Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Bully has the whole "time management school life" thing that Persona does though. Doesn't it? I swear I remember having to decide whether I'd go to class or go do a prank or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Last Story has a bit of a bland... uh... story... but the gameplay is really neat I thought.

I thought the Witcher card game just came out on PS4, but when I went to download it just now it says "March 28". :confused:

edit: also the sony store seems to think i own Titanfall 2? i don't remember buying it? did i get a free game or buy it while i was on acid or something?

precision fucked around with this message at 21:10 on May 28, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The cast of Persona 5:

"God, how will we ever identify which girl at our school we met in that dungeon? How will we ever find the one female student in our school who has poofy grey hair?!!!!"

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Still better at investigation than the cast of Persona 4

it's not naoto's fault he was surrounded by morons

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
the one person who actually looks like their character is barely in the shot lol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Warthog posted:

Is it better to stick with just one party then or rotate and grind?

persona 4 is not a hard game, i played basically the entire thing while super drunk between recording sessions and barely paying attention (it was a weird time in my life okay)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

i bet this has actually happened a few times though

it happens with Japanese film students who get all snobby and hate on Japanese movies

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

wizard on a water slide posted:

a lot of the iconic youth fashion trends ppl associate with japan and by extension stylistic choices that like their bands and game designers make are just the result of a few decades of divergent evolution among japanese fanboys of american or european culture

yeah that's what i was getting at when i was talking of how it's weird/frustrating that the punk rock doctor literally never once mentions punk culture or music (neither does Ryuji even!)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Captain Invictus posted:

Yoh Yoshinori, one of the greatest animators in Japan, is a MASSIVE westaboo. If you've seen any Gainax anime like Gunbuster, Evangelion, Gurren Lagann, or FLCL, you've probably seen his stuff. The whole Asuka fight from End of Evangelion was mostly animated by him, for example, as well as most action scenes from Gurren Lagann and FLCL, and a lot of stuff from Panty And Stocking With Garterbelt. He's a king of fights, kineticism, and explosions; he's a master of giving physical feeling and weight to animation which is particularly hard to do.

He's the guy basically any animation studio calls on when they need a climactic moment animated in an incredible, movie-quality way in a relatively short period of time. This is a video of parts he has animated all on his own for all sorts of things, from Gainax shows to Toy Story bonus videos to Mass Effect animes(?!?), he's been at it for at least 30 years and he's a really cool dude. He just loves the craft, and hand-animates everything.

If you are at all a fan of animation as an art form, it's worth looking at his stuff and noticing what he does that very few others do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFRDSbjnasY&hd=1

oh wow holy poo poo yeah i recognized his style immediately but i had no idea ONE GUY did all that :stare:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Palpek posted:

- Some Scientology organization wants to be independant from The Church of Scientology that they think has created a monopoly for itself via various methods including trademarks
- This Scientology organization files a trademark for First Independent Church of Scientology but is denied because Scientology is trademarked
- They try to fight against the denial arguing that 'scientology' has become a generic term and they give different examples of its mainstream usage for the judge/jury to consider including the "scientology of pizza" thread in byob with its pyramid-pizza head photoshops
- Lol

It's all fun and games until you realize that the way the CoS operates means that whoever tried that poo poo is gonna be dead and broke (maybe even in that order)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Macarius Wrench posted:

How's Infamous Second Sun? Never played an infamous but I got the impression it was the PS3 Crackdown with dumb fun explosiony combat and orb collecting, is that about right?

It's good, but it's so easy it's downright silly and has less to do than the first two games. It's definitely fun though, just clowning on cops and spray painting dicks everywhere.

First Light is a lot better.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

oddium posted:

all three power sets in second son are reskins of each other but they all require different sources to recharge which is kind of lame. it would have been cool to be like, for running i want Light, for grenade i want Smoke, etc.

this isn't true, with Smoke you can't run up the sides of buildings, you have to find an air vent to get up on a roof, and there are a lot of other differences (but you're right that they're MOSTLY samey)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
cool

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Yeah Injustice was super, super... stiff feeling? Compared to MK9/X. Like it legit almost felt as stiff and simple as MK2 or something. Did they fix that?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
posting this here for no real reason:

the lego batman movie is legit the best batman movie ever made, and probably a top 3 comedy in recent memory. holy poo poo, it was so much better than i had even hoped.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I did like the lego movie just a tad more but I felt like batman had a tighter script and better pacing. Legos rule. Just the other day I found out I actually can sell my opened/built Legos for a profit - just one minifig from a star wars vehicle from only a year ago is going for 30 plus on ebay :stare:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Macarius Wrench posted:

The Lego Movie felt like a film made for children with ADHD.

