Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I thought Kyle Shanahan was pretty rad until he stopped running the ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Pops Mgee posted:

Matt Ryan could turn into the next Mike Vick but I'll still never be able to not associate him with that weird middle aged dad fanfic thing from a few years ago.
Oh lord that was priceless.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ice Fist posted:

They would have last year if not for some serious Being The Detroit Lions by the Lions.
Fixed.

MrLogan posted:

I think the Chargers are a good team. If they don't have the injuries this year like they have the last two, they could win the division.
The past 5 years.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Blake Bortles has been shackled with the second worst offensive line (hello Seattle), lovely Running Backs, disappearing Tight Ends, and a bottom five defense the past three years. Yes he is going to make mistakes and be playing from behind.

It doesn't help that his mechanics need work.

He has been sacked more than any other QB over the past three years.

gently caress David Caldwell for not doing a better job of acquiring OL talent.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ehud posted:

Jay Ajayi is going to rush for 3,452 yards this year in his career.
Fixed that so it was more plausible.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Amy Pole Her posted:

You truly are a monster :-(
I have embraced it :(

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Eli Wiggum posted:

The Jaguars have been poopy so I understand
And this draft was incredibly poopy so I am extra bitter.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Amy Pole Her posted:

How's Myles Jack progressing?
He started slow because of the NFL's arbitrary and archaic rules about the player's college's classes still being in session or something. Then he never saw the field much and when he did he was lackluster at best.

Sataere posted:

I don't know. Fournette and Cam are both pretty sweet picks.
I disagree 100% and hope Dave Caldwell gets fired. I also hope I am wrong and happen to be acting particularly idiotic right now, but, eh.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

WHOOPS posted:

As anyone ever looked at the impact to rookies who can't attended minicamp due to the rules about coming from quarters system? Similar to Myles Jack, Anthony Barr and Erick Kendricks also had slower starts to their rookie seasons but maybe it's just the nature of being a linebacker.
Not that I am aware of, but I havent checked. It kept coming up as an excuse why he wasnt seeing the field and this and that.

Spintzel posted:

Care to elaborate? Sure Jax doesn't have a decent O line for Fournette. But I'd still take both those picks
I dont like Fournette as a runner, I think his style will lead to injuries and his body breaking down earlier than usual. The pick at 4 smells so badly of "Dallas picked Zeke last year and 4 and look how it helped them!" despite the fact that the Jaguars dont have an Offensive line to speak of outside of center, while Dallas has the undisputed best OL in the league (honorable mention to the Raiders). Fournette has a running style that will be hindered by not having any blocking. The Jaguars have the second worst OL in the league (honorable mention to the Vikings) and drafting a T/G tweener in the second round doesnt fix that. Drafting a T/G tweener

Sataere posted:

What would you rather they addressed? From what I can see, they addressed the two most glaring needs on you team. Running back and offensive line. And they arguably got the best players at their respective positions.

What did you want them to do?
Anything but RB. The team needs too much on the OL and depth on defense. Take the best available player that will help the team. Or trade back with one of these crazy teams trying to trade up. An upright runner whose playstyle needs a not-abomination OL to play well will not help the team, because the OL is that bad. Blake Bortles will still be running for his life and will end up cut, there will still be no running game, and the D is still going to be bad.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

LDT? Morse? Who am I looking at here?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

big money big clit posted:

What about all of the other years?
I really don't think we know how good or bad he is, just that he gets sacked and throws a lot of bad passes/picks when he is running for his life, which is all the drat time.

By the way, the Jaguars have an absolutely, astoundingly bad OL. Potentially worse than the Seahawks and Vikings this year. Most QBs, especially a rookie/2nd/3rd year guy, cannot​ flourish behind a terrible OL with no running game and a bad defense.

I'm​ thinking the Jaguars are an ok team if they can somehow get a functional OL, but I just don't see that happening. If Bortles isn't always trying to catch the team up because of the bad D, starting with bad field position and behind in score, and if the team can run, I think they stand a chance at being 500ish. If the OL shows it's true face I think they are the worst team in the league this year, Caldwell gets fired, Todd Wash gets fired, Bortles gets cut, and the Jaguars draft a QB #1 overall next year.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DariusLikewise posted:

I don't understand why the NFL won't do IR like any other league ever and just make it a place to move players on and off the roster.
Because TRADITION aka stupidity

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

whiteyfats posted:

All of them.
Yes please.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

whiteyfats posted:

Coughlin's old man football might help.

If not, him cutting people might be entertaining, at least.
Indeed - to both. I just hope Marrone, Hackett, and Wash are the first to get cut.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ramadu posted:

cardinals gonna win it all

book it
But you didnt say what year :ohdear:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

pubic works project posted:

Lmao is this a ranking? Cuz god drat I would say that the Colts receiving corps is WAY better than the Vikings, Panthers, Bills, Seahawks, Jaguars, and Titans.
Eh, the Colts have TY and then a cliff to the next guy. The Jaguars have three legit starters plus two great slot guys and they just drafted some clown who won some awards in college. If one part of the Jaguars deserves to be listed that high it would be their WRs. Now, the Vikings, Panthers, Bills (the Bills have a WR corps?), and Seahawks...

edit: I dont see how the Patriots are #1 or how the Chargers are ahead of the Dolphins.

edit2: or how the Broncos are so low. Their passing problem was not their WRs last year, though maybe they dont have much depth behind Demaryius and Emmanuel.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 19:38 on May 30, 2017

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, Travis Benjamin, Tyrell Williams and Dontrell Inman is an insanely deep and good WR group
Keenan Allen is never healthy and Mike Williams has yet to play a down. Benjamin, Williams, and Inman are all decent but I wouldnt go as far as saying "insanely good".

pubic works project posted:

Eh, you have Allen Robinson, Julius Thomas and that's pretty much it. Hurns is your next best guy. Everyone else is on the same level as the Colts WRs after TY and Moncrieff.

Not trying to start a debate here with a fellow AFCS bro though. I think lists like this are pretty dumb because we don't know what's going to happen this season.
Julius Thomas is a Dolphin :confused:. Hurns is great, Marquise Lee really stepped up this past year, and Rashad Greene has been stuck behind those guys and Bryan Walters for playing time. But yeah you are right, its just a list and we have no idea what is going to happen.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 19:46 on May 30, 2017

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

SHOAH NUFF posted:

I didn't say Inman, Benjamin and Williams were insanely good, I said having them as your #3/4/5 is insanely good
Easy there I'm just posting my opinions about a list someone posted on the internet. I'm not trying to start a slapfight either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

whiteyfats posted:

If Wes gets in, so should Jimmy Smith. :colbert:
Jimmy Smith should get in either way :colbert:

• Locked thread