat it!!

I might end up quitting it, but I think I'm getting close to finishing? I dunno.

Don't worry, it's not a good game.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Jay Rust posted:

What games do amnesia well?

Planescape Torment and...?

Ghost Trick

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I didn't buy Prey because I still need to finish Persona 5 and then play Near A Tomato.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

In Training posted:

The only company i pay attention to at E3 is nintendo because everybody else is announcing games coming out in 2+ years.

Ubisoft has gotten better about announcing games that are releasing before the next E3. Whether you like those games is another story.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Snak posted:

...doesn't Nintendo usually just announce remakes and ports of games people have already played?

Don't cut yourself with that edge.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I advise you to just play the drat game and stop having us make every decision for you.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

He's posted roughly 30 pages of posts of Undertale fanart, so

The dark days of following the Undertale thread on this forum. The nightmares still haunt me.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Jay Rust posted:

Is there a meaningful difference between fanart and fanfiction, really

One gets respect and creators can make a serious living off of it.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Takemi is the best, sorry.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Whoa whoa wait a minute here!

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Is Overwatch a sandwich?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

The Colonel posted:

shout outs to the x68000 boxart for final fight

All around me are familiar faces
worn out places
worn out faces

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

ImpAtom posted:

Based off what I've read since it was announced, it doesn't seem like it's a big shock. Hitman was apparently well praised but sold really badly. You can blame the episodic release or whatever but it seems like it underperformed the hell out of things. Which sucks but i also can't say it was wrong for them to go episodic considering that is probably what allowed it to be designed in the way it was.

These are just Steam numbers, but...

Hitman Absolution: Owners: 3,020,229 ± 50,168
Hitman: Owners: 631,227 ± 23,003

Yeah...

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

That's a pretty cool funny moment, I'm glad I didn't get to experience it myself

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

They let me make Waluigi, so they're good to me.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I always wear a crown in a soulsborne game because Waluigi's majesty needs to be both seen and celebrated.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I do but not on my phone so it'll be like 5 hours or so until I can post it.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Can't 1up perfection, my man.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Velvet is the best mom in 2017

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Phantasium posted:

I started playing Chrono Cross again and I still really like it, what's wrong with me?

A lot, apparently.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Red Steel 2 is a good wild west game that also features magic samurai

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

An Excellent Page

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

bloodychill posted:

Are you trying to say that my not addressing these old revelations that I'm essentially supporting them?

You're supporting them if you try to shift criticism away from the company committing them with lame whataboutism.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

That is literally the definition of whataboutism. The article is about Valve specifically, pretending that the writer or people reading and agreeing with it are only looking to yell at Valve and thinks others are guilt free is ludicrous. "What about Nintendo or Sony or whatever" is whataboutism because the article is not a look at bad consumer issues in game companies, it's about Valve.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Valve recently changing the gifting rules to benefit only them, Valve slashing the payments given to the people who make the content that gets them money to begin with is not "on their way to fixing things". Bringing well known internet personas to their offices to discuss things is such a blatant PR move because there's no promise or guarantee of anything changing for the better.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

At one point it plays the song Coconut and on of the characters sings along. Not exactly something easily expunged.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Quest For Glory II posted:

they're not a monopoly just because other people suck at it

Effectively. People are willing to defend their shittiest practices just because they'd rather not deal with the interface of their competitors. Might as well be a monopoly at that point.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

CJacobs posted:

Why is this a bad thing?

Because he needed another bulletpoint.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I prefer the well made Aladdin game, not the one with the neat graphics and flaily sword attack with hitboxes that are non-euclidean.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Lurdiak posted:

There is currently no way to tell Steam you don't want people on your friends list to be able to voice call you. Nothing like getting a voice call during the middle of a cutscene in a plot-heavy game.

What are you doing, we're only allowed to poo poo on Steam's competitors when they get mentioned, not Steam itself.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Cowcaster posted:

where were you when there was like 3 pages of discussion on how steam is a cutthroat capitalist monopoly bleeding anyone and everyone who touches it dry in pursuit of the almighty dollar

Watching people try to present that while others screamed about how Origin killed their dog and that a Steam monopoly is a good thing.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Yes

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I can't wait for a bunch of people to come to the realization that Crash 2 was the only good game in that series, Racing notwithstanding.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Apropos of nothing, guinea pis are cute little potatoes.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Ostentatious posted:

Why doesn't the main character of Fates wear shoes tho

They can't help it, feet had just been invented.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Dr Cheeto posted:

That Nazi is real cute

Hotzi

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Has someone saved the bird yet?

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

It sucks. I don't want to play a game that constantly reminds me how bad I am at it.

e: No, I'm not saying the gameplay is bad.

How insecure do you have to be to get all your self-worth from a video game ranking system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Captain Invictus posted:

Hey, not a bad show to watch, though the manga is better.

Can't remember if you've read one piece or not, but if not, you should get on that. Easily one of the most enjoyable manga out there, especially if you like to binge read (since there's nearly 900 chapters now) but also is currently in its strongest arc in at least a decade.

Some of the worst advice you can give a person.

• Locked thread