You're thinking of Detention

Which also rules btw. It's basically Heathers on crystal meth and acid

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Witcher card game is pretty good for a f2p game on your ps4

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Macarius Wrench posted:

I'm not saying "made for ADHD" kids as some kind of off hand derogatory comment, it genuinely felt like a film made for a 5 year old who can't sit still and its baffling to me that anyone but that demographic could tolerate it

I see your point, but also, it's just so dense with jokes, like Veep

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i totally forgot i own Invisible Inc and never beat it (and i own it on both steam and ps4 too)

my memory is selective

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Macarius Wrench posted:

I've been meaning to get into it since the Giant Bomb GOTY podcasts from a year or 2 back, bounced off it a couple of times but cracked in for 2 hours last night and its got me.

When I first played it I had just gotten into the newish XCOM which definitely hurt my appreesh of the game on its own merits

Holy crap I'm in a multiplayer match with a dude whose PSN name is Bane. Insanely lucky or a day 1 ps3 owner?

precision fucked around with this message at 12:16 on May 30, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CJacobs posted:

Yeah I guess you could look at it that way if you like being a loving bummer

being a buzzkill is kinda tea's gimmick :j:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
whats up lads and lasses

i started a new (day) job today. was told to my face multiple times "you are amazing at this" which i never once heard in years at my old job

:unsmith:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

chumbler posted:

Don't set the standard too high or it just becomes expected. I speak from experience.

yeah what's funny is that i actually was setting the bar low, i thought, which i guess just speaks to how incompetent the guy i replaced was

FirstAidKite posted:

:D

Proud of you!

I hope it's not too much of a slog. It'd be great if your new job was something that you enjoyed doing in addition to being good at it :)

i actually do enjoy it! it requires much precision and attention to detail which is a good way to put my OCD to some use :)

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i never really think of avatars (on here or anywhere) as representing the poster, except when they do, like one of mine did, but even that one was such an inside joke i'm sure nobody on here could possibly have known what it meant

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
honestly the main reason i ever bother changing mine is to throw a few bucks to this dead comedy forum that has, in all for real sincerity, has helped me mellow out about the internet.

shucks i'm gettin' sentimental. wonder if i'll be up to playing any games tonight or if i just catch up on sleep (wife on third shift yet again :( )

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lurdiak posted:

My avatar is cool but a rude person changed my title. I don't want to change it back b/c I'm afraid they'll change my avatar to a butt or something.

I legit thought you hadn't noticed, now it's not as funny

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

LawfulWaffle posted:

That's funny, because every time I see your avatar I try to see it as something other than you deciding that threatening a woman with a cattle prod is the best way to represent yourself online.

oh jeez no it's... not that :(

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I liked The Evil Within because it's completely bugnuts wackadoo and knows it

the gameplay is whatever, but the insanity is :chef emote:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
after over 20 years of struggling with, i'm finally ready to admit it to myself: i'm attractive.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i'm playing persona 5 on Normal and everything's been super easy (I'm on palace 5), not a single "ambush surprise game over" yet. :shrug:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lizard Wizard posted:

What's the worst PS2 game that can be beaten in a day, Games?

Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
listening to some tunes putting together a new mega-playlist for the commute to work and jogging on the beach, i realized jim sterling's old fascist gig reminds me of this song, only not as good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1VoiNISg-4

2 4 6 8, tell me who I'm s'posed to hate / get with the goose step, tell me it's a 2-step process

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
man, Thomas Was Alone is such a great experience, shame about Volume

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
June chat thread!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3822328

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
To be fair, it's an extremely obvious title for June

also maybe there should be a generally agreed upon time to make the month's chat thread, I waited until near midnight EST, glam rock's was made an entire day early!

precision fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jun 1, 2017

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Real hurthling! posted:

Does it matter though?

Nah

I just wanted to make the thread for once :shobon:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

glam rock hamhock posted:

I mean...same.

...are you just keeping your thread open in hopes it gets stickied over mine or what?

IIRC the bylaws state that in the case of multiple threads the issue is decided by the shitposters; if the shitposters cannot achieve consensus, the matter moves to the trolls; and eventually the mods if necessary and affirmed by a written execution of order from an admin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If you're serious I'll close it I just thought people could post in either or both until a mod stickies one since it's not like it's a competition or a big deal :shrug:

• Locked thread