Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Lakbay posted:

Does everyone focus on one game at a time, juggle a bunch of games at once, or buy games but just go back to dota 2/overwatch/rocket league/etc

I focus on one game at a time

At any time I am active in like eight games that I will cycle through. I will primarily focus on like three but will pick at the others until they drift into the main three.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Sefal posted:

I play one game at a time. But I sometimes play some overwatch/rocket league Whilst going through that game. And I keep buying games. I still have some sealed games I bought in 2014.

I have accepted that my Backlog wins and will still buy cheap games I have though about playing some time maybe. I have entire game series that I haven't touched but are on my shelf, frowning at me for my neglect.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

They should put FTL on a console so I can try it

I had thought they announced a Wii U port at one point but uh obviously that is no longer happening and I can't find any info online so I guess I am crazy

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

This month is my birthday and I am going to try to save up for a nice tv in my game room so I can move all my HD stuff in there and thus never leave my gaming hovel, surrounded by maps from games I like.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Sorry, I thought I'd made it clear enough :(

A middle aged woman went to an anime convention, held a panel, and during the panel she brought up that adult women who sexually like little boys would enjoy the show because they can pretend that they are the character's mother. This was not her making an awful joke, this was her sincerely suggesting this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgqRis_czYg

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I'm sorry.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Dr Cheeto posted:

"people who like a thing I don't like are mentally ill"

Hell, agreed.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah it's kind of like the problem that plagued superhero comics since the late 90s, where everyone thinks this inherently goofy genre needs to "grow up" because they simultaneously are too jaded to enjoy it as the cutesy escapism it's supposed to be but also unable to let it go because of nostalgia, so all these people who grew up as fans of superhero comics become writers and start writing stuff like "Toy-themed Superman villain Toyman is a child molester" and "Teenage superheroes accidentally cause the death of hundreds of children" and "This random comedy villain is a serial rapist" and just gore everywhere, because that's mature and realistic! *man in tights flies into space in background to fight sentient sun*

Anime.

This definitely still happens. Look at the Flintstones, and Archie.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I used to get the GameStop magazine because it comes with their stupid reward service but that poo poo sat around untouched since it was full of things I had read on the internet two months ago.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

I can be assured that my top gaming news made by gamers for gamers is sourced and researched so when i drop a sexy fresh gaming rumor on some unsuspecting noobs and they ask for sources i can smirk and unholster my trusty game informer on the spot and they know that I mean business. That i am not to be hosed with

Edit: for real though dont gently caress with me on gamer topics i will end you emotiomally and physically, burying you beneath my old gamepros

:stare:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Macarius Wrench posted:

Its me in the guy who loved Borderlands 2 enough to play it start to finish solo twice but can't stand Tales from the Borderlands.

Oh poo poo. We finally found 'em. :geno:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

spudsbuckley posted:

You should never trust the opinion of someone who is on New Game+++++ or talks about doing a level 1/no potions/no pants run of a game.

These people are deeply broken and are far beyond being able to give a useful opinion about the game in question anymore.

I appreciate if someone is enjoying a game as fully as they can, and you should too.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

Smt4 sucks, gently caress this game

If I can get through that dungeon then so can you, corn in the bible.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

Near A Tomato.

:geno:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I like that Dunkin Donuts' ad campaign used to be, "we ruin our employees' lives to bring you these fuckin delicious donuts"

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

I'm also legit annoyed that the version of Code Veronica that's coming to PS4 is the PS2 version emulated rather than the proper port they did for PS3.

That is pretty annoying but on the upside Code: Veronica is a bad game and you shouldn't be buying tons of copies of it.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I got Spelunky for PS4 and I got to Olmec on my second attempt and then I got squished clinging to his side trying to get him to fall down a death pit. :saddowns:

I think using the 360 pad for so long to play it was like wearing weighted clothes and now I have a PS4 d-pad and I am moving at twelve times the speed and power

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

bloodychill posted:

See Star Wars EU pre-Disney. Your tabletop Star Wars game was canon.

My tabletop Star Wars game is still canon!! :argh:

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Steven Moffat posted some stuff on Usenet in the 90s suggesting that humans got the word "Doctor" (meaning someone who helps) from the main character in Doctor Who. 15 or so years afterwards the show is back and he's in charge, and the idea gets a mention in one of his episodes.

Geoff Johns (one of the guys in charge of DC's stuff) wrote a letter in the 90s detailing how two characters were linked. He was told that it wasn't the case, but years later he was in a position to change that and make his idea canon.

