Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Genocide Tendency posted:

Its also missing the part where Andrew Jackson died 15 years before South Carolina became the first state to leave the Union.

Trump's probably getting the Civil War confused with the Nullification Crisis, which 1) was during Jackson's tenure and 2) also involved South Carolina being a bunch of preening morons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nullification_Crisis?wprov=sfla1

It seems like the sort of random synapse misfire Donnie would spout out in an interview, but maybe I'm giving him too much credit. Honestly amazed if Trump actually managed to digest that much on Jacksonian history.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/860208190407020545

If the Republicans want to give up the House they sure made a good step towards that goal today.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

You missed the best:

quote:

"As far as the racism goes, I dismiss it, because I'm not racist whatsoever. That flag doesn't mean that to me," Golay said.

Oh! Thanks for clearing that up :tipshat:

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

You've been visited by the "sorrowful fascist of losing elections."
A leftist society and anti-capitalist neoliberal wet fart of a future awaits you but only if you reply "cry harder, fashie" to this post.

Still better than the alternative

cry harder, fashie

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

The Iron Rose posted:

Talk about bad timing.

I mean it's entirely innocuous, it's proper for the POTUS to meet with foreign emmissaries - even if its more properly the job of the Secretary of State, it's hardly unprecedented.

But maaaaan what lovely timing.

That's going to be one of the bylines in the history books for this admin.

Well, that and "enormous, omnipresent and inescapable incompetence."

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

suboptimal posted:

So let's say that the eventual outcome of this whole sordid shitshow is that there is credible evidence showing that there was collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russians, including Trump himself. What happens next? Can the president be impeached for crimes committed before they took office? Can the president be indicted should the legislature decline to impeach? If the Republican-led legislature declines to impeach, how do the Democrats react to this?

It's a pretty scary feeling when you realize that democracy's institutions are only as strong as the people who make them up, and those people are idiots and assholes.

If Congress fails to act in that scenario it becomes a Titanic sized cudgel to whip up opposition votes in 2018. Doesnt even matter if the GOP base still supports them if you're seeing 70/80/90% turnout of Dems and Inds in every single congressional district across the country.

At this point the only way to get the message to the GOP is to physically eject them from office.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

The more immediate poo poo hitting the fan will be the reaction of whoever the 'unnamed ally' is. If allied governments see the President of the United States as wholly unreliable ( :smugdon: ) then they're going to start cutting intel ties quick with absolutely dire consequences for the US.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

quote:

Mr. Comey created similar memos — including some that are classified — about every phone call and meeting he had with the president, the two people said.

:trumppop:

J-Dawg Hoover is smiling in hell right now at the thought of an FBI director twisting the knife in.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Meanwhile, authoritarian thugs are loose on the streets of DC:

https://twitter.com/blakehounshell/status/864665943129108481

https://twitter.com/VOATurkish/status/864631567972540417

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

BUG JUG posted:

put every one of those fucks in suits on the ground wtf dcpd.

Normally this would be a pretty significant diplomatic incident, but...

`v:smugdon:

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

M_Gargantua posted:

He's not used to her standing up

:boom:

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Buca di Bepis posted:

I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks and it doesn't look like I'm going to be able to ignore current events the entire time

After all this I'm taking two weeks off to escape into the Maine wilderness and may not come back out.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Man now you're making me want to go camping, I haven't gone since I was in Scouts as a kid.

You should camp, its awesome as an adult. Nothing like sitting around a campfire drinking beers with no cell reception :cheers:

Edit - :lol:

https://mobile.twitter.com/jamesdirkwood/status/867523703885660160

Terrifying Effigies fucked around with this message at 00:37 on May 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Kayfabe's been leaking into the real world ever since Trump won.

• Locked thread