Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Godholio posted:

I predict a white male, probably a graduate of BYU or UVU (which probably would've been UVSC at the time).

Whoa really stepping out on a limb here

gently caress Trump go congress worst president ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Will someone impeach this stupid motherfucker already jfc

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Dr Venture would be the only sitting US president in history that couldn't manage to get a BJ from his intern

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

CommieGIR posted:

Not like high poll numbers being wrong hasn't been a thing lately

In other news: CNN Presents: The Art of the Walkout

https://youtu.be/jSQrVdV7XD4

Luckily France doesn't use anything as moronic as the electoral college.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Wow thats a real trumpian move on their part

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
That's actually an unknown unknown - things we don't know that we don't know.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
To be fair, Trump still lost the popular vote.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
People are autistic now cause millenials

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Jesus motherfucking Christ

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Can't wait for the establishment to bury this orange rear end in a top hat. Who wants to gently caress up the most powerful government on the planet? Bend the knee to Uncle Sam and Lady Liberty or get merced motherfuckers

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Trump is such a clown. Why'd you do this 'Merica. Why.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Anything on HGTV or about home improvment or selling your home or improving your home then selling it is stupid and terrible as gently caress

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

MassivelyBuckNegro posted:

http://stories.cnas.org/the-return-of-marco-polos-world-and-the-u-s-military-response

long article by kaplan about the emerging world order and its historical links. he's a pretty good writer so it shouldn't be especially taxing for anyone.

sorry its not a trump tweet or a joke about dead kids in england.

Okay read, honestly it's too dense though.

The stuff about the west diluting and all that seems overblown. exceptionalist societies like the US produce shockingly ignorant conceptual frameworks of how the world works and with it an inability to grasp geographic gravity. A lot of this article reeks of that exceptionalism - "Eurasia" is loving enormous and has never stopped being important. He mentions Kublai Khan in here to illustrate something important - unifying the geographical area of Eurasia is impossible. So I guess Kaplan is the Kublai of writing?

Loved this quote:

quote:

For the world is going in different directions, and the sheer scale of activity will make dominance from any one geographical point like ours harder.

milk milk lemonade fucked around with this message at 04:22 on May 23, 2017

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
I like it hahaha unfortunately Donnie is saying this like the kind of person who is getting owned by trolls on the internet and without a hint of self awareness

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
What a loving clown show, someone needs to hack the voting machines to figure out who voted for this poo poo and revoke their voting rights permenately. Shouldn't even be allowed to vote for a school board

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Cucked by the pope

:sad:

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Hexyflexy posted:

Nope. I've got no bloody idea if there was an overall Russian strategy, I suspect it was more of a distributed "Haha, oh poo poo, they really are this loving dumb, lets see what we can do".

It's loving impressive. I mean, seriously, I'm a pretty smart nutjob and I don't think I could have come at this even 1% as well as they have.

What's been made painfully clear is that the political machines that run the two major parties are woefully unprepared for meeting modern-day threats from outside and within their own organizations, vetting their own loving candidates, or controlling messaging to their extremely retarded bases in a pragmatic rather than politically expedient manner.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Trump likes shaking Trudeau's hand because it smells like Ivanka

I can't put into words how hard I laughed at this, hahahahahahaha GOT DAYUM

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
I truly wonder - what would affect would publicizing the names of people who die inadvertently from US bombs and such in Iraq/Afghanistan have on people's perception of war? I was reading the list of Ariana Grande bombing victims, and it struck me I never saw a list like this for Deh Bala or Kakarak. Do we care about the Brits because they're largely also white and share our values to a degree?

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Dead Reckoning posted:

Wandering around recently bombed parts of Helmand, enquiring about their dead kids, is a hobby mostly for those who aren't too attached to their heads. Also, given the general lack of records or respect for factual accuracy in Afghanistan, you probably won't get good answers anyway.

I thought about this after I posted it. 'Here's a sketch of Ahmed, his parents said he was a really good goat milker also he might be at a neighboring village collecting rocks so it's hard to say what happened to him.'

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Globalism is bad! he said before sending a tweet on his cheaply manufactured iPhone

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
I think we can all agree Kansas might as well be post apocalyptic America

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Two Finger posted:

holy loving hell

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/867834190078906370

he's BRAGGING about an approval rating of 48%

48% isn't bad. The problem is it's ten points too high.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

facialimpediment posted:

WHAT THE CRAP ARE THE OTHER THINGS

https://twitter.com/markberman/status/868250445793431556

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE OTHER THINGS WERE

He also said he can get him US citizenship if he invests in his company

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Accretionist posted:

While I was constantly frustrated with his being broadly center-right, I will say this: He was pretty much the perfect center-right president.

He was not broadly Center right. His administration wasn't as far left as some wanted, and his signature healthcare reform was a big ole HJ to the insurance industry, but there was nothing right about he rest. He drew down two wars, had an extremely liberal DoJ, embraces climate change, etc etc. gently caress I miss him being in charge. gently caress you America.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Ummm bullshit. In Cologne that's all anyone drinks, and it rules. You sit down at a restaurant and get a little glass for drinking, or a whole little round thing that holds a bunch of glasses, and they just keep filling it up over and over again as you're sitting there. Kolsch is great and cool

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Koln is not a poo poo city you watch your mouth

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The problem is that other countries are going to be much more inherently wary of trusting the US and our political systems. Sure, there will probably be someone who's much less crazy in office in four years. But what about four years after that? Or eight years? If someone as dangerously unqualified as Trump could become President once, what guarantee is there that this won't happen again in the future?

To an extent, the damage has already been done. Other countries know they can't rely on the US, and will be making their own long-term agendas without the assumption of US support-or opposition. Maybe in ten, twenty years, once Trump is a forgotten Carter or H.W. Bush-esque footnote, things will have returned to 'normal'. But that's a long time in coming, and it's going to hurt us severely in the short and medium term.

On one hand that's true.

On the other hand, we're The Motherfucking United States of America. If the rest of the world didn't learn their lesson after the Trail of Tears, Gulf of Tonkin, Iran-Contra, overthrowing Mossadegh, installing Pinochet, overthrowing Lumumba and Goulart and Arenz, manufacturing Cassius Belli for The Iraqi Boogaloo 2: Daddy's Unfinished Business, destroying economies of countries that don't agree with us or pull the same poo poo we do, sanctimoniously decrying corruption around the world while establishing institutions and laws designed to funnel tax dollars to politicians, generally being a bunch of psychotic exceptionalist pissbaby assholes then when are they going to learn. The US is the home of the internet, and more specifically Netflix. We have all the leverage.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Waroduce posted:

Cologne is a cool and good city what the gently caress is there possibly not to like

I legitimately had the best two weeks of my life there and it left such an impact we've been exploring moving to Germany because my wife is technically a citizen.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Yah well Germans also drink bottled water non stop despite their tap water being perfectly fine. I think one regions obsession with cute little beer shots can be given a pass

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
And drinking carbonated water is for loving animals

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
Why would you take that most delicious life sustaining thing on the planet and carbonate it. So confusing.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
France and America are like two peas in a pod:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinking_of_the_Rainbow_Warrior

One of the people involved was later promoted to Colonel :lol:

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

The Iron Rose posted:

:laffo:

I can't even be mad that's just hilarious.

Holy poo poo what a troll haha

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
What was so historic about it? Historically embarrassing?

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
ITIL has nothing to do with Infosec it's a governance thing

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

I would have been like 'the premise of your question is stupid' instead of stumbling through that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016
I never worked with or interacted with anyone from Booz who wasn't a completely irredeemable oval office.

• Locked thread