Haha the Geoff Johns thing rules. Even though Geoff Johns is pretty bad.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

An ex of mine thought the hotline miami soundtrack was good lovemaking music. Some of it, sure, others...not so much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcMz3aAZDv4

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

mutata posted:

He made a video on Bioshock 1 that was positive and I guess people were disappointed so he continued with the negging.

I am also disappointed that he was positive about Bioshock.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Ostentatious posted:

Yahtzee once said negative things about Smash Bros. Brawl and received so much hate mail that he did an entire episode focused on that

I really like Jim Sterlings stuff

I'm going to have a YouTube gimmick of aggressively liking every video game.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

So, you wanna be an influencer

*views empty bank account* Hm. Yes.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

Apparently Uno on Xbox Live had a gay cruising subculture, which makes that old screenshot of a guy's kid getting banned from XBLA for jerking off during Uno have an entirely new dimension.

This music is sexy as loving hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ic71xK0eaQ

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

In Training posted:

Idgaf about numbers unless it's my XP bar going up

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I think my mother is the only person on the planet to have played the Back To The Future game for the NES to completion. I have tried. It's really bad.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Friends, I have finally reached the City Of Gold in Spelunky and I am so happy. :keke:

My ultimate life goal is to successfully complete an Eggplant Run* but we must take these things one step at a time.

*(🍆)

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

lmao didn't they cancel the remake of this like two years ago

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Nasgate posted:

Tried the demo and it was slow as heck and I couldn't cause enemies to scream in pain while gunning down their teammates before their head explodes so what's the point?

Um DOOM 2016 is definitely not slow at all.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

In Training posted:

It's kinda slow

I have only played like the first three hours or so but I think you saying this guarantees that it is the fastest game ever made

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

bloodychill posted:

From elsewhere, a couple of good point on Valve

Yeah what an excellent post thanks for sharing :jerkbag:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

How is that filter even amusing to you still

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

similarly, i've stalled out on playing prey. games that actively engage your attention are the worst

Then play Peggle or something, what the hell

Mak0rz posted:

I found a QR code in Alan Wake and it showed me this. what even is this game

That is Sam Lake, creator of Max Payne and original model for Max's face texture. That specific moment is from a talk show in-game, where the host says to him, "c'mon, do the face!" I love him.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

hello, games chat. it's been awhile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0kGvgXmmgk

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I am really enjoying Injustice 2 and I love dressing my characters in ridiculous cyberhelmets. There are a lot of awesome variants and a ton of accessories directly connected to a bunch of other obscure characters, if you know anything about comics that part's pretty cool. Superman alone has so many different versions of the s-shield. It is kind of a bummer that you have to spend real money to change the appearance of equipment but I am fine never doing that and being subject to the whims of video game fate.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

An Assassin's Creed game set in the Mushroom Kingdo

EDIT: No exaggerating, this Rabbids game is probably in my top five most anticipated Switch games

:chloe:

Bicyclops posted:

Here's an overdisclosure post: my wife is extremely sick, like she has a chronic illness, but it's gotten really bad in the past two months, bad enough that if the latest treatment doesn't work, it might mean life-altering surgery or worse. She has to sleep a lot lately, and I've been reading and watching TV, but now that I have the stupid Playstation camera, it feels a little like I can play video games games and also be a little social, while still staying in our place if she needs me for anything. Once I have some time to sit, I am looking forward to playing some video games and having a handful of my Facebook friend who I don't have time to see watching it with me. Anyway, Iwata bless video games. Thanks for listening.

That really sucks :( Hope everything works out for you guys

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh poo poo!

That slide was supposed to say turtle SHELLS, wasn't it

:geno:

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

My big toe hurts when I walk, is this gout, am I getting old, am I gonna die soon

You should definitely ask Games this question.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Bicyclops posted:

Hi folks,

I wanted to do some streaming tonight, but I cannot, for a few reasons, so instead, I am watching the Aziz Ansari show, which I think is pretty good, and sipping some gin I've been keeping in the freezer for summer drinks.

Aziz Ansari show is pretty good, substance abuse is good, enjoy

also lollin' at Alteisan's twitter. I don't know why they still come here lol

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Monster Hunter would probably be fun it weren't on a gimmick console.

You suck so bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

"Hey kite happy birthday, always nice to see you post, you're always so nice and positive, what're you doing for your birthday?"

"I hate my mom I hope she doesn't contact me I don't want to deal with her I hate her I'm scared"

""

Eh you're a pleasant but depressed dude. At least you're not a mean and depressed dude like basically everyone else. Happy birthday, kite person. :cheers:

• Locked thread